PC crashing!!!

Suicidel

Fledgling Freddie
lo m8s
i had probs with me comp since i bought it in 1 way or another!

atm its crash or reboot itself when i play daoc or eq2. i have upgrade the bios, grafic card drivers, motherboard, new installed windows about 3 times. even tried to lower the screen hertz from 85 -> 75 hertz. had try to play with the chassie removed and see if its overheated, but still it crash. plz is there any1 who know what it could be.

i bought it the sept 1 this year. and had it home for about 2 months and never been able to use for what i bought it to.

talked with the support about 3 times aweek in about 3.5 months time, they had it back 3 times for a total time of 1.5 months. and they can find anything wrong with it.

This is the mesage i get on the screen: POWER SAVING ENABLE. THE MONITOR WILL SHUT DOWN IN A FEW SECS.

Pre thx Eas

pikeh

Resident Freddy
turn power saving off on monitor ? message kind of explains it.

Suicidel

Fledgling Freddie
POWER SAVING ENABLE. THE MONITOR WILL SHUT DOWN IN A FEW SECS.
this is the message i get after it has reboot after the crash.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
My macine that i built in august this year also crashed and turned itself off very frequently when used for gaming etc - turned out to be a ram+motherboard incompatibility issue. I swithed to ram from another manufacturer and the problem went away.

frogster

Fledgling Freddie
Suicidel said:
POWER SAVING ENABLE. THE MONITOR WILL SHUT DOWN IN A FEW SECS.
this is the message i get after it has reboot after the crash.

Its nothing to do with power saving, my guess is if you disconnected the monitor and left it on you would get the same message. Mine says no signal detected and turns off, yours says that.

If you are running windows XP:
Right click My Computer and select properties,
Select the Advanced tab and then click Settings in the Startup and Recovery section
In System Failure section, clear the checkbox next to Automatically Restart
Click OK and OK to exit.
This will stop windows automatically restartinig everytime it crashes and allow you to look up any error messages your might get.

If you still just randomly reboot, my money is on memory fault or heat issues.

Spudgie

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
My macine that i built in august this year also crashed and turned itself off very frequently when used for gaming etc - turned out to be a ram+motherboard incompatibility issue. I swithed to ram from another manufacturer and the problem went away.
This will do it - TwinMoS + AN7 don't mix, found that out the hard way. KoToR + DAoC would blue screen or reset comps at ranging intervals. RMA'd the memory and bought Corsair 1Gb TwinX cas2.0's.

To check or eliminate this run this test (you'll need a formatted HD floppy disk) - www.memtest86.com

This test is generally regarded as gospel for most mem issues. Only zero errors will do. In the case of incompatibility you'll be looking at hundreds over one pass. In my case with Twinmos ram it was 2.5k in 30mins of testing.

crazy

Fledgling Freddie
if it crashes its probably your RAM that needs to be reattached or maybe theyre dusty :p

bomaya

Fledgling Freddie
This sounds exactly like the fault I mentioned in another thread (Going into powersave mode). Going to try all the things mentioned in both threads but let me know if you do solve your one.

Traxxx

Fledgling Freddie
a fast way to test if its simply a heat thing .. take the side or the hole kabinet off and start it up again and see whats happend, i know its silly but it will atleast clear up if it just a better vent u need else my bet is on the RAM

hope you get it sorted as i know how fustrating ( sp? ) stuff like this is

Athalas

Fledgling Freddie
I had similar issue with mine. I'd upgraded to 64bit, board, chip, new ram, drives - everything except case, gfx card and psu. Fine in normal windows opperation. I would be playing either daoc or eq2 - sometimes I would get beeping from the speaker. Sometimes I would get a blank screen and then the monitor would go into to suspend - I would still hear all game sounds though... kida weird. Sometimes, freezes, sometimes resets. I tried all sorts to fix it.

My problem was, I had monitoring software running in the system tray provided by the vendor - Abit. I did a default settings with the temperatures and so far it's been fine - no beeps or suspends or reboots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom