Planning on going on Holiday

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
Hiya all

Just wondering has anyone been to Rome at all ?

I got plenty of time to plan things as we going there end of July time. We only plan on going for 1 week and was wondering if anyone has been and if they could suggest any site seeing we could do while we are over there.

Thanks in advance

Ezteq

Queen of OT
B2 went there before we met he said it was great, go see all the ancient buildings and stuff he loved those.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Been there several times.

1 week is perfect for your 1st visit. Be ready to walk a lot so dont forget your best comfy snikers (the 1st time i went there I brought my Puma and my feet needed another week to recover).

Places not to miss:

- Colisseum (duh!)
- Vatican and the vatican musseums (duh! one more time)
- Caracala baths
- the Forum (my favourite place)
- Campidoglio square
- Fontana di Trevi
- The Pantheon
- Vittorio Manuele monument
- Navona square
- Castle Sant Angelo
- and the Popolo square, the Spagna sqaure and all the streets around (the most expensive of all them, where all the "luxury" shops are)

But the best advice is just walk. Walk. Walk and walk from one place to another. Rome is a relative small city (when compared with other capitals such as Paris or London), it only have 2 metro lines, and the interesting places (besides the catacombs) are all placed in the core of the city. By walking you will see amazing stuff hidden in the less transitable street (like statues, small pretty squares, etc...)

As for food, avoid all the places dedicated to tourists around the key monuments. Its much more better to walk 3 or 4 streets away from those places, there you will find small restaurants with amazing food. But be weary, the language might eb a problem there, at least in my experience. None of the "old" folk speaks english and I had to use a mix of spanish+french+italian to communicate.

Amazing city. One of my favourites w/o a doubt. Oh! And very romantic aswell :p

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
Love the nightlife as well. Hooked up with crazy american chick there 2 summers ago. Good times :D

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
Been there several times.

1 week is perfect for your 1st visit. Be ready to walk a lot so dont forget your best comfy snikers (the 1st time i went there I brought my Puma and my feet needed another week to recover).

Places not to miss:

- Colisseum (duh!)
- Vatican and the vatican musseums (duh! one more time)
- Caracala baths
- the Forum (my favourite place)
- Campidoglio square
- Fontana di Trevi
- The Pantheon
- Vittorio Manuele monument
- Navona square
- Castle Sant Angelo
- and the Popolo square, the Spagna sqaure and all the streets around (the most expensive of all them, where all the "luxury" shops are)

But the best advice is just walk. Walk. Walk and walk from one place to another. Rome is a relative small city (when compared with other capitals such as Paris or London), it only have 2 metro lines, and the interesting places (besides the catacombs) are all placed in the core of the city. By walking you will see amazing stuff hidden in the less transitable street (like statues, small pretty squares, etc...)

As for food, avoid all the places dedicated to tourists around the key monuments. Its much more better to walk 3 or 4 streets away from those places, there you will find small restaurants with amazing food. But be weary, the language might eb a problem there, at least in my experience. None of the "old" folk speaks english and I had to use a mix of spanish+french+italian to communicate.

Amazing city. One of my favourites w/o a doubt. Oh! And very romantic aswell :p

Thanks alot much appriciated... Its our first holiday together and I wanted it to be a special first holiday really :) again thanks alot of info there

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom