Peridon the Wise?

S

Slink

Any of you that rvr frequently (thats lvl 20+ =)) should recently have seen this Player controlled NPC walking around. Obviously he's some event char but anyone know what for? SI? anyone know anything about him?

Also a similar thing happened on Broceliande - with a Bonedancer troll and a Valkyn outside FOrt Atla, i saved the start of it but i LD'd before he got to the main part soz =/

Oh yeah, Broceliande is a french server:
Roshryn = Valkyn
Mogboodar = bonedancer
Commandant osseux = bone commander

[21:53:30] Vous visez [Commandant Osseux]
[21:53:30] Vous examinez [Commandant Osseux]. Il est de votre royaume.
[21:54:37] @@Roshryn dit, "Merrrci à vous tous fiers guerrriers d'trrre venus si rapidement!"
[21:54:47] @@Grushnuk dit, "Mogboodar nous ecoutons toi"
[21:55:32] @@Roshryn dit, "Nous sommes envoyés de notre bon roi Goran"
[21:55:38] @@Mogboodar crie, "Ca Valkyn Roshryn parler et vous ecouter Poukram"
[21:56:22] @@Roshryn dit, "Notre mission est de la plus haute imporrtance, autant pour votre rrroyaume que pourr notrrre terrre Aegir."
[21:57:59] @@<Mogboodar fait un clin d'oeil pierreux au nain>

I'd attach the Screenies too if i could work out how =/ (im a n00b to forums soz)

And no this wasnt just to confuse u all - i genuinely want to know why this guy was wandering round shouting "Fight with your minds not your muscle" etc etc. If its happening in diff. realms and servers it must be an SI lead up...

M

magebane

Peridon the wise

As you have stated peridon the wize is na player controlled npc he is actually a daoc gm as was one the other night talking to a few people from various guilds. He met at the bandit camp south of pk bridge and i was most surprised only to find 2 guild leader there other than myself. hope this was of some use.

S

Slink

Aaah

Thanks, but did he do anything more than say - I need no help i was in arthurs court.....use tactics?

The thing that interested me in Broc, was that they actually seemed to be getting down to it and talking about SI

The two things may be totally unrelated...

K

kirennia

woulda turned up too if hadda known about it :(

E

Eggy

Re: Peridon the wise

Originally posted by magebane
GOD KILLS INDESCRIMINATELY THEN SO SHALL I, FOR NO CREATURE UNDER GOD IS SO LIKE HIM, WE ARE THE ESSENCE OF NIGHTMARES, THE HARBRINGERS OF DEATH, WE ARE THE FEARED AND WE SHALL LITTER THE ROAD TO HELL WITH THE BODIES OF THE FAITHFULL, WE ARE THE ASSASSINS OF ALBION. FEAR US!!!

oh my god, calm down

O

old.Fangrim

Peridon the Wise is not necessarily a DAoC GM. There are volunteers that have been allowed to play NPC characters. These NPCs have rules for their behaviour, and are as such not required to talk about things that fall outside the role that has been set for them. If he's an NPC (player character), he knows about as much about SI as any of us do. He's not a GOA emplyee, and doesn't necessarily know anything about many things.

I've heard of him, and apparantly what happened with the "help" thing was that everyone around him kept asking what he needed help with, and apprantly, he wasn't in any search for help. He was just going for a walk. The volunteer NPCs are not necessarily related to The Big Event or SI as such, but are merely special characters that are trying to spread a little atmosphere in DAoC.

If anyone has encountered Peridon personally, please put it in this thread - I'd like to know what he said/did/wanted etc.

edit: typos.

S

Slink

Personally?

Well ive met and talked to him in-game and as i said all he talks about is that he was thrown outta king arthurs court for Treason (he changed his story a lot) and he is searching for a written apology/personal apology from King Constantine.

He wears a blue robe with a purple cloak(the ones with collars) and he has an insta-self-buff which looks amazing. I'd post some pics on here but unfortunately i dont have a site i can post them on. Im sure someone has pics they can post.

He is mainly found around pk bridge, in CS or in the top of the stable by the zombie farmer.

He only gets interested if you ask him to tell you a story or if you mention Morgana. He is blue to me (im lvl 42) and he refuses any items/doesnt reply to PM's/never groups.

But still id like to know more if anyone does?

O

old.Hobbes101

I bumped into him recently at CS while forming up a group for a Beno retake and he chatted with a large circle of people. He does seem to be a rather unhelpful old codger - full of complaints, boasts about past exploits and loads of less than helpful advice concerning fighting middies. Still it was nice to talk to someone new and many guys passing stopped in and got in the spirit of things. I hope to meet him again and discuss the current location of our king..... Great fun to be able to interact like that and I hope we see more appearences of individuals like this.

I have seen a chatlog of this conversation assembled and edited by Simius and will attempt to goad him into posting it here - wish I had remembered to log it....

S

Simius

No goading necessary boss ;)

Missed the start, but this is the edited log of Perdion the Wise's trip to Castle Sauvage.

[22:18:04] @@Acuity says, "What if there will be no apology?"
[22:18:08] @@Caballero says, "Where is the King?"
[22:18:11] @@Peridon the Wise says, "Yes. I say let the healers heal, the fighters fight, and the casters cast spells of

destruction!"
[22:18:17] @@Caballero says, "I have not seem him latley"
[22:18:20] @@Slink says, "and the infils?"
[22:18:30] @@Peridon the Wise says, "I know not the whereabouts of the king."
[22:18:30] @@Slink says, "what of those that live in the shadows oh wise one?"
[22:18:33] @@Branoic says, "inform"
[22:19:05] @@Slink says, "Why not to Camelot oh wise one? For we may obtain a written apology without trouble"
[22:19:10] @@Peridon the Wise says, "Ahh.. The members of the Guild of Shadows. Let us not forget them! They should do

their hiding thing and attack!"
[22:19:15] @@<Coren moons you>
[22:19:25] @@Peridon the Wise says, "HOW RUDE!"
[22:19:34] @@Slink says, "I only laugh with you sire"
[22:19:34] @@Caballero says, "Indeed!"
[22:19:46] @@Slink says, "I meant not to anger"
[22:19:55] @@Slink says, "only to "inquire""
[22:19:58] @@Peridon the Wise says, "People should do what they are good at, not try to do each other's jobs, I think!"
[22:20:02] @@Branoic says, "well alass i must take my leave creatures to kill nice to meet you peri "
[22:20:16] Branoic curtseys to Peridon the Wise.
[22:20:18] Caballero salutes Branoic.
[22:20:24] Ozaric bows to Peridon the Wise.
[22:20:25] @@Peridon the Wise says, "Take care young mercenary!"
[22:20:38] @@Slink says, "Another Question oh wise one, where way me obtain a cloak like yours with the cool collar?"
[22:21:07] @@Peridon the Wise says, "This cloak was given to me by King Arthur himself in gratitude of good service!"
[22:21:22] @@Slink says, "Nametape and everything?"
[22:21:46] @@Caballero says, "Where is the King at the moment?"
[22:21:56] @@Peridon the Wise says, "I know not the whereabouts of the king."
[22:22:06] @@Slink says, "Oh wise one, to cut to the metephorical chase, what plans have you for the armies of Albion??"
[22:22:12] @@Caballero says, "For i have seeked im for months and have not seen him"
[22:22:17] @@Slink says, "We are eager to aid and listen"
[22:22:23] @@Ozaric says, "well peridon is it king arthur that kicked you out from camelot?"
[22:22:36] @@Peridon the Wise says, "I have no plans at the moment. Until King Constantine sees fit to include me in his

service again, I have no say."
[22:22:52] @@Ozaric says, "ah constantine"
[22:22:54] @@Peridon the Wise says, "Yes Ozaric."
[22:22:58] @@Slink yells, "To the aid of the Wise One! To constantine!!"
[22:23:09] @@Ozaric says, "well peridon you know arthur is dead"
[22:23:10] @@Hobbes says, "the king may well be badly advised..."
[22:23:19] @@Caballero says, "Yes!Revolution!"
[22:23:33] @@Caballero says, "We want a new king!"
[22:23:47] @@Peridon the Wise says, "Hehe... No. Revolution is not the way to go."
[22:23:55] @@Hobbes says, "careful such talk is treason"
[22:23:58] @@Acuity says, "Let us make Peridon the Wise our king!"
[22:24:00] @@Peridon the Wise says, "Planning our attacks is vital."
[22:24:01] @@Slink says, "Sire, i belive we may obtain your apology from one of Constantines Lackeys, such as Inigo De

Camelot, for we know not of the King's whereabouts"
[22:24:06] @@Caballero says, "We are governated by a king that we never see..."
[22:24:12] @@Slink says, "governated?"
[22:24:17] @@Ozaric says, "peridon you are so wise so i vote for u as our new king"
[22:24:22] @@Caballero says, "sorry about my bad english"
[22:24:31] @@Caballero says, "but i am not from these lands"
[22:24:43] @@Peridon the Wise says, "I can only accept an apology from the king's own mouth. He knows where I live, if

he wants to talk, he can come to me!"
[22:24:45] @@Slink says, "aah a traveller, forgive me"
[22:24:53] @@You say, "I know not of what the kings plan, but I wish to serve albion how I can, surely you must have an

opinion on what would be wise for this relam"
[22:25:03] @@Ozaric says, "peridon you are so wise so i vote for u as our new king"
[22:25:08] @@Slink says, "Please Sire, we seek only to please or aid you, tell us how"
[22:25:25] @@Peridon the Wise says, "It would be wise to plan our attacks, trap the enemy."
[22:25:27] @@Methos: **organising Benowyc retake, Pm me for cg**
[22:25:40] @@Caballero says, "But it is them who trap us"
[22:25:44] @@Slink says, "In practise you may find that easier said than done oh wise one"

[22:26:03] @@Peridon the Wise says, "From what I hear, the warriors of Albion is sometimes running like headless

chickens."

[22:26:06] @@Slink says, "with the blatent problem that we are intangible and can run thru each other, trapping doesnt

work well"
[22:26:21] @@Slink says, "the warriors ARE not IS"
[22:26:24] @@Slink says, "oh wise one"
[22:26:28] @@Peridon the Wise says, "In my days, traps worked very well."
[22:26:40] @@Slink says, "for mice"
[22:26:49] @@Peridon the Wise says, "And the enemy too!"
[22:26:50] @@Caballero says, "But today we are in need of more mezzers and pbaoe"
[22:26:52] @@Slink says, "but the men of Hibernia and Midgard are tricksy"
[22:26:55] @@Buffbaz says, "or any small mammal"
[22:27:15] @@Slink says, "They sneak upon us with their spells and stealth - we have no chance!"
[22:27:19] @@Peridon the Wise says, "They might be tricky, but we need to be even more tricky!"
[22:27:27] @@Caballero says, "It is hard"
[22:27:29] @@Peridon the Wise says, "Do we not have spells? Do we not have stealth?"
[22:27:31] @@Ozaric says, "Peridon want to take back beonwyc with us?"
[22:27:35] @@Slink says, "Sire, unless u have an electric trickyfiying machine that cud b hard"
[22:27:45] @@Peridon the Wise says, "I am not getting into the frontiers. I am too old."
[22:27:50] @@<Caballero laughs >
[22:27:53] @@Slink says, "Sire, ill carry you"
[22:27:53] Peridon the Wise casts a spell!
[22:27:57] @@Acuity says, "You make comments suitable for a kobold or a lurikeen, let us show them our intent and drive

them back with our ironclad fists!"
[22:28:02] @@Ozaric says, "no you are not come on"
[22:28:09] @@Ozaric says, "show us your skill"
[22:28:10] @@You say, "to defeat the enemy we must understand their motives, yet they are strange and alien to us"
[22:28:10] @@Slink says, "Sire, cool staff"

Peridon takes action pose at this point

[22:28:34] @@Peridon the Wise says, "Yes, it has quite a nice glow I fancy a lot!"
[22:28:38] @@<Peridon the Wise chuckles >
[22:28:40] @@Slink says, "Hehe"
[22:28:46] @@Slink says, "You are wise indeed"
[22:28:50] @@Peridon the Wise says, "That too is a nice staff!"
[22:28:53] @@Slink says, "Pretty glow!"
[22:28:57] Peridon the Wise points at Iluvatur.
[22:29:01] @@Slink says, "True"
[22:29:03] @@Caballero says, "Now that is a beautiful staff you have there Iluvatar!"
[22:29:07] @@Slink says, "GIVE THE WISE ONE YOUR STAFFF"
[22:29:10] @@You say, "wise and powerful, a potent combination"
[22:29:11] @@Iluvatur says, "thankyou"
[22:29:11] @@Slink says, "j/k"
[22:29:17] @@You say, "i pity the man who makes you his enemy"
[22:29:21] @@Peridon the Wise says, "Hehe... I need no other staff than this."
[22:29:36] @@Slink says, "Peridon, how did you obtain teh post in the court of Camelot?"
[22:29:47] @@Slink says, "Surely you must have gained glory in battle?"
[22:29:56] @@Slink says, "How else may we rise to a high a post as yours"
[22:30:11] @@Peridon the Wise says, "I got my position at the Court by being hard-working, clever, and I showed my

prowess on the battlefield!"
[22:30:23] @@Slink says, "Ah, so once you were a great caster"
[22:30:32] @@Caballero says, "It is getting dark i must return home and rest for the night."
[22:30:33] @@You say, "tell us a tale of your prowess so we may learn from your experience"
[22:30:45] @@Peridon the Wise says, "I remember one battle, I was responsible for planning... It was a siege of

Benowyc."

Continued on next post...

S

Simius

[22:30:57] @@Slink says, "A siege of our very own keeps?"
[22:31:10] @@Peridon the Wise says, "The evil forces of Midgard had occupied it for days!"
[22:31:15] @@Acuity says, "Did you lose our keep to our enemy!?"
[22:31:42] @@Slink says, "Sire, i shall endeavour to gain that apology for you!"
[22:31:42] @@Peridon the Wise says, "We collected a large force of men, and travelled to the keep under cover of

darkness."
[22:31:54] @@Slink says, "Tell me the means and the location and i shall accomplish"
[22:32:09] @@Peridon the Wise says, "I had several members of the Guild of Shadows, who were scouting ahead."
[22:32:49] @@Slink says, "Sire, nightfall is not as apt cover as people may believe"
[22:32:52] @@Peridon the Wise says, "We came to the occupied keep, 40 men strong. The keep was defended by at least 100

members of the enemy realm!"
[22:33:01] @@Peridon the Wise says, "Maybe even 120!"
[22:33:08] @@Slink says, "4/10 those bad at maths"
[22:33:16] @@Caballero says, ""
[22:33:18] @@Nyveara says, "lag must have been terrible "
[22:33:36] @@Slink says, "lol"
[22:33:41] @@Peridon the Wise says, "By my incredible planning we succeeded in killing the enemy defenders and their

lord, thus reclaiming the keep."
[22:33:52] Caballero cheers at Peridon the Wise!
[22:34:00] @@Slink says, "Sire you are being sketchy - how can 40 beat 100 strong?"
[22:34:06] @@Peridon the Wise says, "Those were days of glory my friends..."
[22:34:13] @@Buffbaz says, "this surely was pre 1.56, yes?"
[22:34:17] @@Peridon the Wise says, "By careful planning and perfect execution!"
[22:34:22] @@You say, "sir, i myself must depart for a siege of benowyc, do you have any words of encouragement for our

troops?"
[22:34:32] @@Peridon the Wise says, "Yes Simius: FIGHT!"
[22:34:44] @@Slink says, "When did we lose this aptitude for strategy? when we lost our Wise one from the court! may we

reinstate him!"
[22:35:06] @@Caballero says, "Long live Peridon the Wise!!!"
[22:35:11] @@Jetsetminer says, "we shall fight them - beno will fall to us today!"
[22:35:14] @@You say, "fight we shall, and bravely"
[22:35:27] @@Peridon the Wise says, "Only the King can reinstate me. I have not hear from him since the coronation. I

got an invitation, but refused to go."
[22:35:43] @@Nyveara says, "why did you refuse"
[22:36:01] @@Peridon the Wise says, "Because he owes me an apology!"
[22:36:02] @@Caballero says, "I must leave Peridon, for rest is needed."
[22:36:11] @@Peridon the Wise says, "Yes. I must rest soon too!"
[22:36:22] @@Slink says, "Your mind is troubled oh wise one, we shall battle hard to avenge you!"
[22:36:23] @@Nyveara says, "may i ask why he owes you a apology"
[22:36:39] @@Caballero says, "If you are every in need of help dont hesitate to ask me , for I will always be ready"
[22:36:46] @@Peridon the Wise says, "Because he refused my services that I offered him after the demise of King Arthur."
[22:36:51] @@Caballero says, "Farewell!"
[22:36:53] Caballero waves to Peridon the Wise.
[22:37:00] @@Ozaric says, "peridon i must go now gonna go to benowyc wich me good luck"
[22:37:02] @@Peridon the Wise says, "Fare well!"
[22:37:08] @@Peridon the Wise says, "Good luck my friend!"
[22:37:17] @@Peridon the Wise says, "I must get going now."
[22:37:19] Ozaric bows to Peridon the Wise.
[22:37:19] @@Nyveara says, "then the king has made a grave error"
[22:37:26] @@Ozaric says, "cya old man"
[22:37:29] Peridon the Wise bows.

S

Sisifos

@@Peridon the Wise says, "From what I hear, the warriors of Albion is sometimes running like headless

chickens."

lol

@@Peridon the Wise says, "We came to the occupied keep, 40 men strong. The keep was defended by at least 100
members of the enemy realm!"

@@Peridon the Wise says, "Maybe even 120!"

@@Peridon the Wise says, "By my incredible planning we succeeded in killing the enemy defenders and their
lord, thus reclaiming the keep."

lol... :p 40 ALBS vs 100 mids in a keep :p:p LoL. Don't show this to mids/hibs - they ll ask for nerf :p:p

@@Buffbaz says, "this surely was pre 1.56, yes?"

lol :p

O

old.Second

[22:19:15] @@<Coren moons you>

nice that some people play along:p

J

Jiggs

yeah yeah

but can we kill him??

might drop something nice ^__^

O

old.Fangrim

Ok... From what I've read of chat logs, and heard from people, Peridon is not an event-creating character. He's probably just someone who tries to spread some atmosphere in the game. From what I know, not all the characters have any major plots, or Big Plans - they are merely playing a role - roleplaying :)

G

Galelawyn

He was back today in CS and asked me what the famous thing was that is called , a zerg , a few other people and me have accompagnied him to a tower in the camelot hills where he gave us a quest ( finished it btw)

PS He also sang a song and danced a bit ^^ , he will be back when he has studied a bit more

B

benedictine

I was there at the tail end when appeared at Cs - from the chat log he basically talks a load crap, wears a pair of underpants onn his head, 2 pencils up his nose and likes to be called Susan (on Tuesdays only).

Very helpful Mythic - thanks - the long winter nights will just fly by now.

Oh and Fangrim...

'If he's an NPC (player character)'

Now you didn't play AD&D now did you ;-)
PC Player character
NPC Non player character

Just a typo Im sure :p

O

old.Fangrim

Yeah - a typo :)

I think it's refreshing with NPCs. And it's not Mythic you should thank - it's GOA :eek:) (typo?) :p

If you don't like the NPCs, don't talk to them :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom