Patched to the US version? (HELP HERE)

M

mestoph

Open your update.dat, located in the base directory of daoc/si (using notepad for example). And replace everything that is currently in it with the bold text below, depenent on your verion version of the client:

For Classic DAOC

Mythic Patch
193.252.123.21:1280/updates/english/camelot/mpatch.dat

For Shrouded Isles

Mythic Patch
193.252.123.21:1280/updates/english/isles/mpatch.dat

(please make sticky, to stop ppl asking :) )

O

old.Flamin

Dont forget to make update.dat Read-only.

H

hidon_steve

and where can u download the Europ patch if u installed the US patch?

coz i did that stuff u said to do, to stop the US auto patch but now my SI wont start wich im ashumeing is coz i have the US installed

O

old.arneduck

if you entered the correct adress for the EU patch it should patch back to the right version next time you start the game.

E

Edohadien

After doin as said above i aswell cant start my SI now i double click it bu tnothing happens

M

Molten Lava

Down

Server is down so nobody will get online atm :(

M

madmac_slammer

Well when will it be fixed... i can't even enter camelot-europe.com anymore... either it's extremely slow or it's down

M

maxamber

Does anyone know why this happens? I had never had this problem until about 2 weeks ago, but now I get it 2 or 3 times a week and its very annoying :(

B

bazzaye

I hav the same problem as Edohadien & Julle, how do i fix this??

N

-Nxs-

Change the update.dat file as above.

If you are STILL patched to the USA server, then the patcher in euro is heavily loaded or down - so the system changes your update.dat back to the USA servers AGAIN !!! frustrating ehh. Just chnage it back to the EURO ones ... and try again... rinse and repeat.

O

old.Darkan

Account and Password not being accepted

My brother (old darkan) is home atm and he got me back into DoaC, so when the new patch 1.62 came out id thought id be nice and get it for him while hes at work so when hes home he can have a better chance with serkers and sb's ^^.

If only it were true.

I got what i thought was 1.62 and it worked for a while, keeping me occupied for some time. till about 5pm this evening i went LD. i never thought much of it as im still on 56k dial-up and LD is not rare. It turned out that i needed another patch, much smaller this time but still annoying for "Ye ol' 56k'ers".

Anyway, after getting this patch DaoC wouldnt let me log into Char choosing stage, infact it wouldnt even let me connect to server, it wouldnt accept either of our accounts.

Any suggestions of what to do would be much appreciated.

Darkan/Easterns lil bro.

Duraracell (50 pally alb excal)
:puke: :puke: :puke:

G

Gahldir

Imo then copy this file and put a backup of it in another dir nad copy paste whenever you get us-patched

that's what I've done anyway

Z

Zildjian

when i did as said above im gettin no response at all....

when i try connect to normal SI its tellin me my account or password is incorrect...

ne1 have any ideas what to do?

M

mehitabel

Anyoen going to post some help?
I'm getting the same, it won't let me coonect to english update server after changing update.dat , i even reinstalled and it didn't help...it just changed the update file even tho i'd put it on read only

A

Addlcove

maybe JUST MAYBE, it´s because the fucking server is down! as stated in the general discussion

X

Xmi

Think your talking to yourself Addlcove, last post before yours was August ;)

But your right the servers are down AGAIN (<----GOA), maybe they just like the hits on their US patching servers?

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by Xmi
Think your talking to yourself Addlcove, last post before yours was August ;)

But your right the servers are down AGAIN (<----GOA), maybe they just like the hits on their US patching servers?

last post before mine was Mehitabel .... might wanna clean out your ignore list :p

S

Sajko

if u do as above DONT FORGET TO PUT IN "Mythic Patch" AT THE START!!!!!
or it wont work :p

Y

yarrick

That worked perfectly, patch servers up and running.

X

Xmi

Originally posted by Addlcove
last post before mine was Mehitabel .... might wanna clean out your ignore list :p

Never had need to use ignore on here.

That post definately didn't exist when I viewed the thread, guess he must have been editing his post, either that or the aliens pinched it while I was viewing the thread lol

U

ulev

Originally posted by Sajko
if u do as above DONT FORGET TO PUT IN "Mythic Patch" AT THE START!!!!!
or it wont work :p

i did all the above and it dident work neither
but if you get a new passw
it works (make sure to do all the above first:))
but then again on 5 changes it worked 2 times:(
but now i can get back in when i want :)

S

svartmetall

I don't understand this...I'd made my Update.dat file read-only, to stop this happening again, and it just patched me to US servers AGAIN!

FFS!

K

Kagato.

Personally I added a little notepad file in my SI folder with the proper patcher:

Mythic Patch

In it and just called it 'justincase' so when this happens I can just copy/paste it right over into Update. So even if the read-only does not work you still have easy access to it.

S

spagfoot

Many thanks

Thankyou very much for the tech help peeps! Just hacks me off that it should be up to players of the game to explain these things instead of the company ..<cough cough> running <cough cough> the game....
Thanks again

C

chretien

Goa do explain it. It's been in the news countless times and it's also in Rightnow.

C

caribou95

Has this happened again?

I did last nights update (about midnight) and now SI will not work. It says my p/w or login is incorrect. But it obviously isn't as original DAOC still works fine.

Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread