Pbaoe Powah !

K

korhal

hello, im here to ask am i the only one that will respec to the best pbaoe in game (best cast time..we own hibs...muaua) or everyone going to be earth (damn nice spells you get from 1.52) or good old best dd fire wizzys ?

anyway im here to say
need more PBAOE wizzys in alb..

so....MAKE AN ICE WIZZY ;)

pbaoe powah !

btw - mirtul my wizzy gives eb for free..but say hi if you want it ;)

O

old.Astrix

Open your eyes and search for Point Blank, PBAoe guild going strong :D

O

old.Wildfire

Staying with fire personally, hitting kobies for ridiculous amounts of damage and watching them squeal is just too much fun.

C

Ckiller ofDust

lol at wildfire

makin em squel hehehe

F

Flimgoblin

erm ice casts slower than the mana/spiritmaster pbaoes... :) but ice still rocks :)

myself I'm already earth ;)

K

Khalen

ROFL and you think ice wizzies can't nuke, ask Phrenesis how much he nukes the crap out of em... To be honest fire wizzies suck, ice is the best!

S

Sibanac

spec ??

I just rolled a litlle ice spec wizzy
My plan was ice/earth. Does anyone have any tips on how high/low i should try to keep em ?

F

Flimgoblin

ice does more damage than fire at the moment...

with 1.52 they reduce fire casting times so they do more damage over time (as they should)

Fire does most damage at range
Ice does most damage up close (and has wacky snares/debuffs too)
Earth has the utility...

If yer going ice/earth you can either go all ice, all but 1 ice (i.e. level 10 you have 9 in ice, rest in earth) or go 50/50 till you get the amount of earth you want to finish with, then put it all into ice.

I'm going earth/ice and did the latter (got my 20 ice at level 30... at level 38 my earth is still only at 32, but it's going up :))

O

old.Wildfire

Gonna try full earth spec on gorre when next patch comes out, and maybe wait for 1.53 so that I can try full ice spec too... not gonna be changing anything until then. Hib PBAOEers get the win button so their ranged nukes are still good enough to drop someone in that situation... ice wizzies dont get that :-/ granted, the snares and debuffs are pretty cool though.

F

Flimgoblin

Full earth is weird... you don't get the spec nuke - if you want to do damage your mana bar empties...

you do get aoe root, and a DoT... and the aoe damage/snare is nice (got that this patch - no sorcs as per usual so I was spamming it on the charging tanks :) only level 35 at the time, still made a difference though)

K

korhal

hmmm

our pbaoe cast time is the same as eld (3seconds) but ench is 2.50 (bah !)

anyway fire dd is 2.80

anyway i will still stick to max ice rest to earth...

we need more pbaoe'rs..

K

korhal

told you already shiny

rest to fire sucks
our baseline spells are better

W

-Wedge-

If you take Ice, you should put rest-points into Earth, NOT fire...

Or you'll lose the low GTAoE (nice ranged unstealther) and an AE root that lasts 26s ... Imho ...

But anyways, I enjoy the power of PBAoE each Sunday from 13.00 cet... Point Blank RULEZ... :D

W

waynedalf

You know, at least once a week, a lowbie I don't know will message me from out of the blue and ask which spec is best/which they should go for. I always answer that asking that question is like asking which flavour is best. It will always depend on how you like to play the game.

It seemed strange to me when I started playing DaoC that there were very few earth wizzies, so that's what I chose and have enjoyed getting to the lofty hights of 50+12 earth spec. I like that it was a challenge at times without a main nuke (except AoE of course and you have to be very careful where you use that) and with the imminant arrival of 1.52, I get 3 new spell lines including GTAoE (keep defence anyone :) ).

What I fear though is a mass migration to earth. I've done it the hard way and now anyone can get up to lvl with fire/ice and then respec. I know that of course everyone has the right to change if they want to and earth has lots to offer, so good luck to those that do respec, I'm sure they will bebefit, but I feel cheated in some way that I've had to do it the hard way and now ppl can just swap. :( I suppose I will have to console myself with the knowledge that I was earth from the beginning and look for other really obscure classes/specs to play - suggestions anyone?

Waynedalf Stormcrow Lvl 50 Earth mage Excaliber Albion

S

Shaz][

Odium (my wiz) has always been full ice o_O

Finishes at 48 ice, rest to earth :p

(Odium has been brought out of retirement to hit 50 after not playing for almost half a year :> )

Anyway, playing an ice wiz is totally diff to a fire wiz, personally i think ice backed up with a good ras and earth will do well in rvr :p

S

Shaz][

Formed a PBAE group at the shredders a few days back. It's funny how many people don't know what PBAE is in alb and when you tell them to drag mobs to you they look at you weirdly. I still think 70% of alb doesn't realise the dmg/xp of pbae groups.

Still... :p

Twees suck, keep DF o_O

F

Flimgoblin

My earth/ice wizzie was trying to convert the pygmy-goers to aoeing danaoin farmers :) good fun so it is...

He's always been more earth than ice and will have 48 in earth when he hits 50...

Kudos to waynedalf for getting to 50 as earth :) Didn't know we had any - the people that respec to earth from fire or ice will be in for a shock ... the lack of spec DD is very very noticeable (from what I've heard on the cauldron/sanctum)

K

Khalen

I've just deleted my suckie theurg (which are indeed damn boring) and made me a nice ice wizzie. Currently at lvl 7 already and going up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom