PETITION: Leave the game as it is.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I really, really, reeeeeeeeeally hate patches. Not that they affected my gameplay in any way(except the one time...at bandcamp...), but why can't the f*cking company(whatever the company is) just make the game, set the game, run the game and leave the whining players on the beaches. No change, no chance. And don't tell me that "well they only see the problems when they run it".

Bullshit. It's all about testing it, i should know since i work as an IQA(quality assurance, not questions and answers) in a gamecompany. If the game has a problem, it wasn't tested enough. Blizzards testcrew seems to be up to speed and on it testwise and i think WoW would have the possibility to be patchfree. But, i doubt it. Always have to change something, stupid people.

Just be happy with what you got.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
woo yeah you tell em! and yeah i think daoc was a lot better b4 they started faffing about with it so much.

tedStar

Fledgling Freddie
Without RA's the game would have a lifespan of 1month, Why play rvr if you dont benefit from it?

[edit]

Because you want to?

Brannor McThife

Fledgling Freddie
Bunnytwo said:
Prefer them to take it back to how it was tbh. Before RAs etc.
Hell yeah. RA's were the curse that befell DAoC. It was like the catalyst to turning people into utterly selfish PLers. before then, nobody cared about buffbots, and being PL all the time...you enjoyed RvR for THE FUN OF THE FOOKING GAME, not about... "F*CK OFF you C*NT, that blue-con is my F*CKING KILL you LAME ASS!!!111. " ...my preciousssss...my preciousssss RP's...

Gawd...I hate what RA's did to what was an environment that you took part in to have fun WITH your fellow realm mates.

Stupid Mythic. You morons.

-G

Bunnytwo

Fledgling Freddie
tedStar said:
Without RA's the game would have a lifespan of 1month, Why play rvr if you dont benefit from it?

[edit]

Because you want to?

Cos I enjoy RvR in itself. Seem to remember the RvR was perfectly healthy before RAs came along.

Also was a rather more level playing field back then, aside from a lot less peeps had BBs, you also didn't have the rather sickening experience of pulling off what you thought was going to be a sweet kill and then your intended victim going "ta da" IPing and whooping your arse cos he's able to play twice as long each day to rack up those RPs to buy his RAs.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
tedStar said:

[edit]

Because you want to?
You cant have played that long, we old'uns remember days where we had fun in all aspects of the game, new adventure, and the battles were between realms instead of between our realm mates fighting over a few artifacts and who can wtfpwn everyone with his uber sheild of mega herpies.

RvR's about the kill, not how you killed.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Mega Shield Of Herpes?

eeewww

Is that some kind of AOE disease proc..?

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
tedStar said:

[edit]

Because you want to?

For fun maybe?
Why is every one so power hungry and crazed?

tedStar

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
You cant have played that long, we old'uns remember days where we had fun in all aspects of the game, new adventure, and the battles were between realms instead of between our realm mates fighting over a few artifacts and who can wtfpwn everyone with his uber sheild of mega herpies.

RvR's about the kill, not how you killed.

Been around since 1.48, prolly even before that, cant remember...

That was the patch where RA's got implemented innit? note my edit btw, RA's did add alot of lifespan to the game.

I myself enjoy RvR most in the game. :clap:

Stina Handfast

Fledgling Freddie
"Not tested enough" is a pretty hazy statement though... and I don't honestly see how you could perform a complete and thorough testing of game dynamics which requires ~2000 players and around 6 months before things settle (ppl at 50, doing RvR, economics going etc.) without actually doing it 'live'.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Stina Handfast said:
"Not tested enough" is a pretty hazy statement though... and I don't honestly see how you could perform a complete and thorough testing of game dynamics which requires ~2000 players and around 6 months before things settle (ppl at 50, doing RvR, economics going etc.) without actually doing it 'live'.

If i can test a game that is meant for 24 people alone, test all the levels without completing them or advancing to levels, going through the dynamics, etc etc...all by myself, i think a game of this magnitude and length(forever against the normal 10hours gametime) should be tested and should be able to be tested with less then 2000 players. It's all in how good the test is.

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
There will always be problems anyway cause there are new hardware developments and also new operating systems, some elemants in the game could not be always compatible with the new generation shit. Also people can't play every aspect of the game in a few months of testing, every class with every quest done, every mob getting killed, every horse route getting tested, every milimeter of the land getting walked etc...There will always be problems people find out after releasing the game. It's not the case with MMORPG's only, look at all the newly released games for which you can find patches monthly after release fixing bugs and adding stuff etc.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I don't have a problem with fixing horse routes, configurating for new hardware or such. I've got a problem with changing the original high concept.

In other words, changing a two handed weapon into a one handed when it's been two handed for a year and so forth. That's wrong.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
I'd be happy if they just dragged the entire New Frontier expansion to the 'Recycle Bin' and forget about it completely. :)

Gorrion

Fledgling Freddie
Tesla Monkor said:
I'd be happy if they just dragged the entire New Frontier expansion to the 'Recycle Bin' and forget about it completely. :)

And ill be happy if they draged the entire TOA expansion to the "Recycle Bin" and flush it out.

Oldleaf

Fledgling Freddie
The game was great before TOA and maybe before Mythic introduced RA's, ok those Artifacts are nice to have but a pain to level, besides that you dont have an advantage with them, the opposite realms have them to. Its only time consuming and real life cash to Mythic/GOA to keep us playing. In my oppinion the game was on his best after Darkness Falls was introduced, the later patches/expansions didnt bring us a better game, actualy only nerfs. If there was a server without TOA iam happy to started there from scratch. Ow and iam not looking toward the new frontiers.

behatch

Fledgling Freddie
A fact: Buffbot players will never be more than RR1L1

hmmmm

Gorrion level 50 Thane = rr5
Maligor level 50 Bonedancer=rr5
Atlantiz level 50 Hunter=rr3
Malar level 50 Zerker = rr3

lol you are l33t pwn.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah we should have stuck with 1.36 - all the mids would be RR11, while everyone else was RR2. Chain stun 4 teh win. :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Let's clear the point a bit more.

Give stuff, don't take away stuff.

Now see the point? :twak:

Oro

Fledgling Freddie
It was a *Very* long time after RAs were introduced that Dark SMs were fixed and made more viable for RvR so I have to disagree completely about leaving the game as was. It was nice for some I'm sure but some of us were not having a good time in RvR at all with our preferred chars.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Gorrion said:
And ill be happy if they draged the entire TOA expansion to the "Recycle Bin" and flush it out.

And then for good measure we flush away the new classes from Shrouded Isles. Hey presto! Something worth playing again :)

Ezteq

Queen of OT
cHodAX said:
And then for good measure we flush away the new classes from Shrouded Isles. Hey presto! Something worth playing again :)
hmm yeah no necros....maybe people would actually have to start making groups to xp, wow theres a wacky thought!
i think fotm groups only really started after RA's too didnt they?

Knoll

Fledgling Freddie
i remember the time before we invented the wheel it was so much better then now.

imo remove the wheel hmm remove electricity as well was so much more fun when we only had candles..

its called progress and yes i played since start and yes RvR was fun exciting and new but u really think u would think that now if the game hadent change ??

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Knoll said:
i remember the time before we invented the wheel it was so much better then now.

imo remove the wheel hmm remove electricity as well was so much more fun when we only had candles..

its called progress and yes i played since start and yes RvR was fun exciting and new but u really think u would think that now if the game hadent change ??
:clap: :clap: :clap:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Knoll said:

Ahem. Read and comprehend.

I said that new things are good, changing the way old things are is not.

How simply i have to put it?

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
old.Tohtori said:

even if the old things are bad/broken/plain silly?

Keffo

Fledgling Freddie
old.Tohtori said:

How can old things stay the same if they are new?

How complicated can you put it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom