Pc Gamer Omg !!!!! Free Daoc Map

M

Madonion Slicer

WOW just popped into log mag shop and saw PC Gamer with a free full colour a3 DAOC map suppliment.

Gratz GOA/MYTHIC/Who ever does you marketing.

Keep this up guys and people might have an idea that your game exsist.

S

Sloth

Neat,

*runs off to his local news agents to purchase PCGamer*

A

Archeon

Its A3 isn't it? its gotta be better than the one i use... wait.. i don't use a map.... umm, brb

<Runs after Sloth>

S

SilverHood

hmm, should have gotten my subs by now

*cries*

A

Athralmall

Hmm, I'm looking at it now, and quite frankly the maps suck.

Still trying to work out what the picture of TNN is meant to be, 'cos it certainly don't look much like it.

Very very low detail stuff, it's nice that things are being put out, just a shame they look like summin pre-school kids could do.

M

Madonion Slicer

Dont think of the map as useful because it is nothing compared to the books and web maps you can get just think of it as an A3 Advert that every single person that buys that mag will see, some people will skip over a page about Daoc not even noticing it, but there is not a single person who wont open that map up and think "mmmmm whats this about".

So Gratz Goa/Mythic about time

U

Uriron

u get 4 a3 maps with the daoc + si box set, 3 maps showing the original daoc realms and 1 map showing all 3 SI areas.

Very nice for planning routes / knowing where to go but thats about it, the dungeons are marked on them tho

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Originally posted by Madonion Slicer
... but there is not a single person who wont open that map up and think "mmmmm whats this about".

Hehe, well I always lob all that crap that comes with the mag straight in the bin :)

I am an individual!

V

vladamyr

I remember when DAoC was in beta. the beta client came with the DvD edition of PC gamer. :p

someone also told me about a magazine with a whole segment each month dedicated to online games and theres a regular Journal on DAoC just cant remember the name of it >.<

O

old.0xygen

hmmph my pc gamer subscription has been dreadfully slow the past 2months *waits*

S

Skaven

Originally posted by vladamyr

someone also told me about a magazine with a whole segment each month dedicated to online games and theres a regular Journal on DAoC just cant remember the name of it >.<

Yup, as said, was pc gamer as well. That was what caught my attention to buy the game.

A

Aileanara

<cough>

er their is also a review in the Mag

About a third of the page but it still got a good score

W

Whoodoo_RD

86% aint too shabby a result :)

TBH I wanted to see a little more than a 1/4 page tucked away in a dark corner of a mag about this expansion.The maps are a little dissapointing, nothing you cant get on alakhazam daatlas of catacombs. In fact their ones are better and have a lot more detail. The other point is, as its a loose thing, I can see it being discarded as more of the inane junk shat thats embedded within these magazines.

The writer also explains a character, but unless your familiar with DoAC, its going to be meaningless, and comments like "As ever, if you are fundamentally tired with Dark Age of Camelot, there is little to pull you back in", hardly do the game justice. Another person who never sees the possibility of rerolling in another realm, or another char.

Apart from that, its a fair review, just to me too little too late as far as advertising goes.

K

kan-

This is PC Gamer UK right ? :p

Doesnt seem long since i got the lats one.

F

Flimgoblin

yep - UK one, got it hanging on my wall..

yeah the maps ain't the biggest - but they're not bad :) nice little poster....

O

old.Aralik

basicly the maps are the same as the ones bundled in with DAoC + SI pack just all one on page and a lot smaller.

C

crookshanks

There was a full page SI advert in PC Format to last (this?) month, complete with "Full translated into French" at the bottom (or something along those lines), which I thought a little odd.

M

monkeynutter

maybe its just me but can anyone explain the dungeons to me it looks like they colour coded so green mithria, blue etc etc but on the hib map they are all green.

B

Belsameth

The writer also explains a character, but unless your familiar with DoAC, its going to be meaningless, and comments like "As ever, if you are fundamentally tired with Dark Age of Camelot, there is little to pull you back in", hardly do the game justice. Another person who never sees the possibility of rerolling in another realm, or another char.

this is actually true. I played DAoC to death, having numerous alts and played on all 3 realms (tho not much on Hib, I seriously dislike hib) and was rather tired of it before SI came out, and unfortunatly SI didn't manage to spark off new interests...

T

tripitaka

One day, someone will be happy

Originally posted by Athralmall
Hmm, I'm looking at it now, and quite frankly the maps suck.

Very very low detail stuff, it's nice that things are being put out, just a shame they look like summin pre-school kids could do.

Well take the mag back, or alternatively shove it in ur mouth, light the blue touchpaper and retire.

FFS, there's no pleasing some ppl...

And it really pisses me off to see that nobody ever seems to be happy. Remember, theres always, NOT PLAYING, or assciating urself with this game. But then u'd moan that you have nothing to complain about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom