pissed off with my wiz

Tombha

Fledgling Freddie
ok my wizard is 45 now.. and is starting to annoy me ALOT.. anyone got any tips tricks on how to lvl up the last 5 lvls... downtime is killing me, and when qc is down the mobs are killing me... annoying dieing to a bluecon add... and highly frustrating.. what should i do? start over again on a new char at lvl 1. (no /level 20), or?

kurios

Loyal Freddie
Tombha said:
ok my wizard is 45 now.. and is starting to annoy me ALOT.. anyone got any tips tricks on how to lvl up the last 5 lvls... downtime is killing me, and when qc is down the mobs are killing me... annoying dieing to a bluecon add... and highly frustrating.. what should i do? start over again on a new char at lvl 1. (no /level 20), or?

If you are fire spec go to a spot where the mobs do not baf if soloing. If you solo and get a add just freeze it, freeze both mobs, take distance to nuke them both or take a sprint into savety. Regardless of spec, at lvl45 you can join groups in Avalon City and you can start the SI, ToA and Catacombs quests at this level. Icewizards are more wanted in AC so you can consider a respec if you are fire.

Kurios

leviathane

Part of the furniture
groups in avalon city? what are they :) only pl groups these days i thought.
/edit and in regards to original post, if you have catacombs try doing the td's, root when get to close then back off n nuke again.

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
aye, by speccing ice you'll find yourself a lot more charming for groups.. if you insist staying fire, try and find a duo partner, basically any tank will do, you both will be better than on your own. try using guild/alliance chat, or perhaps even /send the lvl 44-46 armsmen, merc, friar, pally..

good luck.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
It often doesn't seem that obvious to people until they actually know about it but the simple answer if your struggling to level is to join raids.

At level 45 you can join arti/ML raids easily. Not only will you ensure you have these done when you reach level 50 negating the i've got 50 and now need to ToA myself complaints, but the exp you can get off them often isn't bad. Turn up slightly early and start your own group from people that look like they arn't planning on being AFK. Before you know it you'll have 7 level 50 chars mashing mobs to death giving you exp.
It's a good way to get to know people in game as well, run into a level 45 tank + cleric on a raid and before you know it you'll have a fast leveling group setup for afterwards.

It's a multi-player game.. if your struggling solo find people in game to help. Speccing ice would help you get groups, but a fire wiz will speed up exp for most soloers so many would probably be happy to have you along. (Note: that doesn't mean everyone's gonna want to group you, don't get disheartened if a few people say no, just keep trying)

Mybuddies

Fledgling Freddie
Are you a fire or ice wiz?

Fire wiz is pretty easy to lvl so in Task Dungeons - bolt bolt blast root run away bolt bolt etc

Ice wiz i thought you needed a group to level effectively.

Ah nuts I was the first to reply but I was afk before I pressed save hehe. Hope you get it sorted anyway.

Damnnationx

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh youre better off going to housing and ensureing you have some toa bonus rogs to power pool power cap dex cap int cap just spend 3 plat or so will help loads..

As for down time due to mana....LOL just buy some power/ endurence regen boxes from cm....almsot as good as having font camp fire is for teh win solo....Also consider some catas items for charges that will boost ya stats

Fire spec? go to lyonesse kill danoian famrers or go to barrows those mobs in there are so weak to fire its unreal

Also consider catas instances
Si though prety much heat hard mobs esp avo city so unless ice forget that place....

Ice?
go to Ac or try to form hoc groups great xp tbh

And finaly if ya cba with that go in to frontier and find a nice place to farm near a keep for that extra bit of xp...

Best advice i saw thouh ws the masterlvl one :D especialy mlvl 4 :D

Tombha

Fledgling Freddie
Damnnationx said:
Tbh youre better off going to housing and ensureing you have some toa bonus rogs to power pool power cap dex cap int cap just spend 3 plat or so will help loads..

As for down time due to mana....LOL just buy some power/ endurence regen boxes from cm....almsot as good as having font camp fire is for teh win solo....Also consider some catas items for charges that will boost ya stats

Fire spec? go to lyonesse kill danoian famrers or go to barrows those mobs in there are so weak to fire its unreal

Also consider catas instances
Si though prety much heat hard mobs esp avo city so unless ice forget that place....

Ice?
go to Ac or try to form hoc groups great xp tbh

And finaly if ya cba with that go in to frontier and find a nice place to farm near a keep for that extra bit of xp...

Best advice i saw thouh ws the masterlvl one :D especialy mlvl 4 :D

i have 800g to my name.. as stated, no /level 20, ergo no level 50.. but thanks for the tips.. yes i am fire.. tried ice, but didnt like it at all.

Hellsvip

Fledgling Freddie
Do not forget quests in catacombs and you can go hunting in the underground forest the pathing for mobs is insanely shite so you will more often than not find you can nuke them to death before they can find a way to get to you :p

Soha

Fledgling Freddie
Do u have decent gear? as that is your first high char.
If not do the Epic quest lvl 45 one gives u a nice armor.

Sharaft

Fledgling Freddie
Tombha said:
i have 800g to my name.. as stated, no /level 20, ergo no level 50.. but thanks for the tips.. yes i am fire.. tried ice, but didnt like it at all.

No respec to ice at L 50? QQ

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
get mcl1 or 2, serenity1 and as much wp as u can afford then go buy some power regen pots. then try and pick up some cheap cast speed items and rogs with powerpool. go hit the taskdungeons or le good ole barrows dungeon spiritual advisor room xp spots. make sure u got int/dex and +fire capped and u shouldnt need to root, anything orange will be bolt>bolt>dd>dd>dd obviously for max xp speed and min downtime u want to choose mobs you get a bonus dmg to :flame:

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
Konah said:
get mcl1 or 2, serenity1 and as much wp as u can afford then go buy some power regen pots. then try and pick up some cheap cast speed items and rogs with powerpool. go hit the taskdungeons or le good ole barrows dungeon spiritual advisor room xp spots. make sure u got int/dex and +fire capped and u shouldnt need to root, anything orange will be bolt>bolt>dd>dd>dd obviously for max xp speed and min downtime u want to choose mobs you get a bonus dmg to :flame:
try to get erinys charm also for even less downtime !! :) tho gonna be a bit hard to get the scrolls if dont got much money

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
I levelled my fire wiz (albeit in a duo with another fire wiz) on Inishail Island and the huge orc (not sure of exact name but it's next to the Purple Cheiftan's house) camp there. You can get full distance for bolting, solo you should not get adds, and they die very fast. You also get insane camp bonuses because noone else ever goes there.

Dungeons are less uited to a fire wiz because you need the range (and open field for running when the bolts miss :) )

Do make sure you do all the Catacombs quests as well as the tasks that the Albion Commanders give you as these are often quite easy and give anything between .25 and 1 bubble of xp. It is almost possible now to do quests for complete levels especially if you kill a few extra things while moving from one quest goal to the next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom