PHP/MySQL

S

s-p*

Looking for good online guides to help me learn php intergrated with Mysql. I know a small amount of both, but would like increase my knowledge to a level that I could create a website fully programmed in php/sql.

J

Jonty

Searching the Internet through your favourite engine such as Yahoo! or Google should yield a fair number of results. Two tutorials I am aware of come from SitePoint, which details how to create a database driven site with PHP. From past experience their tutorials tend to be nice and straight forward and easy to follow.

The second, although I'm not too sure whether this is perhaps as suitable as aforementioned tutorial, comes from Webmonkey and details PHP and MySQL in general.

Naturally there are a lot more tutorials and guides out there. The PHP Manual can be somewhat daunting at first, but as you become more familiar with the concepts, its usefulness becomes far more evident.

From my own personal experience, I found that simply having the time to play and learn from your mistakes helps. Perhaps you could try setting yourself a little project. In my case, I learnt the vast majority of what I know from scratch by teaching myself after being assigned a little project from DBs for BarrysWorld which needed a strong MySQL backend. There's nothing quite like having a goal to work towards and knowing that you have to complete it to the best of your ability.

If you have any more questions, queries or comments, please feel free to post again.

Kind Regards

T

TheJkWhoSaysNi

What i know is mainly from editing other scripts, Learn by doing. Its the best way :)

M

Mr. 47

i learn enuf MySQL in 4 days to produce this !!!

its really quite easy as long as you know enuf PHP, memorise the syntax and just look up the functions you want on http://www.php.net although the MySQL documentation sucks if you search for what your looking for (ie. "update" will give you page with 4-5 results 1 of witch will be the syntax ect. for that function) http://www.mysql.com , give it a try!!!

Users who are viewing this thread