Pc probs

Babazoo

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone ever experienced pc going blank (monitor light flashing)
but power light and hd light on pc still on.

Everything else dead cant open cd trays or use reset button.
Only way out of it is to push power button to turn off wait then turn back on later.

cant see any set pattern for this seems to do it whenever it feels like it !!

Friday night prolly 30 times in 4 hours
Saturday 10 times so far.

Everything has been cleaned and checked
Virus scanned and defragged

Gotta be hardware related i feel

Any helpfull hints welcome.

Oro

Fledgling Freddie
Can also happen if your power supply isn't quite up to the task. For instance, I had a PC with an underpowered PSU and the graphics card did things just like you describe. Upgraded the PSU and it stopped completely. There were also other symptoms like game freezing at random but the blank screen for no reason was one of them.

Hope this helps :)

Babazoo

Fledgling Freddie
Thx for input guys ..... just dug out another power supply after finding pins on connector to motherboard were black .

See what happens now over time

VivaLaDan

Fledgling Freddie
You are very right in saying it is hardware related. Sounds like somethings a bit unstable somewhere along the line.
This is a tricky thing to troubleshoot as it could be very many things causing it. Your right in trying a different PSU to rule that out. Hopefully it will be your PSU as they are rather cheep to replace. But if not, i'm afraid you'll just have to bare with it and narrow down what it could be.

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
I would Agree with trying a new PSU as this can be the cause of a lot of problems even tho ppl tend to leave this as a last resort. another thing I would try is looking at your over all system temperture you most mainbaord manufactures will supply a utility with the mainboard that will check this for you. If you are finding its getting very hot inside the PC remember you should in this day and aye have a fan at the bottom of the PC drawing air in and a fan at the top bringing air out of the PC. you can also get rounded cables which helps the air circulate better and more efficent :)

bah my spelling sux when iv been up for 30odd hours lol the brain is not working :eek7:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom