Pl

nemonyos

Fledgling Freddie
hi all..

i am looking for someone to PL me ingame. i hope not i am sounding too stupid cos its not like i dont wanna play the game but i dont have the time to lvl my char. i hope that you guys dont think that i am that kinda guy that just gets PL all way through the game cos i am not.

so if someone is interested plz post it in this thread. also you can feel free to say your oppinion of PL.

-Nemonyos Shadowcleaver.

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
Hmm, you don't have time to play the game, but you want a power level? When will you have time to play your newly power levelled character if you don't have time to play the game?

[QUOTE='Shy]Hmm, you don't have time to play the game, but you want a power level? When will you have time to play your newly power levelled character if you don't have time to play the game?[/QUOTE]

hehe shy its a lot more fun to potter about with a lvl 50 char for a few hours a week than it is a lvl 33 or whatever... wish i could be bothered to get someone to PL one of my alts...just cba to sit there doing nothing..

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
I'll take you back. Way back. Back to the beginning of DAoC. Before Trials of Atlantis, before Shrouded Isles, before Spellcrafting and Alchemy, before Darkness Falls, even before Dartmoor existed. It was actually fun to level a character, explore new lands, meet new peoples. The best time I ever had was with a group of level 7 and 8's (when I played on US servers) and we went swimming down the river by the goblin hut behind Humberton Village and got eaten alive by river goblins. I bet some of you don't even know where that is..

And spending time wandering around Camelot. It's like a ghost town these days. You go there to visit your trainer when it's time to do epic quests, or prehaps you don't ever go there at all, since you have 5 other level 50 alts with legendary in every craft and uber Sidi or spellcrafted gear, or by now prolly have a full set of that posh new ToA shit waiting for you once you've been power levelled to 50 by your Necro on your other account.

Anyways, rant over :)

Bullitt

One of Freddy's beloved
It's all so true, i'm amazed at my own knowledge of albion lands. All back in the day when i couldn't give two shits about getting level 50 the fastest and just played the game, explored a bit and did some quests and READ the stories.

I also practically became a new best friend of a guildie for giving me 5g when i was a wee lvl 12 armsman in ludlow.

Wiro

Fledgling Freddie
Seriously, after 2 years of exploring lands you don't want that stuff anymore and just want to play rvr with a lvl50 toon :p

AtomicBattleHamster

Fledgling Freddie
[QUOTE='Shy] we went swimming down the river by the goblin hut behind Humberton Village and got eaten alive by river goblins. I bet some of you don't even know where that is..

[/QUOTE]

Remember the Goblin zerg that would rush you along that river bank, near the huts ? :p

But back on topic, I see nothing wrong with someone asking to be PL'd. It can go one of two ways; either it falls on deaf ears or someone can help. Regardless of the ethics behind it, this is a good-a-place as any to ask.

PS. I wont PL you, Im far too lazy :m00:

dimerian

Fledgling Freddie
Randomgroups nowadays are for sure alot more horrifying than in old days :D
No wonder this kind of threads have increased :touch:

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Aint got no problem with people asking for a PL, but I think its a dumb question tbh we already got enough fools running around not knowing how to play there chars. And PL'ing is making alot harder for the players that are levelling up for the first time. Pepole that by the time they are 50 will no doubt have a better understanding of their character than some power levelled Fool!!!

Silmarwen

Fledgling Freddie
No... it was shit to lvl since the beta, we just had no other option :D

nemonyos

Fledgling Freddie
yeah but i am lvl 23 now and have played the game a couple of years back so i have tried all that fun you all talk about :=) now i just want a high lvl char that i can log on sometimes and play some rvr with friends :=).

btw i dont have 100gp to give anyone per lvl :(

i can understand if you guys wont do it. but if someone will plz tell me :=)

thx for all of your replies, plz keep em coming :m00:

mothface

Fledgling Freddie
Nemo, I have group with you a couple of times and I believe we are in the same guild.

About pling I think a lot of people are resorting to it because it’s more difficult to find groups like dim said. I don’t agree with pling if it’s a first time char, imo you’re better off learning the game and your realm. You won’t value your lvl 50 char as much as you would if you worked really hard to get him to 50 yourself, people who get pl’d are missing out on a big part of the game.

I got sick of hib because of the amount of pling that went on, it was impossible to make friends because by the time you came back to your char you find out your buddy who you group with yesterday has been pl’d and is to high for you now. And most guilds I tried seemed to offer was “we will pl you” (didn’t try all the guilds though) which makes no sense, all I really want is a regular group of people around my lvl to group with etc.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
tbh i remember when i started to play daoc (xmas 2002), i spent half my time just running around exploring the lands, i spent ages duoing with a guild m8 in camp. forest, ran to llyn barfog, ran all the way down to cornwall from there because i couldnt afford a horse ticket lol, grping and xping then was a good laugh, but just recently lvling chars seems to have moved from being fun to being a chore :( AC is still a good laugh (atleast for me) but barrows is hell atm, lots of grps who dont know the first thing about thier chars, keltoi is full of ppl arguing over who's camping the ant room, catacombs isnt that bad but its no where near as fun as it was when i first got there.

i dont think this is just due to TOA but it seems to have been happening anyway, ppl dont have the pateince to have fun anymore, they just wanna get to 50 asap and go to emain.

i remember just recently in AC i was in a grp with a lvl 22 char and a 44 necro, the necro had started a grp, eventually a 47 pally joined, he stayed for a while, then suddenly started moaning about how the 22 char was leeching, i told him to chill, that the Grp leader was the person who had the final say and that if they didnt like it, they should leave, the person then started getting ratty, went silent a moment then left and took thier guild m8 with them. to me any xp is good xp, i like having a good laugh while lvling my char as opposed to getting xp and not enjoying it.

i can see why someone would want to pl a char to 50 nowadays, the amount of nasty 'l33t' players going around who leave the second xp gets slow is too high. in AC now about 40-50% of the ppl in there are either PL'ing or getting PL'd. i my self have got PL'd a fair bit by guildmates with my scout, simply because not enough ppl will take a scout in their grp because a scout isnt considered the best char for grps.

its a shame tbh

Drav

Loyal Freddie
AC should be flushed into the ocean like the turd city it is, so glad I dont have to go there ever again...

Oh and Duky dont expect sympathy from me now your scout is on his way to 50 and soon to be the FOTM in emain ;)

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Drav said:
AC should be flushed into the ocean like the turd city it is, so glad I dont have to go there ever again...

Oh and Duky dont expect sympathy from me now your scout is on his way to 50 and soon to be the FOTM in emain

lol scouts FOTM :D go scouts! :D still, it'll take the ickle FOTM's a while to lvl up to 50 so by the time they get to emain i'll be a high RR

my scout wasnt /level'd, i know how to play him :D i can pwn once i get to emain. almost got a kill outside surs the otherday :D leech4tehwin!

tallwiz

Fledgling Freddie
touchee.
same goes for the peeps that buy accounts with 50's or lgm crafters, then start asking how you do this, how you do that after bragging for a week what they just got.......
if you cant lvl a char yourself, why play the game?
out of the 4 50's i have, i gotta admit i pl'd the ass off the cleric bb.
but you wanna know whats funny? i dont use him as a bb very often, less than once a week tbh, hes an lgm armourer...thats it.
:drink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom