PC freezes after X minutes when running 2 daoc's.

Suedish

Fledgling Freddie
My PC completely freezes when im running 2 daoc (doesnt matter which clients, TOA + TOA, TOA + SI, SI + SI). But the thing is, it's completely random. Sometimes I can play for 30-45 minutes before it freezes, and sometimes it happens after 2-3 minutes. Haven't had this problem before the TOA release.

Running them on my laptop, 3.02ghz, 1gb ram, Radeon 9600 Mobility. At first i ran XP Home, but upgraded it later to XP PRO thinking it would perhaps solve the problem but it doesn't. The weird thing about it is everything completely freezes, not just the game itself, gotta shut it off and boot it up again.
This problem never occurs when I'm running just one copy of daoc.

I would try to underclock the gfx card, but I'm not quite sure how to do it with the mobility version of the Radeon 9600 ...
Has anyone had similar problems like this? If so, please help me out =)

Thanks alot in advance.

Funkybunny

Banned
ok.. im a bit tired.. but you sure it isnt a temperature problem? 2daoc's = more stuff in action= more heat.. and laptops already gets pretty hot (i have a compaq heater myself) i can bring that to a cabin, but on a mp3-song.. and at the end of the song i have heated the entire cabin.. :)

but install a mb-program that lets you check your temperature.. and see how high it goes..

Suedish

Fledgling Freddie
Hmmm, i suppose it could be a heat issue actually, and then it would shut itself down as a safety thing you mean? Sounds logic enough =) Gotta check it out. Didn't even think of the heat issue ...

NetNifty

Fledgling Freddie
Dunno about ATI cards but on some Nvidia gfx cards it freezes for a few seconds to cool down if the temperate reaches a certain level, freezing the system with it.

Suedish

Fledgling Freddie
NetNifty said:
Dunno about ATI cards but on some Nvidia gfx cards it freezes for a few seconds to cool down if the temperate reaches a certain level, freezing the system with it.

Hmm. Guess I've never waited more than a few seconds before rebooting. Maybe i should? =)

NetNifty

Fledgling Freddie
Well could try that, or taking some casing off the laptop to let some air in if its possible on yours - if it stops freezing or takes longer before it does then thats probably it.

Suedish

Fledgling Freddie
NetNifty said:
Well could try that, or taking some casing off the laptop to let some air in if its possible on yours - if it stops freezing or takes longer before it does then thats probably it.

It's got to be that. Cause i was trying to remember what ive been doing the days it froze, and if i remember correctly, the damn thing has not frozen when I've taken out my external keyboard + mouse, which means my hands/arms dont rest on the actual laptop (which ofc, makes it quite hot). Last night, it froze pretty much right away when i didn't have the external keyboard/mouse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom