Planetside!

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Looks pretty nice. MMO Halo in a persistent world. Shall be giving that one a try, I think.

A bit iff-topic, though :)

R

Roalith

I've been trying to join the beta for the last 4 months :(

V

vestax

imo.. it takes Daoc rvr to the next level..

It will all be about teamplay :)

O

old.Isos

Ive been trying for ages to get in to beta, got all exited when I saw the post about open beta

I hate them.... then they decide they wont let anyone else in that inst from USA, canada and the UK
feel good that they totaly ignored the rest of the world, but got someone from the UK to sign up for beta for me =)
but I guess its already to late :( :(

V

vestax

Its released in may and im already planning a guild/clan :p

O

old.Isos

so do you think they will have the same releaseday here in europe as in the USA?

F

fatgit

Ubisoft are evidently handling european distribution, and currently have the release as 19th May, same as the US.

Personally, I can't see how they can make this deadline with the current bugs, unless they fix em pretty fast :eek:

D

Draigo

Yayyy :clap: finally a game (or not ) all the BarryWhiners can go off and play, that WANT DAoC to be a TvT game, wake up it was never meant to be a group v group game and if you read the blurb on Planetside neither is that .

DAoC if you had not realised after all this time is about RvR

Entry: realm
Function: noun
Definition: area
Synonyms: branch, compass, country, department, dimension, domain, dominion, empire, expanse, extent, field, ground, kingdom, land, monarchy, neighborhood, orbit, place, principality, province, purview, radius, range, reach, region, scope, sphere, state, stomping grounds, sweep, territory, turf, world, zone
Concept: location entity

Dont see Team or 1fg in there:rolleyes:

ps

there is a game out called CounterStrike which might appeal more

F

fatgit

Try getting Battle Ranks and Command Ranks in Planetside solo.... You might make BR 10 in a year, but you sure as hell wont make CR 2, you HAVE to group in squads, AND lead the squads, to gain Command Ranks.
More BR's in PS don't make you uber and impossible to kill, they simply allow you to diversify so you can play different roles. CR's allow you access to many more command tools, such as - at later levels - calling in air strikes, or having a larger radius of enemy detection on the radar view.

Sure, you can go play it solo, but the main draw of MMORG's is playing with other people, and using tactics, rather than just zergs.
If you want to get the great XP for capturing a base, you NEED an advanced hacker in your squad. If you want to play MAX (heavy armour) and want to be able to ride in a vehicle, you need a driver with certs for Galaxy/Sunderer etc, or it's a nice run for you.

If I wanted to play cheaterstrike, I'd have surrendered my braincells (which you obviously did), grabbed my wallhacks & gone off ages ago.

And Realm vs Realm doesn't mean every bloody member of each realm trying to kill each other at one MG.
You may win a battle by zerging, but you do no not win the war.
Take the Gulf War, many smaller battlefronts spread out = victory. If they'd stuck every soldier in Basra and camped it waiting for the Republican Guard to show up, they'd still be there.

edit: removed something about how typical it is to see a LoE member try to justify 3+fg zerging

O

old.Dillinja

That game looks excellent, Bye-bye daoc, roll-on planetside!!!

O

old.Spear

Didn't get in the beta either :-(

Oi Fatgit let me use your account to see what its like :eek:)

F

fatgit

ello spear :p

Afraid the 2 spare keys I had have been given out already :m00:

Oh, and my favourite class gets a nerf tonight vs infantry , which seams odd as it sucks vs infantry already :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom