Planetside 2 PRE-load?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
bollocks just bought 2000 station points and missclicked >< got 4000 now

Poag

m00?
Doh.

buy a zebra skin for your vehicles :) so you look totally banging while mowing people down.

Saw a zebra skinned magrider yday..looked pretty pimp.

Athan

Resident Freddy
Pffft, stop buying SC until they make unlocks at least faction-wide (all servers), if not account-wide.

opticle

Part of the furniture
Pffft, stop buying SC until they make unlocks at least faction-wide (all servers), if not account-wide.

What.. so you buy content and you can only use it on one character on one server ?

If so, ghey ! :rolleyes:

opticle

Part of the furniture
I would make a joke referring to a certain ?religious group often stereotyped as being evil money hoarding swine were I so inclined.

That's ridiculous.

So I spent roughly fifty dollars on a single character? Ridiculous. Five dollars for a single texture for just my armor, let alone the same texture for weapons and vehicles as well,

opticle

Part of the furniture
I deleted my first Soldier on which I had already bought some cosmetic stuff earlier to switch servers. I played on Woodman, which basically was crash-hell, so I had enough. I basically lost all that stuff without warnings anywhere.

That's pretty amateurish/cynical/pathetic design work tbh. Especially as we're talking about textures ffs.

I can't believe people are paying $5 for armour texture texture, $5 for weapon texture, $5 for new vehicle texture etc.

Last edited:

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
i cant believe people are crying like babies once again

1- It says its per char, read the info you are given
2- Its entirely optional
3-Its paying for the servers
4-Its really not that much
5-You can buy an infinite supply of vehicle/gun/armour paint for one char for £5 ish, hardly a lot
6-You can buy a permament gun for a char for about £7, which is -NOTHING- in the F2P market

people need to clue up and shut up <3

Athan

Resident Freddy
The issue, for many, is more that if you have good reason to move servers (say because Miller is slammed with queues in prime time, or it turns out friends are on another, or your outfit decides to move) you'll lose all the unlocks as there's no character transfer at all currently.

Some of the complaints could be addressed by implementation of either a straight-up character transfer or possibly refunding all items/SC if you delete a character (as you could then delete, losing battle rank, and remake on another server, applying the bought stuff there).

I'm also of the opinion that SOE may well make more money if they made such account-wide such that a lot more people felt comfortable buying. Long tail.

Mabs

or have a clue, and dont blow $$$$ before you know where you will be playing, jesus, its not hard

opticle

Part of the furniture
I don't think people necessarily plan their gaming experiences out as thoroughly as others appear to expect ^^. Not everyone is a serious +++ gamer.

Why the fuck can't you transfer your character and purchases to another server ? E.g. if the server tanks or to join friends. Not having that option, especially when there is character specific paid content, is retarded design in a game that encourages social / team play.

Also, losing your purchases (and money) if you delete your character - I'm sorry, but whatever you say to defend it, that's retarded.

Fair enough people should read the info, but if they want people to encourage lots of people to play, make purchases and keep on doing so to support their F2P game, they should fix it - it's just sensible design.

opticle

Part of the furniture
But I don't even play this game so I'm going to shut up :)

- But if I do, I'm sure as shit not paying for retarded aesthetic content. :X3:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
or have a clue, and dont blow $$$$ before you know where you will be playing, jesus, its not hard

Nah, it's shit.

People like to change their minds. They meet different groups of friends. Yaddayaddayadda.

It's just *shit*.

Mabs

Nah, it's shit.

People like to change their minds. They meet different groups of friends. Yaddayaddayadda.

It's just *shit*.

if you arent "serious +++ gamer" then why not wait a day or 2 and find out what your mates are doing ?
really dont see the problem

if you want to rush into something without checking first, thats your fault

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
why not wait a day or 2 and find out what your mates are doing ?

Because maybe my mates might join another server with some friends, then I go "oh, you're playing! cool - what server?"

"Oh, well, I CAN'T JOIN YOU FOR FUN AND GAMES WITHOUT HAVING TO RE-BUY FUCKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE OF SOE CUNTS"

Kapiche?

Mabs

so decide which set of mates you want to play with ? ;p
or ask them before you start ?! :O
z0gm

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
so restrict which set of mates to play with...
...and make sure you've made all your friends before you start and don't add new ones

z0mg I'll bend over and take poor treatment from anyone and never complain!

Fixed m8 :)

opticle

Part of the furniture
How many gamers do you know that thoroughly research every aspect of a game when they start playing it ? And how many think.. Oh I like this game, hang on I'LL WAIT THREE WEEKS FOR MY MATES TO PICK IT UP AND IMMEDIATELY NOTIFY ME OF ALL THEIR DECISIONS.

Also, some of the above is so retarded, as clearly evidenced by the complaints, that lots of right-minded people would assume that the devs obviously wouldn't design it that way BECAUSE ITS STUPID.

:)

Mabs

How many gamers do you know that thoroughly research every aspect of a game when they start playing it ? And how many think.. Oh I like this game, hang on I'LL WAIT THREE WEEKS FOR MY MATES TO PICK IT UP AND IMMEDIATELY NOTIFY ME OF ALL THEIR DECISIONS.

Also, some of the above is so retarded, as clearly evidenced by the complaints, that lots of right-minded people would assume that the devs obviously wouldn't design it that way BECAUSE ITS STUPID.

:)

really ? grow up

how hard is it to ask your friends if they intend to play ? if they say yes, then play with them, when they play

wow, thats fucking rocket science

also, bitching about a few quids worth of stuff in a F2P game is a little on the really sad side

opticle

Part of the furniture
Meh, I really don't care but it's still bad design - that's all I'm saying, and all the people complaining supports that. Your example is really oversimplifying things. :)

I'm not sure where I need to "grow up" here.. (1) I was just joking around and (2) that response to what I said makes no sense at all.

You clearly care far more in the opposite direction - fair enough, I'm not going to start calling people sad.. have fun (y)

Last edited:

opticle

Part of the furniture
You honestly don't need to fanboy already, just admit that its a bit silly and move on :giggle:

*plays with fire*

*hides*

Edit: That was a joke.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Well aftering playing it for a few days

Terran Republic - Zerging fuckers (albs)
Vanu - General annoyance / always hit you in the back (hibs)
NC - Fucking lemmings that get the job done providing they arent outnumbered 10/1 *cough* TERRAN *cough* (mids)

/discuss

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
seems the lag has set in, 2-3 second lag on woodman now, its fucking horrendous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom