PBAoE groups

G

grebneklaf

Ive done PBAE groups on alb with my little ice, not that we thought much about it, mostly some high agroo keepers like infs or paladins and a healer. Did pretty ok.
The main trouble with doing these kind of groups is getting people to think differently. Everytime i start groups near well known bafs or adders, they start screaming for mezzers and mezzers pretty much destroy the whole point of PBAE groups.

V

VidX

Yip, mezzers are really only needed if there are more mobs pulled than there are agro takers.

In Hibs we usually have 3 or 4 mobs in a pbaoe group, with tanks taunting only (silly tanks like Locomo and Luona usually taunt 2 mobs at once to keep them off my back :) ).

Seriously, try it. Get a guild group together or something with the purpose of trying the pbaoe group. We usually take down 3-4 purple-to-lvl 50 mobs in about 20-30 seconds (about 40-60 million xp per mob and lvl 49/50).

Minstrel playing power. Ice wizzie. Proper healer. and a few tanks with shields and nice fast weapons. One tank guard/protect/intercept the ice wizzie, one the healer, and the rest guard each other. Most important thing though: the pbaoe caster doesn't move, the mobs are pulled on top of the caster. And remember, the closer the mobs are to the caster, the more damage the pbaoe does.

I can see one problem though: the pbaoe does massive damage so can result in agro for the caster. If a tank misses the taunt 2 times the caster could get agro. In Hibs we have QC stun on the caster if they get agro (if I get hit, the mob becomes my target as I have no target throughout the fight, I /face and QC a stun, which allows the tank to get agro again, and I keep casting). Also, the closer together the group stands, the better, due to, if the healer gets agro, the tanks have less distance to chase the mob to get it back to the caster.

Seriously, try it guys. You wil be getting XP about 3 times as fast as you currently are.

P

Pouget

Done this with guildmates last spring. Really good exp in Catacombs at the time. Too bad the ice wiz plays in the US servers nowadays. :( Haven't been able to get a PBAoE group going in a while. Fingoniel, I'd be glad to join in on the fun, if you have such plans :).

F

Flimgoblin

Unfortunately my (earth) wizard is only lvl 27 at the mment :)

was aoeing danaoin clerks with just my pathetic level 11 pbaoe and it was still worryingly fast (we had no mezzer so normal pulls wouldn't have worked)

might put my ice up a bit sooner than I intended... :)

O

old.Lianuchta

Think you might want some Theurgists too in that group in Alb. PBT drastically cuts down on the downtime, and makes it a lot less stressful for the healers.

D

Danya

If the caster gets aggro the minstrel could stun the mob. Though having said that they're likely to be afk or asleep - playing power for hours is incredibly dull. :p

F

Flimgoblin

aye pbt is a good thing :)

But you can still pbaoe with one crappy earth/ice wiz, two armspeople, two infiltrators, two clerics and one crazy cleric (he joined on the understanding he was tanking ... ;) we got him before the armspeople)

Was great fun :) we could have probably got faster xp... but not sure if we could have with that group :)

Users who are viewing this thread