Planetside

T

timbro

heard alot about this game and i cant get into beta, jst wondered if the ND is removed now its open?? if so somone in Beta post here with how good it is plse :)

A

Alrindel

Yes, the NDA is lifted - expect to see a lot of people talking about Planetside from now until release.

If you enjoyed games like Tribes and/or Team Fortress, you will like Planetside a lot.

F

fatgit

Planetside is excellent if you like games such as Tribes 1/2 etc.

It's not a traditional MMORPG, theres no PvE, no NPCs, no economy, no quests, it's pure FPS with a similar gameplay style to Tribes 1/2 Capture & Hold.

The graphics are pretty good - nothing spectacular, but that helps the framecount in large battles.

The sounds are excellent, stomping along as a MAX, you feel as though you're ED-209 (I think :p) from Robocop.

Animation wise, everything has an animation, right down to crawling inside the small hatches on the tanks.

Battles can last for hours - I was taking part in a battle to capture Itan, we were yo-yo'ing the base between us (TR) & NC for about 4 hours before I logged, I logged back in 3 hours later, and it was still going on :)

If you like futuristic FPS games, you will love Planetside

T

timbro

hmm if u jst happend to leave ure password around where i cud find it lol and accidentlly left a cd in an envelope which had periviosuly addressed to me they cudnt moan cud they??
GIMME BETA DAMMNIT

F

fatgit

:p

Besides, I was a download'er - took 36 hours to dl & patch to current version in total :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom