Patching back to the US servers

ileks

Part of the furniture
OK so i followed the guide in the sticky thread and that worked fine. My question is how do i patch back to the US servers? I've tried removing the patch.cfg file that i copied in but then the game won't launch.

Any clever way of doing this other than downloading the whole thing again? My internet is really slow at uni so would rather not.

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie
One step that the guide is missing is to create a a copy of your dark age of camelot folder and use that one for the european servers.
Now you need to find the us version of patch.cfg. It might run if you take it from a friend or someone sent it to you via mail if it aint too large. If it doesnt work, i am afraid you ll have to reinstall the us client...

hibblet

Fledgling Freddie
Its been said loads o times on different posts, its always best to make a copie of a/the folder you intend to update incase somit goes wrong sorry,

but it does say a little hint on point 1

1) download the US client installer/patcher from here (direct link: here or make a copy of the US client you already have.

but incase some 1 needs to update a working us client then all i can say is,

PLEASE MAKE A COPIE OF YOUR DAOC FOLDER IF YOU INTEND TO UPDATE A CLIENT

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
You need a US "patch.cfg"

Camelot.EXE ... is the download manager (Patcher)
Patch.CFG ... contains the link to the patch server
login.dat ... is the list of servers (IP Addresses)

can post the US "patch.cfg" when I'm home from work, if needed.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
You need the "Camelot.exe" and "patch.cfg", the other files in the root directory should be deleted, atleast those that start with "patch"-something.

patch.cfg:

<PatchConfig>
<Config>
<Log path="." prefix="patcher" level="4" />
<ResourceModules>
<Module name="http" />
</ResourceModules>
<PatcherProduct>
<Product name="EAMythic Patcher" description="EAMythic Patcher" prodfile="patcher.prod">
<manifestrepos>
<repo url="http://patch.daoc.eamythic.com:1380/daocpatch/live/patcher/manifest/" />
</manifestrepos>
</Product>
</PatcherProduct>
<MainProduct>
<Product name="DAoC Live" description="DAoC Live Client" prodfile="daoc-live.prod">
<manifestrepos>
<repo url="http://patch.daoc.eamythic.com:1380/daocpatch/live/daoc/manifest/" />
</manifestrepos>
</Product>
</MainProduct>
</Config>
</PatchConfig>

ileks

Part of the furniture
Thanks guys!

Guess a lot of people will have to do the same when they can transfer to Ywain so this will be useful.

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
OK so i followed the guide in the sticky thread and that worked fine. My question is how do i patch back to the US servers? I've tried removing the patch.cfg file that i copied in but then the game won't launch.

Any clever way of doing this other than downloading the whole thing again? My internet is really slow at uni so would rather not.

lol , why didn't you make a backup ?;s

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom