PC Advice

Heath

Fledgling Freddie
Well....the problem is that i cannot open up certain link windows. I keep getting the page cannot be displayed message. Mostly this happens on the Camelot-Europe Registration and account pages...cannot enter those at all. Also, with my online banking...i click on the login bit..."Page cannot be displayed". Have i screwed up my internet settings somewhere??.Or is there something i can do?, this has only happened since about Friday (that i can recall).

Graknak

Fledgling Freddie
Heath said:
Well....the problem is that i cannot open up certain link windows. I keep getting the page cannot be displayed message. Mostly this happens on the Camelot-Europe Registration and account pages...cannot enter those at all. Also, with my online banking...i click on the login bit..."Page cannot be displayed". Have i screwed up my internet settings somewhere??.Or is there something i can do?, this has only happened since about Friday (that i can recall).

GOA is probably updating their pages hence not being able to change anything.

Another option tho, not very likely but still possible, is that you could be infected with some malware/spyware which hijacks yer browser making ya unable to see certain pages, try Ad-Aware (don't forget to update the reference file) and see if the problem is still there after scanning.

If ya still got the problem then perhaps trying a different browser program (Mozilla Firefox is a good example) and see if the problem is still there.

Had a few problems with Internet Explorer myself and switched to Mozilla firefox and i must say it's great improvement, used it as a last resort but i'm actually much more content with it then with IE and it's very user friendly aswell.

CliffyG

Fledgling Freddie
Try deleting your temporary internet files before doing anything drastic. Tools\Internet Options\Delete Files, tick the tick box and hit OK. Can take ages and look like your machine has hanged but be patient as it can take ages.

legaoniel

One of Freddy's beloved
CliffyG said:
Try deleting your temporary internet files before doing anything drastic. Tools\Internet Options\Delete Files, tick the tick box and hit OK. Can take ages and look like your machine has hanged but be patient as it can take ages.

Does this happen when the link opens up in a new window?

Heath

Fledgling Freddie
Well...i tried various things...and after much swearing and threatening of death to the pc, i decided to reformat the whole lot and start afresh. Funnily enough, it worked ((o: ...Now, i just gotta stay off Kazaa and the pr0n sites and i should be ok ..Thanks to those peeps who had ideas though.

Thorarin

Fledgling Freddie
Sounds like you had a problem with SSL websites, online banking and the Camelot Europe account pages both use SSL.
Not sure what exactly the problem would have been though to give you that error.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom