Pig Brother

Sigurd

Banned
The trouble contrived by Endemol for Big Brother 5 has caused quite a stir, with police investigating the fight the other night. The live feed was cut for the first time, and I found myself reminded of The Truman Show... this program is revealing just how far people will go to make money, and shows the media in particular up as lacking morals. Nothing new? Thing is it's getting worse... and more in common with some fiction and science fiction that seemed a long way off just a few years ago. The contestants in the series of Big Brother are human guinea pigs, and the control they are subjected to is frightening. Has anyone else noticed this rise in the control inflicted by the media - not the more subtle kind (advertising etc.) but the "let's see how easy it is to control a small group of people" - how long before it's only a small group? Is the capitalist superstate, a country or even the world controlled only by the media, becoming more and more likely?

Discuss. Civilly.

Paradroid

Fledgling Freddie
Sigurd said:
... The contestants in the series of Big Brother are human guinea pigs, and the control they are subjected to is frightening ...

Well, it's not really frightening is it? More like an annoyance. It's like a cushy low-security prison (If Carlsberg made prisons...etc). Although I'd like to see snipers in watchtowers, waiting for escapees.

:)

Paradroid

Fledgling Freddie
Munkey said:
What happened? I dont get BB in my country

Nothing really. They just don't like each other. An argument unsued, followed by a strainer on the cobbles (fight). Security broke up the barny. Some viewers apparently called the fuzz (police), who then went to investigate. And just like the Freak Brothers cartoon strip, the police are still there smoking dope.

:p

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I like "Home Run". It explains many, many things imo.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Lol that was the best episode ever :D :D :D (And yes I watch BB)

.Wilier.

One of Freddy's beloved
Munkey said:
What happened? I dont get BB in my country

Basically, they kept 2 slightly retarded women in a separate room for 5 days and let them watch/listen to everything that the other contestants did in that time.

They then re-introduced the retards to the house, plyed them all with tons of free alcohol and sat back to watch the hilarious (and damn near dangerous) results.

Classic real-life telly imho.

Cyfr

Banned
It was the best thing i've seen in a long time :D
Jerry Springer all over again! :clap:

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
they should give them weapons imo

.Wilier.

One of Freddy's beloved
TdC said:
they should give them weapons imo

Blimey, there'd be some carnage then matey.

TBH, I can see the blonde Scots blokes p.o.v. the place was a fecking tip and that Queen really does annoy, and he obv aint getting anything from the SA bird anymore..............

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
I'm in agreement the Scottish bloke, (Jason). Who wants to live in a fucking pigsty for 6 weeks or whatever? I don't blame him for losing his rag at Marco, he prances around like a fucking tosser right in his face, I'm suprised Jason didn't chin him. Emma is possibly the most retarded person EVER on television, and Victor is a great character. Why did Emma and Mitchelle plan to keep it secret that they'd been watching, and then almost immediately Emma began saying "It's almost as if we've been watching all week!!" ... Really inconspicious!

jaba

Fledgling Freddie
It was so funny, cant believe they broke it up! I thought the funniest bit was that emma bird speaking so another one saying "he called me fick! he compared me to jade goodyear" she is possibly the most stupid person I have ever seen.
Comedy TV, i only watched it last night because of the fighting. :clap:

jaba

Fledgling Freddie
because they are too stupid and their goldfish like minds forgot within a few minutes!

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah, bringing the security guards spoiled it but I guess they didn't want any violence. Do you think it'll ever be revealed that Nadia was a bloke? Victor and Jason were calling her Hackjaw Jim Duggan and saying her chin could sink the titanic lol. :p

jaba

Fledgling Freddie
I dont think it matters, with shoulders as broad as him..err her...err it's .. its kinda obvious, she could definitely beat the shit out of all of them in there anyway! :)

.Wilier.

One of Freddy's beloved
jaba said:
I dont think it matters, with shoulders as broad as him..err her...err it's .. its kinda obvious, she could definitely beat the shit out of all of them in there anyway! :)

Nice pec's though ;)

jaba

Fledgling Freddie
yeah sod the morals but to be fair big brother is crap TV and should be removed, its only good cos of the fight

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Moving Target said:
It's great TV!
I'm sorry, in which Universe does watching a bunch of people sit around getting drunk and talking shit class as great TV.

It ain't ours that's for sure.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
We are born into a world where most of our actions are controlled anyway. Big brother is like a western country on a tiny scale. :)

I don't watch it but I heard about what happened and I was hoping that one of them would've killed or seriously injured one of the others so that the shit would be banned and I'd never have to hear about it again.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Big brother has been relatively entertaining this time round. Not that I watch it regularly but what I have seen has been bareable.

They have got the right mix of personalities for a change (i.e. good conflict percentage) and some original ideas have been thrown in to boot.

Let's face it, reality tv isn't for everyone. You probably get the same effect from intravenous absynth.

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
If I want to watch a bunch of retard chavs get drunk, argue about bugger all and then start a fight, destroying the local surround ... I'd walk around St. Helens or Wigan or something during the evening. Nighttime would be suicide.

Oh, and I like Dan :) Cool and calm, but a bit warm (possibly also moist) and not detached.

Moving Target

Fledgling Freddie
Whipped said:
I'm sorry, in which Universe does watching a bunch of people sit around getting drunk and talking shit class as great TV.

It ain't ours that's for sure.

And watching them fighting and throwing trays at each other and threatening to beat up each other...it's amusing, what can I say.

UrganNagru

Fledgling Freddie
Hehe St.Helens ain't that bad Mazling as long as you stay clear of Nexus and cable Taxis. ;)

I haven't really watched any big brother as I saw a couple of ephisodes due to hype but found it to be naff. However is it true that their messing around with their minds more, this serise?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
BB isn't reality TV, its a game show. Channel 4 are loving the publicity, it gets better viewing figures, increased advertising revenue, and more programming. Who do you think pays for the show? The muppets who watch it, and the retards who actually vote!

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Just because it's a game show, doesn't mean it's not reality tv. I'd say that's exactly what it is.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Emma and michelles IQ is sub george bush.

Talk about a subtle masterplan ( lets keep it a secret /megaphone WE SAW JOOOOOOO! )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom