Patchday

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Funkybunny said:
yes.. but it would still hit like a pu$$y :p

cept his str stat would be about 25 higher and his cap would prolly go past that of a troll , and his chants at 100 would prolly have a 30.0 dps dmg bonus :D

still only get grps for endurance though :p

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
lol. and to guard healers... unless i had a 2h specc lvl 100 pally... then he would do some dmg.

Xalin

[GOA] English Servers GM
Little update:

We're currently testing and so far things are going 'as expected'. No big bugs, problems or setbacks yet.

Keep your fingers crossed and I'm back to work now!

Isgaroth&Ths

Fledgling Freddie
mpa file katse eki poy eisai kai ksana ela kata tis 8 metavrio kai mporei na aniksune ta serbers!
kai 2 pites giro apo ola parakalo me paprika :p

Quinlan

Fledgling Freddie
Xalin said:
Little update:

We're currently testing and so far things are going 'as expected'. No big bugs, problems or setbacks yet.

#patchday
Server status: offline | ETA: ~ 17:00 | ToA-Update: 13,7 MB + 2,1 MB | SI-Update: 18,1 MB + 2,1 MB | Tests concluded| Don't query OP's | |bier-manager| is a BOT

Xalin said:
Little update:

pffft never post good news like that, cos i bet when the sandwhich boy returns from the market with yer dinner he'll spill his diet coke on your servers!!

Xalin

[GOA] English Servers GM
We have a sandwich boy?

Oh wait ... that's why they keep sending me to get sandwiches and coke!

:(

fortunefish

Banned
hey

please can you help me out?

Ive been a 56k player since uk release and this one has really hit me hard :/

ive got:

a 2 hour cit off becuase im on anytime and so, im using GetRight to dl all big things, and as a result ive got:

dling at (0.9 kbs)
with 101 hours twelve mins remaining.

please help me on how to get this done

(please dont say get broadband because if i could afford it, trust me i would)

Harle

Fledgling Freddie
There have been several gaming magazines that had the frontiers client for ToA on their cover-CD/DVD. Your best bet would be to run into the next shop and check the magazines available there ;)

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Isgaroth&Ths said:
mpa file katse eki poy eisai kai ksana ela kata tis 8 metavrio kai mporei na aniksune ta serbers!
kai 2 pites giro apo ola parakalo me paprika :p

Op, someone knows what I ate today !!

Draylor

Part of the furniture
fortunefish said:
a 2 hour cit off becuase im on anytime and so, im using GetRight to dl all big things
For most people DLing it as the 1 large file will be quicker, but maybe not for you.

You could try creating a empty directory in DAOC install dir named 'frontiers', start up the patcher, and it should install from there. Havent tried it, but it worked for housing ('phousing' directory) and should work for this too.

Generally its likely to be a little slower (since its hundreds of small files) but it should work around the 2 hour cut-off problems quite nicely.

If it doesnt work (or just isnt any faster) you can always resume the 4day download :p

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Draylor said:
For most people DLing it as the 1 large file will be quicker, but maybe not for you.

You could try creating a empty directory in DAOC install dir named 'frontiers', start up the patcher, and it should install from there. Havent tried it, but it worked for housing ('phousing' directory) and should work for this too.

Generally its likely to be a little slower (since its hundreds of small files) but it should work around the 2 hour cut-off problems quite nicely.

If it doesnt work (or just isnt any faster) you can always resume the 4day download :p
That does indeed work however it will put additional strain on the patch servers so it will be slower than downloading the .exe (and the more people that do it, the slower it will be and the harder it will be for people who have already patched to get into the game). The advantage will be that you can download each file one at a time rather than as one big item.
PCZone in the UK carried it as a covermount on their december issue so you may want to go to your newsagent and see if you can get it from there.

- English -

Resident Freddy
you could wait a while and buy the copy of daoc with nf on the cd? :p Although you will find that hard in ENgland

Invisibul

Fledgling Freddie
patch dayu takin ages ;p

least i got HL2 to keep me occupied, stlong release date timing tbh

btw, now the day has progressed some, there a more accurate ETA on severs being up?

Painbringer

Fledgling Freddie
Golestandt and Xanxicar are both lvl 80, Apocalypse is 87+ i think, end mob for ML8 is 85, no idea on lvl of pheonix and draco tho, egion and Behemth are pretty high too. Apocalypse is still toughest encounter in game tho :D

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
I'm trying to find the details, but something you can try is adding a frontiers directory to your installation, and trying a normal patch. It should then download file by file.

Darzil

Chilly

Balls of steel
Painbringer said:
Golestandt and Xanxicar are both lvl 80, Apocalypse is 87+ i think, end mob for ML8 is 85, no idea on lvl of pheonix and draco tho, egion and Behemth are pretty high too. Apocalypse is still toughest encounter in game tho :D
phoenix is a pussey, it couldnt even 1 hit me without any armour on.

fortunefish

Banned
ok i ran to smith and ~PCZONE didnt have it writen in bluea t the bottom of cd case, next plz :p sum1 sell these on ebay im sure tons o peeps wud but em for 2 quid a pop

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Darzil said:
I'm trying to find the details, but something you can try is adding a frontiers directory to your installation, and trying a normal patch. It should then download file by file.

Darzil
See my reply earlier about that particular solution.
Of course if you played on Gorre then you can simply copy your frontiers folder across from your Gorre directory to your regular ToA directory which will mean you don't have to download it all again.

Elewyth

Banned
im not concerned, itll take aslong as it takes....

<mutters something about relaxation tapes and therapist>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom