plats on ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

necromania

Can't get enough of FH
maybe this topic have been ask 1000 times... but couldt find it here on FH . some of my ingame friends told me that its possible to buy plats on ebay.. i can find plats for sell on all other servers then excl and pryd .. so any chance someone could help me find the plat sellers for pryd ? and anyone know price of them .. ? ..... thx alot

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
LOL @ buying plats on ebay, why on earth would anyone want to, the game provides plenty of ways to make cash even for casual players.

necromania

Can't get enough of FH
well as i need 15P+ only got necro to farm with = IM VERY LAZEY :eek2:

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
To answer your question, you can buy plats on ebay but unlike other servers and countries there are no companies setup that provide this service 24/7 so you just have to watch the boards for people selling them privately.

DavidH

Part of the furniture
I know several people who buy from Ebay. (Not myself, only bought a few plats on US myself to get a toon started, which is like 1/3 of the price on EU ebay xD) and they usually pay like 20-30 quid for 15-20p. Insane prices, and like the guy over me said, its illegal on the GOA servers. If you wanna be a trader, then I suggest you roll on US :p

Imon

Fledgling Freddie
necromania said:

Yeah I heard necros was bad farmers :m00:

Here is a few other tips that you can use instead of paying real money for air or plats.

1 Buy icecream, it's almost summer!

2 Buy a few books and take a break from the farming

3 Buy a new pair of shoes and get out and take a walk

koxi

One of Freddy's beloved
Imon said:
Yeah I heard necros was bad farmers :m00:

Here is a few other tips that you can use instead of paying real money for air or plats.

1 Buy icecream, it's almost summer!

2 Buy a few books and take a break from the farming

3 Buy a new pair of shoes and get out and take a walk

hehe.. yea or pay someone to farm with your necro =)

Dukat

Resident Freddy
necromania said:

It doesnt take as long as you would think mate.

All you need to do it head to either DF, or a place that drops decent scrolls, get a cup of tea, put some music on, chat on /gu and just get into the rythme of killing the mobs. I've farmed 8plat in DF just with my pally, soloing dia mobs casually farming for only 2-3 hours at a time, after a few days you'll start to build up a fair amount :)

On the ebay side, I would advise against it. First its illegal, which people should really respect, secondly you could well get 'scammed'. eg. you pay the IRL money but when you come to collect your plats ingame you wont get them, and once this happens theres very little you can do.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
You should be able to farm 15p in a matter of hours with a necro really not worth buying plats online.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
DavidH said:
I know several people who buy from Ebay. (Not myself, only bought a few plats on US myself to get a toon started, which is like 1/3 of the price on EU ebay xD) and they usually pay like 20-30 quid for 15-20p. Insane prices, and like the guy over me said, its illegal on the GOA servers. If you wanna be a trader, then I suggest you roll on US :p

It's illegal on the US servers too - the only thing that is legal over there that's not over here is selling entire accounts.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Personally I don't think buying plats is a bad thing. It's no worse for the game economy than someone that can sit in DF for 12 hours a day is.

And before anyone goes - Well that would make people with more irl money more successful than the people who can't afford to buy them from ebay.

As if this isn't already the case!

You can't honestly say that Jo Bloggs with one account with one level 50 tank on can compete in game monetarily speaking with Jet McFlash with his four PCs and three accounts.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
I don't think its a bad thing, its just being lazy and paying for someone else to get you what you want, your paying for xxxx's time, you can find it in all walks of life.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
RS|Phil said:
Personally I don't think buying plats is a bad thing. It's no worse for the game economy than someone that can sit in DF for 12 hours a day is.

And before anyone goes - Well that would make people with more irl money more successful than the people who can't afford to buy them from ebay.

As if this isn't already the case!

You can't honestly say that Jo Bloggs with one account with one level 50 tank on can compete in game monetarily speaking with Jet McFlash with his four PCs and three accounts.

The reason it's bad isn't so much the buying as the selling. In some games, the best sites for getting good kit / money have been taken over by organised farmers, who keep everyone else out, whilst making money / getting items to sell on Ebay, and make their living out of it.

Imagine if you found all the diamond mobs in DF permacamped, as well as all the best artifact locations and scroll dropping ones, so that people can charge you real money for it ?

Darzil

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Darzil said:
Imagine if you found all the diamond mobs in DF permacamped, as well as all the best artifact locations and scroll dropping ones, so that people can charge you real money for it ?

Darzil

Reminds me of when there was 3000 people on excali at prime time ... ah those were the days..

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Darzil said:
The reason it's bad isn't so much the buying as the selling. In some games, the best sites for getting good kit / money have been taken over by organised farmers, who keep everyone else out, whilst making money / getting items to sell on Ebay, and make their living out of it.

Darzil

Fair point but that's just speculation on something that's not happening in our game (part from some artis of course) - so I'm still sticking to my original opinion.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
there is actually big money to be made at mmorpgs if you think about it 1 connection 2 or 3 computers max and you can run up to 6 accounts. Ok most farmers only need 1 buff bot 1 chanter/necro/sm

and they can farm practically anything thye want too, buying plats from ebay because you cant be bothered is basically a bit lazy imo :)

and also its the reason why the US has such a problem with certain full groups of characters called AAAAaaab AAAAaaac and so forth as in whole groups that move to the best spawn sites and just farm not just for say 2 or 3 hours

But for 24 hours 7 days a week they work in shifts they dont log off they dont invite all they do is farm encounters artifacts money drops.

They dont let you in they dont help the realm all they are therefore is to make money. Its aparantly what caused lineage 2 to fail was due to these profesional farmers.

Kittyfantastico

Fledgling Freddie
Awarkle said:
there is actually big money to be made at mmorpgs if you think about it 1 connection 2 or 3 computers max and you can run up to 6 accounts. Ok most farmers only need 1 buff bot 1 chanter/necro/sm

and they can farm practically anything thye want too, buying plats from ebay because you cant be bothered is basically a bit lazy imo :)

and also its the reason why the US has such a problem with certain full groups of characters called AAAAaaab AAAAaaac and so forth as in whole groups that move to the best spawn sites and just farm not just for say 2 or 3 hours

But for 24 hours 7 days a week they work in shifts they dont log off they dont invite all they do is farm encounters artifacts money drops.

They dont let you in they dont help the realm all they are therefore is to make money. Its aparantly what caused lineage 2 to fail was due to these profesional farmers.

That happens in every game where items can be traded or uploaded back in. Greed is prevasive, and while you can certainly legally stop people from selling items of copyright that belong to you. You can't legally stop people from buying what they want out of game time, or people legitimatley selling their time that they used to aqquire said items.

Even if they don't sell things for real money, you find overblown prices as people greedy for plat farm items. It's a bit of a bugger as normal players are between a rock and a hard place.

Greed...pah!!!, awful stuff...

Kitty

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Kittyfantastico said:
You can't legally stop people from buying what they want out of game time, or people legitimatley selling their time that they used to aqquire said items.
Just had to comment on this. You can't sell your time. You can only sell the product of your time. If you want a demonstration of this, turn up to work tomorrow and sit at your desk doing nothing at all. When your boss asks, tell him he's paying you for your time and that's all he's getting.

People are not selling the 'time spent to farm x plats' they are selling x plats and that is all they are selling no matter how they try and dress it up.
If you pay someone to powerlevel you by the hour, you don't pay him to sit there and do nothing for the hours you've paid for, you pay him to cast spells for you. If you hire a lawyer, he charges you for the time he spent writing a letter or being in court for you. You wouldn't pay him to sit in a coffee shop playing games on his laptop.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
GOA and Mythic would do well to look at Ultima Online. I'm not a EA fanboy but one thing that WAS good about them taking over from OSI was the introduction of advanced characters etc. You "buy" a prestarted mature character, it's not like /level it's far, far more. Granted they limit the amount you can customise the character but it does makes sense. As for some people real life time is far more important than trying to level that 8th or 9th level 50.

You can also buy ingame items, change your character name, transfer you char from one shard (server) to another and even have an account "officially" transfered by the company. Sure some people would hate this in DAOC, others though would actually see the benefit of it. Personally I don't think it's any worse than power leveling.

Kittyfantastico

Fledgling Freddie
People are not selling the 'time spent to farm x plats' they are selling x plats and that is all they are selling no matter how they try and dress it up.

Yes I whole heartedly agree with you, it is dressed up, but it is a legal technicality, and much legal jargon is full of such technicalities.

To say and believe that someone is actually selling an item and not the service they provide (Based on a time expense) is one thing but to be able to prove that this is the case is another. Not least because of the difficulty in quantifying one persons time compared to another.

Whether its moral or immoral, accepted, frowned upon or despised is all open to opinion.

Whether it should be stopped or can be stopped is a different question that could be debated for ages with no firm conclusion reached, no matter whether a person agrees with it or not. A question i'm sure the lawyers have spent many an hour moving backward and forward.

My original point wasnt intended to condem or condone the actions, merely to raise the point that in most walks of life these things find a way of happening due to the factor of the human condition wishing to make the fastest buck (or character).

Kittyfantastico

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Warky, yeh and if it was that bad (over here) I'd be very concerned. :D It's the yanks though, and it comes as no surprise their servers are full of people like that after some of the stories I've heard about people going US from this cummunity . Hehe.

Elvo^Rylu said:
Try reading the EULA that you have to accept when you play daoc.

I think people are confusing illegal with in violation of the CoC.

If it was downright illegal then ebay would no more allow the auctions and adversting than they would allow people to selll four ounces of smack on their site.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
To be perfectly honest i dont like ebayers who farm and sell, the whole point of dark age of camelot is ITS A GAME not a job.

It would be like asking soemone to log into counterstrike and head shoot people for you.

If you really dont like exping and you want to pay someone for help them buy a second account and power level yourself

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Elvo^Rylu said:
Try reading the EULA that you have to accept when you play daoc.
I still don't see why if it's not specifically written in the EULA? There is loopholes in everything..

nakkiel

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
If you want a demonstration of this, turn up to work tomorrow and sit at your desk doing nothing at all. When your boss asks, tell him he's paying you for your time and that's all he's getting.

do that everyday and still yet to hear a complaint :D

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
7. Sale

This EULA grants you a simple right to use all the components comprising the Expansion, and in particular all components included in the Expansion pack. Consequently, you may not sell, auction or in any way make available or surrender, free of charge or for a fee, any character from the Expansion, any object, any item or any component of the Expansion specifically protected by intellectual property rights.

All of the aforementioned actions, especially those performed via online auctions, forums or chat rooms, contravene the terms of this EULA. Over and above constituting a violation of the terms of this agreement, the sale of objects and/or items is detrimental to the Publisher's and the Expansion's image, for which we would be entitled to seek compensation from you.

Don't really see the loophole in that

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
RSPhil is right, the EULA is not the law. You can't go to prison for breaking the CoC. However the EULA is essentially a contract between you and us. If you break it then you give us permission to break it as well by terminating your account, suspending you etc.

Not every 'illegal' thing is in the CoC. Otherwise it would be a massive document and impossible to enforce. Instead there are general clauses which are open to interpretation and the appliance of common sense. This is the important bit of the CoC:

Code of Conduct said:
GOA reserves the right (at any time and without prior notice) to reduce access to or block an account temporarily or definitively if the user has not respected this Charter, has encouraged another user not to respect the Charter or has caused harm to the user community.

Basically anything that we judge detrimental to the game or the community, regardless of whether it has been specifically stated as being against the rules, is against the rules.

Darzil gave the exact reason that selling of ingame items is not allowed earlier. If there is money to be made in it (and if it was freely allowed, there would be), you'd see professional companies setting up on every popular artifact, in all the best cash farming spots and totally controlling the game economy. The only way to get a GoV would be to buy one from a commercial website, prices on all items on CMs would be astronomical and the only way to afford them would be to buy plats from the same companies that owned the CMs with the juicy items. At that point the game becomes unplayable for anyone who isn't prepared to flex their credit card for ingame stuff. That's not the kind of game I'd like to be playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom