places to get cheap books?

haggered

Loyal Freddie
hello,

i was just wondering where people get cheap books. i tried charity shops, they have some stuff but, with alot of fantasy which i read being in series its hard to get a complete series in order.

ive also tried amazon but with post and packaging it ends up not very cheap.

just wondering.

thankyou.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Charity shops is the place I get most of my cheap books.
Local libraries also sell old books now and then, and car boot sales can yield some real trasures.

You might be able to get some cheap books on eBay too, but you will have to pay shipping.

I tend to get the ones I can cheaply, and then plug the gap with books from Amazon.... don't discount the used books part of Amazon, some real cheap gems there.

pcg79

One of Freddy's beloved
yeah i get lots of books used/new from amazon marketplace. i picked up man and boy for 25p.. but then they slapped on about £2.50 worth of delivery charges ;(

JBP|

Part of the furniture
car boot sales are allways a good place to look for books

Shocko

Fledgling Freddie
Second hand bookshops!!

I bought a couple of books from one a week or two. Whilst i was there, i realised that the woman in the shop was browsing the net... Imagine, she's there all day, 6days a week, hardly anyone in there, free to do whatever she wants on the web. Perfect job for some of the forum adicts here :) Can't imagine there's much profit in it though.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
go to the library and dont take the books back.

failing that, if theres an Oxfam book and music shop in your town, go there.

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
Shocko said:
Second hand bookshops!!

I bought a couple of books from one a week or two. Whilst i was there, i realised that the woman in the shop was browsing the net... Imagine, she's there all day, 6days a week, hardly anyone in there, free to do whatever she wants on the web. Perfect job for some of the forum adicts here :) Can't imagine there's much profit in it though.

Perfect job for when you're old and can't move :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom