People who don't give a crap about HL2....are you?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
How many do you agree on?

1. I never got on the Half-Life bandwagon and never have played anything mre then the first level thingy in HL1.

2. I thought Gordon Freeman was that crappy G.I. Joe guy noone remembered and didn't frankly give a crap about. Until i was informed that is. Which broke my illusion of a crappy G.I. Joe guy.

3. Always thought valve just sounded cool and the logo kinda reminded me of Fallout. Nothing more special in it.

4. Steam meant steam. Still does.

5. Half-Life has become more of a term for No-Life since it's been waited and hyped about more then the second coming of the big J.C.

6. Come on, the graphics ain't THAT great. Sure they look niff, but hardly anything world revolutionary.

7. Gravity and rag-doll physics. Have't seen this much screaming about a useless feature in a game since they thought about making it illegal to kick a player in the groin in rugby.

8. Valve website has more hits then the Paris Hilton video website. This means that a large percentage of the players out there are rather watching Gordon fall realisticly into a hole then watching Hiltons realistic hole. Check please!

9. Graviton gun whatnot...ok. So. This gun like, picks up things and...umm..throws them or...swings them around...yeah! Give this gun a f*cking nobel award.

10. Didn't think i'd get to 10 but....i'm saying it's a really good one! It's the best reason ever seen in any reasoning thingy anywhere! Trust me it is! It's like the invention of the wheel if it was a reason!

10 agreements: Welcome brother(or sister)! There is still hope i the world!
5-9 agreements: I almost lost hope on you, but you are on a path to redemption.
1-4 agreements: Repent now and leave the foul ways before Freeman gets you and your dark hole thingy!
0 agreements: You DO like Gordon that way don't you?

throdgrain

FH is my second home
People who play games other than Counter-Strike do it simply because they cant take being beaten, and so go and hide in some other inferior game.

Discuss :p

Panda On Smack

Can't get enough of FH
Ive never been into Half Life. im sure its wondertful but i really cant be arsed and dont really care that HL2 is the "bestest game evah" or something

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
I borrowed the Half Life 1 CD off a schoolmate at the time, I didn't like it. That said, I could not play Starfleet Command 3 without Galaxies at War, nor play Continuum without Trench Wars, nor could have played Q3 without OSP and 3wctf.
Am I really playing the original, or the mod ?

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Each to their own I guess, your wrong but i'll fight to the death to defend your right to have that idea and express it

sibanac

Fledgling Freddie
throdgrain said:
People who play games other than Counter-Strike do it simply because they cant take being beaten, and so go and hide in some other inferior game.

Discuss :p
People who play CS do it cause they cant hack it in TFC or Q3:UT :flame:

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Ooops I almost forgot.

People who are no good and hide in other inferior games also sit in irc telling each other how the people who beat them in CS when they played it in beta 0.7764 were definately cheating.

ffs

kingcon

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah deffo each to their own, me on the other hand loved HL and am priddy chuffed the new one is out. The first one dragged a bit when you got to the alien world but otherwise i think HL was fantastic, in the fact it wasnt just point and shoot, it had a purposeful story to it also. I can see how some people haven’t got into it . I think its the online MODS and such that have given it more of a rep now than the actual game.
The thing that gets me most is the losers who moan on CS, I was into that since the very beginning but the bigger its success the bigger the bitching became. BooHoo :eek7:

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I loved the first HL and I love this one BUT I don't see it as much of a step up from the original HL.

The fucking hover boat bit is pissing me off now as well, IF I WANTED VEHICLES I WOULD PLAY HALO 2!!!! :eek:

Durzel

Loyal Freddie
old.Tohtori said:
8. Valve website has more hits then the Paris Hilton video website. This means that a large percentage of the players out there are rather watching Gordon fall realisticly into a hole then watching Hiltons realistic hole. Check please!
Didn't agree with all of your points, but this alone endeared me to you.. Very funny :)

In summary - HL2 graphics are among the best I've seen, it has great action set pieces as well as some pretty funny moments too. (warning: possible spoiler movies)

It's definitely the best game I have played this year, the most involving (despite the fact the story/ending isn't as good as the original) and technically - when you take into account the physics, game design (i.e. using physics elements to solve a lot of the puzzles), etc - one of the best games I've ever played.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
I thought the first HL was the biggest steaming pile of shite I ever laid hands on tbh. :\

HL2 looks yummy though. :p

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Though the screenshots really don't do the game justice, it just looks amazing you get some idea from screenshots but seeing it on your PC is another thing entirely, plus u can chuck paint cans at people and the paint goes over there faces, its great just for that.

Will

/bin/su
I've got the afternoon off, and my new bike hasn't been delivered yet, so I may go buy this. :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I thought HL2 absolutely fucking rocked.

gmloki

Part of the furniture
HL2 is the daddy. More than just eye candy. Dont get me wrong it's not reinvented the FPS but certainly raised the bar on the predictable story line that goes with most FPS these days

I dont mind CS or CS:S but I do get bored with it pretty quick. I found the maps too small and the rounds are over too quick I much prefer Desert Combat

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Throddy I've owned you a few times and I hardly ever play cs.

Pathetic tbh. :)

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Throddy ain't bitching about it though.

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
*Avoids spending an insane amount of money to be able to play HL2 the way its meant to be played*

:/

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Ash said:
HL2 is the daddy. More than just eye candy. Dont get me wrong it's not reinvented the FPS but certainly raised the bar on the predictable story line that goes with most FPS these days

I dont mind CS or CS:S but I do get bored with it pretty quick. I found the maps too small and the rounds are over too quick I much prefer Desert Combat

What he said. Had a go with CS:S the other day (haven't played CS for years) - still don't see what the fuss is about, the game became redundant the day BF/DC arrived.

leggy

Probably Scottish
DaGaffer said:
The game became redundant the day BF/DC arrived.

I disagree. While BF and DC are both very good they are almost completely different games to counter strike. CS is a much faster paced game and while still tactically based (in clan matches) it has no where near the scale of tactics required in a game of BF.

Both are good I just prefer CS and still love it to this day. I wish my pc didn't run source like a slide show though. I don't however play BF anymore, I appreciate it's quality, it just isn't nearly as fun as CS.

All in my opinion of course.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
CS is okay BF is better but I think UT 2004 is the best online game at the mo, fast-paced decent weapons and modes of Gameplay, I still can play CTF: Face for hours such a well-balanced Map

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
old.Tohtori said:
10 agreements: Welcome brother(or sister)! There is still hope i the world!

there's not enough action :| its more like a movie

kingcon

Fledgling Freddie
TFC is the best thing to come from half life for me, and i still think it rocks :worthy:

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
They are working on TF 2 at the mo they said they are gonna release it on Steam in a couple of months as well as new missions for HL2 in an interview at Gamespot.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
W00t I agree with all 10!

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Rocket Arena 2 uber alles.

And you know this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom