Pfft

S

SoWat

Seems we have a godmode exploit/bug.

On Werner/Searhus/Hiro, a player named Wolfe could not be killed... despite over 20 people + vehicles shooting him. He could kill tho, and did.

I reported it via /appeal, but it's a worrying sight.

F

Faeldawn

To be perfectly honest im surprised at the lack of cheats that have appeared so far. Especially considering the sizeable CS community that plays (70% of which are cheats).

S

SoWat

Spotted another player abusing this 'feature'. Werner came down shortly afterwards.... hopefully for a fix.

M

=M<P=Xerxes

Some one in my outfit reported the same guy.

O

old.ViscountCharles

A number of us reported Wolfe, but his invulnerability might well have been a symptom of the server dying (as Wolfe was only invulnerable for ten minutes or so before the server crashed out).

There were other weird game effects, like the map not updating to show successful hacks, so let's give him the benefit of the doubt unless or until we hear that Customer Services have more proof of actual cheating.

M

=M<P=Xerxes

yeah it was bad. Was stuck there for ages. LOL

T

throdgrain

Originally posted by Faeldawn
To be perfectly honest im surprised at the lack of cheats that have appeared so far. Especially considering the sizeable CS community that plays (70% of which are cheats).

What a moronic thing to say :rolleyes:

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by throdgrain
What a moronic thing to say :rolleyes:

Ok, VERY bad post, came across all wrong.

The point is (or was supposed to be anyway) that when someone mentions cheating in a FPS it conjures memories of CS and how hackers wrecked a great game by writing cheat scripts which bred a situation whereby if you were a damned good player and the best on the server by far you would get accused of cheating sooner or later which bred a general distrust in the game (the "is he or isnt he?"scenario). This became the norm and some servers would eject several players a night on the belief alone that they were cheating.

Its a fact that FPS like CS are riddled with cheats, too many to list. Hell there are even cheat and anti-cheat clans. Hacking game code and writing scripts for FPS's is more than just a hobby for such people.

This is the first (possibly, still unproven) actual cheat to be seen in PS to my knowledge. There was a worry in beta as to how long it would be before someone came up with ways to cheat and wreck the game just to gain an unfair advantage.

I seriously doubt this is an actual cheat and that it will turn out to be anything other than a bug exploit, more than likely accidental (yes several of these have occurred so far, this one is new to me tho).

The worry is still that there are people out there actively looking for a way to cheat the game, to think otherwise is naieve.

Still havent made my point very well, but its 2am and i give up.

S

Sarum TheBlack

I think it's only a matter of time really. All the information you need comes through your network, and it's not hard to read that. Even if it's encrypted it's pretty much only a matter of time before it's cracked. I think to a lot of the (undoubtedly very cleaver) people who write programs like DToC for DAoC, it's not about cheating, but about proving they can beat the designers, and their superiority over the machine (I knew to a guy who wrote some HL scripts.. he didn't even use them himself, but for some reason had a completely clear conscience about letting others use them). To the people who use them, it's entirely about gaining an unfair advantage.

M

=M<P=Xerxes

The trouble with PS is when a server goes down, strange things happen. But that crash was the slowest I've been in. Usually it goes straight down and everyone runs around shooting and not killing anything. Have got some funny screenshots, lol. I wouldn't worry about PS. I'll just play the game.

B

bone_idle

I came across one of those ' invisible ' guys last night on Forseral about 3am. I had just spawned there and a Vanu vehicle pulled up outside. I thought ello I see you. Then the door open but nothing was there. Darklight wasnt ready yet so i still held back. Then darklight came online then i moved to the CC in the tower. Still nothing, Then i started getting shot in the back with a pulsar, I could see the burst flash of the gun but couldnt see anything with darklight on or off.

It was almost like he knew he was invisible and was waiting for me to see if i could spot him to double check or not. :(

When i died i could hear him reload and start to hack the tower. His name was ' KaNat '. I dont care about posting his name because he didnt reply to me when i told him he was invisible and if he carries on killing someone will report him.

Ive seen this before people seeing completely invisible players but its the first time i have been killed by someone abusing it. :rolleyes:

L

leggy

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)
CS players use wallhacks to steal babies!!!11

*fluffle*

:D

They only want the rusks though

M

=M<P=Xerxes

I think there may be a gfx bug. I was waiting in the vech terminal when nearly every vech went invisable then back to again. All these patches have created bugs that pop up every now and again.

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by =M<P=Xerxes
I think there may be a gfx bug. I was waiting in the vech terminal when nearly every vech went invisable then back to again. All these patches have created bugs that pop up every now and again.

Once saw an invisible AMS driving around, funny thing was i could see the levitating driver :)

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by Turamber
I have problems with that statement :p

Hehe :)

Saw the driver and the AMS name tag, but no actual vehicle was visible, pedantic peasant :p

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Don't blame him. He is an account keeper.

*plays the Account Keeper Man theme*

C

Custy

Originally posted by Faeldawn
...which bred a situation whereby if you were a damned good player and the best on the server by far you would get accused of cheating sooner or later which bred a general distrust in the game (the "is he or isnt he?"scenario).

Spot on.

C

Cronn

I started up a Terran on one of the US West servers last night, For a while everything was going as normal then I got a tell from an NC I had killed a few times 'Damnit, you are invisible to me' (I was in MAX pounder suit btw) so I relogged and confirmed the invisibility had gone but then I found I was invincible. No one could do damage to me.

So I just logged off. :(

M

=M<P=Xerxes

It's like having a picnic and ants invade. Get these bloody bugs off me aaaarrrggg!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom