Picking a Caster

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Ive got 3 thid casters (Therg, Sorc and Cabby) and should probably take 1 to 50, problem is im not sure which one. All of them have been pretty fun so its proveing hard to pick one. Im not gonna use it a great deal in PvE as i have Merc, Pally and Cleric for that so PvE groupability does not matter so much

Spec's i was considering

Therg 46 Air 26 Ice

209 Nuke

27 Sec AoE Mezz + 36 Sec AoE Root

Max to 50 Ice and Air Pets

Sorc 45 Body 29 Mind

209 Nuke + 179 (60%) Life Tap

46 Sec AOE Mezz + 60 Sec Root

50% heat debuff , PoM

Cabby 36 Spirit 35 Body 19 Matter

179 (60%) Life Tap .. Debuffed

30% Spirit and Body Debuffs

AoE Disease + 35% Near Sight

Just looking for any info into how effective and I guess how fun the classes are at 50.

Ta in Advance

Case

Fledgling Freddie
Alb is still terribly short of sorc`s level that IMO

Xeanor

Fledgling Freddie
just spec a sorc 44 mind 31 body if you make one, we got plenty of nukers from wizards/theurgists/cabalist

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Xeanor said:
just spec a sorc 44 mind 31 body if you make one, we got plenty of nukers from wizards/theurgists/cabalist

Definetly agree here, more sorcs would be lovely for Albion - plenty of nukers exist at the moment from what ive seen, but as always play the one you enjoy the most - its a game after all :)

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
There're loads of lv50 sorcerers... but they're not played because of the pressure on them. In the most common RvR scenarios, if the group dies the sorcerer gets the blame. They have one of the hardest jobs and unless you can concentrate 100% of the time, think fast and react faster, you'll hate playing one.

If you live dangerously, don't give a crap about calories and want to master a class, you'll probably love it! :p

I'd probably say sorc aswell, but it's not a class for everyone. Only level one for RvR if you can take the pressure!

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
But with Det Nerf (more expensive + less effective) and 15 min purge would it not be better to go higher in Body though for better secondary CC and better nuke ?

Roadie

Fledgling Freddie
Id say thurg, playing a sorc is alot of responcability and its pretty frustrating sometimes (they are very good solo/duo tho) they are a fun class to play and stuff but when you screw up its of a bit more consiquence then if anyone else does (bar clerics maybe)

Thurg on the other hand can afk their way to 50, your very good in PVE for arti purposes etc, when you spec for rvr u will be a strong soloer with ae mez (ok not as good as sorc one) speed, root, strong nukes and pets. In groups you have good interupts and strong nukes :D

oh and btw if you do go body and you spec 45body the resist rate on your mez is very high which is very frustrating.

i often find myself wishing i had rolled a thurg instead of my sorc, but sorc is a very fun class to play and when things go well its very rewarding. :D

willowywicca

Fledgling Freddie
Garok said:
Cabby 36 Spirit 35 Body 19 Matter

179 (60%) Life Tap .. Debuffed

30% Spirit and Body Debuffs

AoE Disease + 35% Near Sight

Just looking for any info into how effective and I guess how fun the classes are at 50.
Well all 3 of the classes are in the regular group that PE runs (mind sorc not body tho), so all 3 are good choices/effective in rvr. I think you can be happy whichever of them you are playing, so it's up to you.. only thing I would say is that I think if going tri-spec cabby, you should atleast get the blue (45%) nearsight (catacombs is down atm so can't confirm on char builder but I think a better spec is:) 25 matter, 36 spirit, rest body (31 body iirc but char builder down so not 100% sure), yes you sacrifice the yellow disease for just blue this way (the only difference however is that it's radius is slightly wider 300vs350) but nearsight is a much better tool than disease is, and your damage shouldn't suffer significantly from this either.. Atleast, that's the spec I'm probably going to try on my cabby in NF (along with Mastery of Focus 3 so that the spells are mostly lvl50, with a few 40+ only)

(oh and you get the 2nd ae dot this way for leeching at keep takes etc too :p )

aleron

Fledgling Freddie
Alb need sorc baaaaaad.

Theurg, wizard, cabalist we will have plenty of in nf.

Tsabo

Fledgling Freddie
Escape said:
There're loads of lv50 sorcerers... but they're not played because of the pressure on them. In the most common RvR scenarios, if the group dies the sorcerer gets the blame. They have one of the hardest jobs and unless you can concentrate 100% of the time, think fast and react faster, you'll hate playing one.

If you live dangerously, don't give a crap about calories and want to master a class, you'll probably love it! :p

Tsabo Tavoc is lvl 50 Sorc RR4 ML10 Stormlord...

I love playing sorcs in RvR, so much that I made a Sorc on PvP same name etc, is now lvl 47.5 ML4 Convoker RR3L3...

You wanna know why I don't play my sorcs anymore?

I love them in RvR and tbh, I'd say I play my sorc pretty well, but I get the mez off, I die, and the clerics don't see it as a good use of power to res me. Meaning I still get the mez off, 1 or 2 come straight at me and I get no RPs the whole fight.

That and Sorcs in PvE are the most boring class in the world...

Pom...

Pom...

Pom...

But RvR they are great fun, taken out a fg of yellow/orange cons on my PvP sorc before, funny as hell.

And the ONLY spec for a sorc imo is 44 Mind 36 Body. Fire wiz do enough damage, Ice wiz have their own debuffs, best way to go is Spirit cabbies and Sorcs.

Eroda

Fledgling Freddie
All of albion's casters are pretty decent now apart from wizard (basically bolts and nukes zzzzzzz) so sure you would enjoy which ever class you pick.

As said before, sorc is often under alot of pressure and needs quick reactions to win mez but albion does need more of them.

Personally enjoy my theurg the most as its a nice balance between nukes and interupting.

Ivan

Fledgling Freddie
Out of the 3 i would say the most needed and rewarding is Sorc. Theurg is tricky, but once you get a grasp its quite fun, especially when you send a bunch to hit a stealther for 130 per hit per pet :) Cabas are a versatile class to pick, especially with that pet.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Cabalist - Albion are chronically short of cabbies for nearsight :(

Xeanor

Fledgling Freddie
Garok said:
But with Det Nerf (more expensive + less effective) and 15 min purge would it not be better to go higher in Body though for better secondary CC and better nuke ?
Mezz is crap, it will get better (in duration and resist rates) in NF, that's a pro, you wanna throw away that pro just to get a nuke that's still not better than the baseline LIFETAP? And AOE root is quite useless apart from interrupting, btw.

and lifetap >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> nuke

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
As said, its a game play what u want, i think its wrong of half of all these guys say "MAKE SORC 44 MIND NOW" cous tbh, its your char, if u wanna solo/duo as a sorc, spec like 40b 36 mind would be ALOT better, i duo/solo/trio LOADS, just ask the ppl out there :).
Sometimes yes u get all the anger directed at u if u lose mess, and yes i tryed being the first getting killed 5 times in a row, in fgvsfg battles (damn osril)

If u spec body, go 46, would mean some in pve cous u get 50% debuffs, and the last mind dosnt really mean much imo. Tho unless u exspect running in debuff grps, dont got 45/46 body, go 40, since lifetap hits hard with ok eq, and calculated that our lifetap got the 5% more dmg than the normal dd (some mythic code oO) its not a very big diffrence unless u exspect hitting cap.

Roadie

Fledgling Freddie
40body is my spec atm as well and it works a treat, its superior to 46body which was my old spec in basicly every way. have only been rvr'n about a mounth on my sorc tho and i havnt tryed 44mind yet :D

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
The sorc is a very interesting class, and it really comes down to the player playing it, though. In other words; it's not spec-dependant. Don't play it if you don't actually love playing your sorc!

It really depends on what kind of main job you want to have; do you want to be the supporting class; I do. I specced 46 mind and the rest body, you get crack5(46) and 55% mezz reduction(45) but you do sacrifice the 350 area lvl 30 root.

If you want to focus a bit more on CC, you can spec 44 mind and 31 body for the AE root and -49 dex/qui ae debuff (instead of -39 at 28 body/46 mind).

If you wish to focus on soloing/duoing, then yeah, 40 body, or higher is a nice spec to go with. You nuke nice (especially with high int/dex), and can debuff heath/cold/matter for those with who you're duoing.

As for the stress.. well.. most people are decent enough NOT to yell at you, and if they do you can tell them to fuck off because they're obviously not worthy of a sorcerer in their group. People may tell you that you're not doing a good job, give you tips, etc etc in all decency, but as soon as they're starting to call you names and all that, /ignore and /disband. Personally, I've never had anyone yell/call me names, etc before, and I'm not exactly the best (nor the worse. I hope?) sorcerer around, but I do think that most albs are good friendly people, and those who aren't just aren't worth to hang around with.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Why do people keep saying that Albion needs more Sorcerers?

Check Duskwave for LWRP for Sorcerers. Theres 7 Sorcerers with more than 100k LWRP, the only other classes which come close are Clerics/Cabalists, which both have 4 each with more than 100k LWRP.

Case

Fledgling Freddie
Because sorc are essential in EVERY group ..if you don`t have a good sorc there`s little point rvring except in exceptional circumstances

Toxx

Fledgling Freddie
Gah i hate all this "play what you want!" or "play the char you enjoy the most!"

1) hes not level 50, so whatever he "enjoys" playing the most may have a totally different feel for when hes 50 and rvrs.

2) Hes obviously unsure which to play, so any input apart from "play what you want" will be useful to him. If he knows people need sorcs, he might decide to roll one to ensure him getting lots of groups etc.

3) With a lot of PVE that needs doing nowadays, a casual player does find it hard to get TOA done. And of those 3 classes, only one will have an easy time in pve (imho)... EG. the theurg (can go earth for pveing).
Say he IS a casual player, hes not going to have the time and effort and resources to beg / get in groups as a sorc or cabalist (i have this problem), so maybe picking a theurgist will get him sorted a lot faster?

God i had to get that out, all this "play what you want" is such a hopelessly ideal phrase that just doesnt work (99% of the time).

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
I like playing merc :( but don't get rps.. which makes it less fun ^^ So go for whatever gets groups n that should be a lot better than havin a fun char when you need to solo 24/7 ;x

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
sorc is most fun caster in alb

altough i have to try a trispec cabba (back to PL i guess)

Case

Fledgling Freddie
tri spec cabby is fun but you do actually miss the 50% debuff quite a lot and pet damage/haste/speed buffs

Well i did anyway so went back to standard spec ;) nuking for 604 again \o/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom