Pay Method

Ingame time ... Weekly or Monthly

• Total voters

Keitan

Banned
What do you guys think is better paying Monthly or Weekly or for ingame time.. example : you buy 24hours of ingame time and when you log in the timer starts and say ure logged on for 4 hours then ull have 20hours left of your ingame time.

Edit this is for Warhammer WoW Daoc etc....

Himse

FH is my second home
Useless idea rly, they wouldn't do it because it generates no revenue really, and i think people would rather be able to pay for a month or so, login when they feel like rather than having to renew every week :S

Keitan

Banned
Useless idea rly, they wouldn't do it because it generates no revenue really, and i think people would rather be able to pay for a month or so, login when they feel like rather than having to renew every week :S

if you pay for like 100 ingame hours tho.... if u work everyday all day for like 8-9hours ure wasteing lots of money a day... so paying for ingame time might be a better option

Himse

FH is my second home
if you pay for like 100 ingame hours tho.... if u work everyday all day for like 8-9hours ure wasteing lots of money a day... so paying for ingame time might be a better option

You'll waste 8-9 hours a week trying to pay for the fucking thing on GOA's site, tbh :p especially every day or week or whatever.

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
well even thou you only play 3 hours a day, you still need the gms for your problems ect, and they do not only work when you play. Cant see this ever happening, and tbh i don't want it to happen.
And i cba with paying all the time, im fine with just paying 3 months in advance, as long as they don't make it auto renew like in wow(payed for 3months i never used)

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Don't know why everyone is assuming paying for ingame time would mean they had to pay more often.

If you spent ~100 hours in game a month and you bought 300 hours you'd only have to pay once every 3 months.

It's much the same as your phone charges. Would you like to receive a bill at the end of the month for a fixed amount no matter how many calls/text's you made or only pay for the time you spent talking to people.

Personally I'd always go for the fixed bill. If you payed for ingame time per hour you'd start to notice minutes ticking past. If you went to get a drink, should you log off to save minutes while you do it, etc. With a fixed bill you can afk, or do stuff in game knowing it's not costing you more for doing it. You couldn't just idle in game as easily if you knew that last hour cost you X amount of money.

Wazkyr said:
well even thou you only play 3 hours a day, you still need the gms for your problems ect, and they do not only work when you play.
It wouldn't make any real difference to GOA/Mythic since they would tailor the price per hour to mean they were receiving the same kind of cash as they do currently. The phone network has to work 24/7. That doesn't mean you have to pay 2p per minute if your not making a call during that time.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Keitan why do you care when your parents probably pay your subs?

Even if you pay it yourself, so what, its like £8 per month lol

confused

Can't get enough of FH
£8 a month for a single account, even working minimum wage thats 2 hours work per month, now go do a paper round or something like that.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
£8 a month for a single account, even working minimum wage thats 2 hours work per month, now go do a paper round or something like that.

Lol, I paid for a broadband connect and an account when I was on the dole! :p

Baaad times ;)

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie

Actually, minimum wage at its lowest for teenagers is £3.35 per hour thereby taking over 2 hours of work... :(

It's a hard life I know :D

Himse

FH is my second home
Actually, minimum wage at its lowest for teenagers is £3.35 per hour thereby taking over 2 hours of work... :(

It's a hard life I know :D

oh no! 3 hours work...

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Pretty interesting idea.

I can see benefits to casual gamers from paying for ingame time. I could only see it benefitting the game service provider if the mmo market is very competitive and they are looking for any edge on those around them. Price I don't think is the primary deciding factor in which game people play, rather its the quality (or lack thereof) of the game itself and the service that surrounds it. Cost/Billing may be a factor but not sure its a big enough factor to justify ingame-time billing and the complications that ensue.

Weekly billing is simply too much hassle. MMOs are time sinks and you aren't hooking people enough with 1-week blocks of time. I don't think it would be worth the time for a company to offer this.

Monthly/Quarterly/Bi-annual/Yearly/Lifetime billing still seems the best to me really.

Gamah

Banned
I earn like £8 from sitting down and my computer and turning it on, fiddling with my balls..reading the bbc website and checking email and FH before I even contemplate how little work i shall do today.

Himse

FH is my second home
I earn like £8 from sitting down and my computer and turning it on, fiddling with my balls..reading the bbc website and checking email and FH before I even contemplate how little work i shall do today.

i see :p

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
STFU! Some of us just want a job so we can come back and play, which atm I can't because of debt, hmm wonder why that is? Because I aint got a job and want one >(

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
you forgot the option for life time subs (codemaster are doing this allready)
about £150 gets you a life time sub i think its a great idea as you can take it when ever you want, so you can use your months free sub like most games give then decide if you like and think you will play it for at least 2years if you will then its worth doing

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
yes but you could get stuck with horse shit like lotr :p

a weekly sub, or maybe a 1 day trial (available three times a year or so) would be a good idea

Saraden

Loyal Freddie
I would renew if i could renew for less than a month. To see if i still like the game.

Outtamind

Fledgling Freddie
You could pay yearly with my method and be sure your credit card details won`t be stolen.... but they not interested in new billing methods... they happy with the "not working as intended" one

Monthly is the easiest tbh........... imagine how many people would get fed up when problems arise with the subs... every week :O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom