Phone calls and texts to be logged for a year

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Heheeh ;) Guys at MI5/6 are gonna have fun reading my messages :D

Imagine all the gamers who talk about bombing parts of london? When lots of games feature London ;D

Olgaline

FH is my second home
hmm we've just had a similar law enforced pr. yesterday here in denmark. seems it's a euro wide thing.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
We need to screw their system and start EVERY message we send in any format with a string of words they are set to look out for.

Data Overload.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Im going to add the words bomb, attack, gun and goatse to every text message!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Does this qualify for a Joor Conspiracy of the Year Award ?

soze

I am a FH squatter
Like the article says this has been happening since 2004 and now this rule will make smaller companies fall in line maybe. It also says it will be Vodafone orange ect logging it not the government. If they cant access what i said just the fact i text my mate Bill who gives a shit tbh. If its true MI6 CIA whoever record and scan my calls and scan my emails and texts thats different. What they are admitting too here is no big deal as its only Police and Security services that can check your location not your nosey wife who works for the council

Nate

FH is my second home
I like the way it quotes that it will only be used for serious crime and terrorism, then goes on to talk about some old woman getting fucked over by a cowboy...serious...

I wonder if forums will have to start passing on all messages soon too :eek:

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Aw man, hope this doesn't screw over my grass sources. :(

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Heh, they have no fucking idea of what that means data vise :>

We got a similar law here in Denmark but with regards to webbernet communication - all ip packets must be logged (but only to ip, and from ip) so you'd be able to see if ip XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX communicated with ip YYY.YYY.YYY.YYY 1 year ago at 5 pm. However this logging responsibility rests on the ISP, and practically its impossible to store all that shit and those are shy to tell the ISP who they really are talking to wont have any problem concealing it either - all in all a bullshit law - but politicians dont have ANY FUCKING CLUE what they talking about.

I have a feeling this applies for the law you are referring to also gamah :>

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
I dont care really, as I dont have anything to hide. Fact is that if people wanted this kinda evidence against you before these new laws, they would most likely just get it illegally

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
the way i see it. im not a big fan of conspiracies and such but i am worried about the fact that people so blindly accepts surveillance. in the US 9 out of 10 people who are searched (legal or illigally) are innocent, and the police knows that - they search 10 people without their consent or suspicion to find 1 person with drugs. the same thing could happen here - they keep surveillance on 10 people to find 1 person where as the 9 of them might be without suspicion, if thats the case it could very well be you.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
I dont care really, as I dont have anything to hide. Fact is that if people wanted this kinda evidence against you before these new laws, they would most likely just get it illegally

(Bomb Taliban London)

So basically what you say is, that your give a fuck about your personal freedom and don't care that random people might abuse the system?

This is not about having something to hide or not, even if the state wants to make you believe this, but this is about the state having too much knowledge of what you do.

IF I have something to hide, I don't write a simple message about it, I send a highly encrypted message through SSH tunnels, which the state won't be able to read in the next years or at least not fast enough to react.

All that talk about controls and stuff is just to fool those who have no idea, if you ask me. It won't stop the pro's and the idiots are caught most of the time anyways.

All that stuff costs an insane amount of money and the return for us - the normal citicens - is near to zero.

Everytime you say ok to such a thing you agree to give away responsibility to some unknown person, without even knowing what they do with it. People are giving out way too much information already and this seriously has to stop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom