Plan For Wednesday (patch Day)

O

old.Trine Aquavit

De-nerf GOA's UK PR!

I can't believe that GOA are content to throw away potential customers like they do. Not one decent preview or review of SI in the UK press prior to release. Only add I saw was the PC Gamer one with the killer tag-line "completely translated in French". Boy they know how to market a game. Muppets.

A

Apathy

Erm...the German servers usually have around 7k people on with two servers 2000+ most of the time.

There just isn't any NEED for a third English server. :p Who'd use it? The Exc people who already have a Hib/Pryd chanter and want to try something else they recently got owned by?

a.

O

old.moriath

Originally posted by old.Trine Aquavit
De-nerf GOA's UK PR!

I can't believe that GOA are content to throw away potential customers like they do. Not one decent preview or review of SI in the UK press prior to release. Only add I saw was the PC Gamer one with the killer tag-line "completely translated in French". Boy they know how to market a game. Muppets.

PCZONE had a 2 min video on a CD on the cover and an ad inside

So it was more than just gamer

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Well... I got my copy of SI today - but I am still confused... will the new SI areas/races be available tomorrow - on our servers?

*feels insecure* :(

S

Sarum TheBlack

GOA's UK PR has always been almost non existent.. was the same before release this time last year... PCGamer had a couple of articles, and that was it.. no adverts, no stands in the shops, no posters no nothing... unlike EQ where you can't move in a games shop for life size cardboard cutouts and stuff near the release of an expansion.

A

agraucred

for me i dont find adverts help a game at all. movies tend to (Rome: Total War, OMG!!!), but the main thing is just magazine coverage, if i see a "comming soon" type thing followed by previews then reviews and looks my kinda game ill follow it, other wise ill pay no attention at all. still, some kind of preview material could have been sent out, aswell as review (EQ addons always get preview and review coverage)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Alrindel
Yes they will, you win teh prize!

I blame Octanion... he made me feel all insecure.

Shame... shame on him. :(

S

Sarum TheBlack

I don't buy games based on cardboard cut-outs either.. but it does help general awareness (in the non PC game magazine subscribing general public) when there's a poster/whatever in the shop windows. EQ floods the market place with ads and reviews, free months and other promo stuff near a release, and because of this, almost everyone has heard of it.. very few people in the UK have heard of DAoC.

A

agraucred

yeah, point taken, the genral awareness of the game in the uk is piss poor. if someone asks what games im into the usual response is "Camelot Age? So whats that one then?"

edit: to add to that, pc gamer have probably done goa more favours than there uk pr, they have it down as second best online game, and at release they did a small DAoC diary in the net section, but that only lasted about 2 months

S

Sarum TheBlack

Yeah they did... but then they got cheesed off (about the same time everyone else did) and featured a nasty article in the net section about how crap GOA's administration of the game was.

GOA improved a fair bit not long after that...

R

Roo Stercogburn

I'm kinda dreading all the names for bonedancers people are going to make. We're going to have variations on Fybia, Tybia, Cartilege, Boner, Boney, Bonehead, Boneybutt, McCoy, Private, etc.

Looking forward to much lame humour.

And of course, I thoroughly intend to have a suitably cheesey name for mine too :D

G

ghostspawn

1.56 release note:

The zone loading bar has been moved to not interfere with pretty loading screens

/chuckle

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom