Player attitude

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
Playing in tier 2 chaos empire zone on Burlock last night I noticed a lot of chat on the /1 chanel so I joined in. The conversation was about how scenarios weren't popping despite us all being queued. I mentioned it was the lack of players on the order side due to the lack of appeal from the classes and was instantly ridiculed with the usual 'their classes are exactly the same as ours' bullshit.
Anyway after about 30mins of no scenarios I noticed BOs being taken in troll country. So put out in /1 during a conversation that had degraded into the usual geek chat 'BOs being taken in troll country lets form a wb'. I got no reply, no interest and the bollocks continued in chat. 'I followed with, come on guys you were talking about scenarios not popping a minute ago and now you've got a chance for some ORVR' to which I got 'Don't want ORVR, want scenarios'.
Seriously they need to dumb down the scenarios otherwise ORVR will die.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Yesterday I got familiar with the rvd terminology (i.e. realm versus door). There were 2 WBs, one from destro, one from order, each taking empty keeps. Quite sad really :(

That was in Karak-azgal

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
Yesterday I got familiar with the rvd terminology (i.e. realm versus door). There were 2 WBs, one from destro, one from order, each taking empty keeps. Quite sad really :(

That was in Karak-azgal

get used to it, this is the end game.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

That was in Karak-azgal

I agree mate, nothing more fun than taking a keep with enemies auctally in it, but when we we're taking the main keeps, Destruction skipped on and took a BO, why not defend the keep, so it was a game of cat and mouse, but when we finally went a step ahead of them, and we all got inside a keep, Destruction came along and said "eek, I see other online players, I'm allergic" and ran off taking a BO, I'm not saying all Destruction players are like this of course, Order players might be doing the same thing, but its how i'm seeing this at the moment, i'm afraid

othmaar

Fledgling Freddie
I am L32/rr28 right now and the fastest way to level seems to be doing quests and scenarios solo/duo or grind PQs in a group. Been doing orvr all weekend and its great fun, but I get no XP for it and I want to be L40 dammit :p

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
why not defend the keep

main reason is that there is no gain in it apart from pride. In fact there is more to be gained from allowing a keep to be taken because once the enemy have gone you reclaim the keep and get a gold bag.

The worrying thing is that the answer is so simple why haven't they thought of it. All they have to do is give the defenders a reward role as soon as the door resets. Also as an added balance, reset the keeps to a neutral status once a week. This added with a dumbing down of scenario rewards would encourage more ORVR.

Zede

Part of the furniture
Playing in tier 2 chaos empire zone on Burlock last night I noticed a lot of chat on the /1 chanel so I joined in. The conversation was about how scenarios weren't popping despite us all being queued. I mentioned it was the lack of players on the order side due to the lack of appeal from the classes and was instantly ridiculed with the usual 'their classes are exactly the same as ours' bullshit.
Anyway after about 30mins of no scenarios I noticed BOs being taken in troll country. So put out in /1 during a conversation that had degraded into the usual geek chat 'BOs being taken in troll country lets form a wb'. I got no reply, no interest and the bollocks continued in chat. 'I followed with, come on guys you were talking about scenarios not popping a minute ago and now you've got a chance for some ORVR' to which I got 'Don't want ORVR, want scenarios'.

you got a server of wow kids, dats' for sure !

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie

If you form it (the warband), they will come :)

dee777

Loyal Freddie
main reason is that there is no gain in it apart from pride. In fact there is more to be gained from allowing a keep to be taken because once the enemy have gone you reclaim the keep and get a gold bag.

No, there is very much to gain. The best experience in WAR so far was just a couple of nights ago, when me and a AM guildie stopped a 3 group keep attack in Talabecland on our own. They were dumb enough not to go upstairs to the renown vendors to kill us or shoo us away. Instead they considered it a good idea to gather around on the balcony pad. Seems they wanted to pull the keep lord out. 2 knockbacks later the pad was empty and they went to look for sth else to do. At least one knockdown sent a few right into NPCs that then proceeded to finish a few off.

The feeling you get from those (rare) moments is worth much more than any gold bags in the game IMO.

The worrying thing is that the answer is so simple why haven't they thought of it. All they have to do is give the defenders a reward role as soon as the door resets. Also as an added balance, reset the keeps to a neutral status once a week. This added with a dumbing down of scenario rewards would encourage more ORVR.

Complete agreement on this one. Give defenders sth for defending apart from 100 xp and 100 renown every few minutes. However while at it, make defending more difficult, introduce a tier wide RvRchat for each tier and fix the doors. Please. :)

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I'm afraid, the only way they're going to fix this issue is probably give more RPS to people if they kill people in open RVR?, and maybe reduce the amount of loot they get from a keep raid, but would this be a problem, like when they released New Frontiers on DAOC? :m00:

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
A lot of people are waiting for the next patch and waiting to see if the various glaring imbalances are fixed.

Also, while a lot have gone back to WoW to enjoy the new content in WotLK, the content is proving very easy indeed and many are well on their way to completing it.

Once the lvl80 rep grind kicks in, combined with hopefully a decent amount of fixing done to WAR, we may see some old friends returning.

hibblet

Fledgling Freddie
the attitude from some leet lvl 40's is dropping as well,

get booted from a wb for not being above lvl 39, or some 1 in a sc says "what are all you lot doing in here, you are'nt allowed in this sc" etc etc

lol in the sc dist had like 2 lvl 40 rest were 32-37 on avg but we still ended losing cause loads spent more time whining in /sp than fighting

Lembit

Fledgling Freddie
I agree mate, nothing more fun than taking a keep with enemies auctally in it, but when we we're taking the main keeps, Destruction skipped on and took a BO, why not defend the keep, so it was a game of cat and mouse, but when we finally went a step ahead of them, and we all got inside a keep, Destruction came along and said "eek, I see other online players, I'm allergic" and ran off taking a BO, I'm not saying all Destruction players are like this of course, Order players might be doing the same thing, but its how i'm seeing this at the moment, i'm afraid

Goes both ways mate. Cant blame one side for not attacking a defended keep if your not also blaming the defender for not taking the fight out in the open aswell. This ofcourse implies only when the keep is heavily defended. Cant blame anyone really, why fight in a lagfest against an enemy behind walls when u can get easy renown with BO's, or if your lucky, get to fight em out in the open, were the lagfest is equal.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
the attitude from some leet lvl 40's is dropping as well,

get booted from a wb for not being above lvl 39, or some 1 in a sc says "what are all you lot doing in here, you are'nt allowed in this sc" etc etc

lol in the sc dist had like 2 lvl 40 rest were 32-37 on avg but we still ended losing cause loads spent more time whining in /sp than fighting

had someone bitching at me for joining a serpent's passage run at rank 28...

He was rank 32, obviously not realising that as soon as it's not OK to join at 28 it's not OK to join at any level below 40 ;)

(seemed to shut up after a while, probably because my gimp herder was out-damaging him :p)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Goes both ways mate. Cant blame one side for not attacking a defended keep if your not also blaming the defender for not taking the fight out in the open aswell. This ofcourse implies only when the keep is heavily defended. Cant blame anyone really, why fight in a lagfest against an enemy behind walls when u can get easy renown with BO's, or if your lucky, get to fight em out in the open, were the lagfest is equal.

I think keeps at the moment give too much of an advantage to the defender - we had 5 people inside a t3 keep, wiped what looked like a full warband with the help of the lord (they only had 2 healers mind you)

Toughen up the doors and reduce the power of the lords...

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I don't think they should reduce the power of the keep lords yet. There are still too many people bug abusing pulling them out of the keep. A few Order guilds were busy on our server over the weekend abusing the game mechanics like that.

While their at it, if Mythic could stop WLs sending their pets through doors that would be great too. Cheers.

Back on topic: I've not had much issues with player attitude on our server but then if I'm in a warband more often than not I or one of our allied guilds made it. Scenario PuGs can be amusing - whiners get a broadside if I think they're undermining our team spirit. We're also starting to get friends in other alliances and to know who to look out for when we want to make some action.

As said above, if you make a warband and get stuck in to making things work you can influence the behaviour by setting the example. People will come. If you behave decently to them, they'll come again. Lock down whiners and troublemakers fast, set a good tone and you're already halfway there to getting decent player attitude.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
If you gonna reduce Lord Power we gonna be back to the Late Night Raids, which isn't the best thing tbh.

othmaar

Fledgling Freddie
... Lock down whiners and troublemakers fast, set a good tone and you're already halfway there to getting decent player attitude.
Thx I need this reminder. I bitch and moan in scenarios a lot because I get a bit too involved sometimes ... not about levels or skills, but tactics in general. Too often do I see tanks and support tanks fleeing when they are low on health ... or holding back because there seems too be so many enemies and it ends up being one or two brave soldiers charging while the rest hesitate which ends in a route naturally. I want more aggressive playstyle ... on both sides really. More rps and xp all around :)

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Hehe, I don't equate someone with different ideas as a troublemaker. There's often more than one way to achieve things and I've learned a lot from what other people post on the various open channels.

I tend to be alert for undermining and people that are after personal glory rather than victory. For example, in Serpent's Passage you'll often see me trundling up and down with the salvage even though I basically get bugger-all for. I won't whine at others for not doing it.

"Locking down" doesn't necessarily mean shouting back at people. A gentle nudge often suffices. I just want to see people working together. I'm in this for the long game where we end up with a lot of people that cooperate over a long period of time. I often chug along, even when I'm not keen on the person leading. I see it as supporting the team. And sometimes despite personality issues that person may have some great ideas and tactics (the thinking kind, not the slotting kind).

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
had someone bitching at me for joining a serpent's passage run at rank 28...

He was rank 32, obviously not realising that as soon as it's not OK to join at 28 it's not OK to join at any level below 40 ;)

(seemed to shut up after a while, probably because my gimp herder was out-damaging him :p)

Got a similar thing recently in Nordenwatch.

Rolled a marauder for some lowbie fun, flagged, got in to Nordenwatch Scenario.

After a few minutes i warned a healer that he had run past 3 WH's and advised him to pan around a bit to look for them. Next thing i get is accusations that i should not join a scenario unless im able to contribute, this from a lvl 10 tank who i was outdamaging easily at level 2. He replies that he's a tank and calls me a few choice names too boot. When i point out that he's running around with a 2-hander out he gets a little riled and less than friendly.

Generally now i just turn all the communication channels off, which is really sad to have to do in an mmo :(

Aada

Part of the furniture
Got a similar thing recently in Nordenwatch.

Rolled a marauder for some lowbie fun, flagged, got in to Nordenwatch Scenario.

After a few minutes i warned a healer that he had run past 3 WH's and advised him to pan around a bit to look for them. Next thing i get is accusations that i should not join a scenario unless im able to contribute, this from a lvl 10 tank who i was outdamaging easily at level 2. He replies that he's a tank and calls me a few choice names too boot. When i point out that he's running around with a 2-hander out he gets a little riled and less than friendly.

Generally now i just turn all the communication channels off, which is really sad to have to do in an mmo :(

Lol it aint as if anyon talks in the sodding game mate, WAR has to be the 1 MMO i have played where it is void of anything remotely social apart from guilds.

Another thing that is ruining the game as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom