Play on US want to move to Euro - advice please

S

siden

Hi,

I play on the US servers and would like to make the move to the Euro ones, Excalibur to be precise. Do I have to purchase another copy of the game or is it possible to use my existing copy and just create another acccount?

I'm guessing another copy is needed as the european publishers wouldn't see any of the money.

Thanks for any help.

S

siden

lol - I'm tired of not being on my server when most of the action happens. Plus I love the idea of being on a server where most people are from the UK - not sure why :p

A

Arlone

If it wouldn't have been for my fellow guildmates, I would have traded with you in a sec :) Really want to try out mordred and get to play the expansion before year 2006.

But, i dunno... Hard to leave all friends and start over, alone, on the US-servers :(

A

Arlone

! grr...

nonono2.gif

:)

O

old.tRoG

as soon as i saw this subject i knew what the first reply would be...

don't.

am i right? yes :)

and no, you must buy a new copy (a euro copy) to play on the euro servers.

if you wanna lvl up with my lickle lvl 8 healer (soon to be lvl 9 :)) then give trubadur or quimm a pm (mid/excal)

Z

Zill

We shouldn't discouraged people in making the move to the Excalibur server. There's nothing wrong with the community just the slow patch updates. :rolleyes:

Sidan: You can purchase the UK Version of DAOC from here Gameplay.co.uk

S

SFXman

Arlone... the expansion will most likely not take that much longer to arrive here plus I would guess it brings up right up to date with the US servers if it is released very soon after...

K

Keri

Originally posted by old.tRoG
as soon as i saw this subject i knew what the first reply would be...

don't.

am i right? yes :)

and no, you must buy a new copy (a euro copy) to play on the euro servers.

What's the betting another reply was to offer to sell him a EU account?

P

- Pathfinder -

Originally posted by siden
lol - I'm tired of not being on my server when most of the action happens. Plus I love the idea of being on a server where most people are from the UK - not sure why :p

You're in for a suprise, then :p Not sure how things stand on Excalibur, but on Prydwen the Brittish are a minority :p

D

danskmacabre

When I first started playing DAOC, I had unknowingly bought a US version.
Which was a pain for me, as I wanted to play with some friends of mine in the UK.
So then I had to take back my US version and swap it for a EU version..

To be honest, I'm completely happy with the EU version, but then again, I've only been playing for a couple of months anyway.

F

Flimgoblin

We're also gonna be getting more events :) they don't get those on the US servers...

D

danskmacabre

Originally posted by Fingoniel
We're also gonna be getting more events :) they don't get those on the US servers...

Whaddya mean events?

L

Lydek

Arlone... the expansion will most likely not take that much longer to arrive here plus I would guess it brings up right up to date with the US servers if it is released very soon after...

lmao

Oh yeah, don't change from US to EU... thats just daft

O

old.Akirai

lol i would NEVER come back to the euro servers after playing usa.

Akira
Mordred & Morgan Le Fay

O

old.Prof

Honestly after the 1.45 debacle the difference between Mythic service and GOA service doesn't differ much, there has been some noticable improvement in GOAs service lately.

Patching to 1.48 went very neat, GOA now always nicely warns us on time when a server will go down for maintenance, few server stability problems, etc. The only sore tumb (and a serious one at that) is the fact we still lagg seriously behind on updates, but GOA is trying to fasten translating up (extra staff, test server), so one can only hope.

Until recently I had a USA account too, but I simply cancelled cause I was barely playing (and I had a few mid-lvl chars on it) - I found more friends more easely on the UK servers + the exciting stuff doesn't happen at 5 in the morning.

In the end friends and community matter more then the current patch number
:clap:

O

old.Kladen

go now! before its too late delete you barry world forum account get out of here! for the love of god, save yourself before its too late! noooooooooooo.................

S

skerit XP

Originally posted by Arlone
If it wouldn't have been for my fellow guildmates, I would have traded with you in a sec :) Really want to try out mordred and get to play the expansion before year 2006.

But, i dunno... Hard to leave all friends and start over, alone, on the US-servers :(

Ok, I'm quite sick about this.

You guys are looking everything wrong.
Mythic also needs time to make the patch, but you guys want it the day after mythic releases it. That's impossible.
They also worked long on it, but they get everything in pieces, we don't. I like it a lot more this way, then you can really see the changes.

O

old.LandShark

/cheer Prof

/pissOn Mordred
/pissOn 1.50 and see hidden
Longer they delay after 1.49, the better :p

/cheer Prof again

O

old.Breydel

Siden, just play on Morgan Le Fay, it's full of Europeans there.

Alternatives are Merlin, Lancelot, ... (just any server that has a lot of people on it when it's afternoon in weekends in Europe).

BTW Mordred sucks, it's nothing more than a gank fest server. It feels a lot more like Quake Deathmatch than a MMORPG if you ask me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom