PC viewing via TV

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Have tried recently connecting my pc to my tv for a kind of media box type thingy. Using my laptop atm , the problem being for some reason when i connect the 2 using a s-video(?) cable it shows the desktop fine on the tv but when trying to watch anything via windows media player or divx player the sound is there, I can see the player skin but no actual image comes up on the tv it just shows the media player skin and a black screen...tried running different resolutions but same problem...anyone got any ideas where I may be going wrong?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
i have the problem where if i plug one of my PCs into the TV it just looks grainy and crap quality, this is through S-video. anyone got any ideas on how to sort this? what should i set PC setting to?

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Raven said:
i have the problem where if i plug one of my PCs into the TV it just looks grainy and crap quality, this is through S-video. anyone got any ideas on how to sort this? what should i set PC setting to?
With S-video and non-HDTV you can expect good DVD-playback but poor quality in general windows usage. If DVDs looks crap the problem is most likely in your S-video cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom