planes....

Ormorof

FH is my second home
mmmmm was on a flight yesterday coming into gatwick late at night... we were looking out of the window and seemed to circle what we guessed was portsmouth about 3-4 times... then the wheels came out (while circling portsmouth) and about half an hour later we landed....

then the pilot announces "Ladies and Gentlemen. We are sorry for the slight delay on this flight, this is due to a guidance system failure and we were unsure how to guide the plane to gatwick airport..."

i mean wtf! these pilots dont know how to steer the damn plane? :p

didnt help my mate i was sitting next to is terrified of flying and was panicking at every shake and squeak :(

anyone else had anything like this happen?

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Ormorof said:
mmmmm was on a flight yesterday coming into gatwick late at night... we were looking out of the window and seemed to circle what we guessed was portsmouth about 3-4 times... then the wheels came out (while circling portsmouth) and about half an hour later we landed....

then the pilot announces "Ladies and Gentlemen. We are sorry for the slight delay on this flight, this is due to a guidance system failure and we were unsure how to guide the plane to gatwick airport..."

didnt help my mate i was sitting next to is terrified of flying and was panicking at every shake and squeak :(

A plane i was supposed to be going on was delayed as it was a technical fault, They then explained to us the engine wouldnt have lasted the trip etc.

Imagine how we felt getting on the replacement plane :e

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
I get this message every time i get on a plane and i tell you this its my worst nightmare.

"LADIES AND GENTLMAN WE WILL NOW BE SERVING FOOD" plane food makes me sick.

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Infanity said:
A plane i was supposed to be going on was delayed as it was a technical fault, They then explained to us the engine wouldnt have lasted the trip etc.

Imagine how we felt getting on the replacement plane :e

Ah yes, but what if they had said... "this type of thing happens all the time" :eek7:

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
Ormorof said:

ye they can fly the plane, make it go where they need it to.

but without info coming into the plane about other planes in the sky, the exact path to take etc there is no way to know where to guide the plane too.

bearing in mind its dark, and erm, well ye.

the pilots arnt psychic. without info where to go then they dont know where to go :p

Amildin

Can't get enough of FH
tris- said:
ye they can fly the plane, make it go where they need it to.

but without info coming into the plane about other planes in the sky, the exact path to take etc there is no way to know where to guide the plane too.

bearing in mind its dark, and erm, well ye.

the pilots arnt psychic. without info where to go then they dont know where to go :p

Should turn their full beams on :(

On my flight back from boer land we had an emergency landing due to an engine blowing, fun stuff :fluffle:

Delket

One of Freddy's beloved
Theres other ways to control the plane, however they carry an excess of fuel which means its likely safer to circle a bit while they sort whatever minor problem that have rather than have an inexperienced pilot fly you into a hillside.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Ormorof said:

I had it flying to spain stayed over the sea because it had not been told what flight path of something. i dont think the captins know how to navigate without gps of sorts. Prolly just plot thier course see a blip and aim at it.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
i dont think its anything to do with knowing how to fly it.

more like without a guidance system telling them where to go, what altitude to be at etc. they are likely to have a collision with another plane.

lilmissnaughty

Fledgling Freddie
tbh i would rather they hold for a bit rather then fly blind an smash into another plane cos they strayed into its flightpath:Dbit difficult to swerve at 500mph;)

heh remember this one time i was on a cheap flight to denmark an had to switch planes in frankfurt.
the plane they had us get in looked like it was from the 1950s n covered in rust patches.it actually had bloody propellers on the wings, was half expecting some bloke to come out an give em a spin to get us started:p

Lagas

Fledgling Freddie
on a plane trip from rome -> back home to denmark, we had a captain announcing just before we took off, " hello and welcom on this bla bla bla my name is...." 10-15 sec brake " thomas something

dint really feel too comforting that the pilot couldnt remember his own name

Dukat

Resident Freddy
I know a bit about flying, I'd say that having a guidance failure (as in total loss) would be a very very serious situation.

The areas around major airports are crammed full of planes circling, landing, taking off and passing through, they're all in roughly the same areas because of the standard 'air lanes' that are used, eg. certain altitudes and paths, so much so that going near an airport without guidance would be like playing russian roullette.

Circling would be bad enough, I would imagine they radioed ATC and got them to route other planes out of the way or whatever, but a blind plane is kinda dodgy tbh :eek:

glad to hear you're down in one peice :D a group of mates from my college went out to romainia for some strange reason, the plane they were on lost the nose landing gear shortly after take off or something, think they tried to land it on the landing gears 'leg' without the wheel in the end, still pretty fucked up when that happens though! think I'd rather grab the nearest 'chute and jump :D

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
DocWolfe said:
do comercial airlines actually have parachutes?

Doc has never been on a plane, the government revoked his passport due to the fact that his body odour is classed as a highly toxic substance...

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
DocWolfe said:
do comercial airlines actually have parachutes?

Nope, just life jackets

I was on a small BA flight going to Ireland for work, as we were sat on the run way with the engines powering up to full blast... an airport fire truck sped past with its sirens and lights blaring.

eek

Himse

FH is my second home
With planes nowdays, you dont actually need a person to fly them. Autopilot for the win.

It can actually take off and land, etc on its own

although i bet many people wouldnt trust a computer xd:flame:

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Delket said:
Theres other ways to control the plane, however they carry an excess of fuel which means its likely safer to circle a bit while they sort whatever minor problem that have rather than have an inexperienced pilot fly you into a hillside.

We'd all still blame Dewwic if that happened :<

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Vladamir said:
We'd all still blame Dewwic if that happened :<

Derric is currently being held at Guantanamo Bay by the United States government on charges of 'not pwning enough'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom