Patch

S

ShockingAlberto

I was hoping they're release a LinuxMP update at the same time, and include the Sp binaries as well, but nothing's on the ID FTP :/

Oh well, the Windows files aren't ID FTP yet either, so i guess there's still hope Wolfenstein will come to Linux in SP today :)

B

bigbb

Just seen on BW news, splendid, lets see what the improvements are...

B

bigbb

*pats Embattle*

you're being awfully nice today.

S

ShockingAlberto

Naa, i don't think they're the wolf1.1 files.

Because the Linux binaries are almost an independant project from the makers, they went v1.1 2weeks ago, and as far as i know, are nothing to do with the wolf1.1 version. Dunno which idiot linked to them from the mainsite, as it's fairly certain their not the new files.

T

throdgrain

so when are bw servers going to 1.1? oh and is that right u can play on 1.0 server with 1.1 client?

B

bigbb

Well I just have...

I'll get natty to update servers asap.

T

throdgrain

you just have.....played on a 1.0 server with 1.1 client?? i take it thats what you mean :)

C

Chameleon

Yeah Throd, I upgraded last night and then played on-line.
The patch hasn't fixed the newbie LT's and their inability to dish out ammo tho :clap:

T

throdgrain

thanks m8 just what i needed to know.
lol i have made that bind now,u know "did you know when you give ammo you get an extra point?could double your score!"
it actually seems to work for some reason :)

T

throdgrain

hmm not too bad here wij.heh i can feel a frame rate conversation coming on....

O

old.Dan_the_man

for anyone who had probs installing.

I had to reinstall the damn thing for the setup program to recognise my copy as the retail copy it is :(
Oh well, it worked. yippppiieieeee

O

old.Anatoly

Why is every link to the linux files broken :/ ?

Cant even get into the Id FTP :(

S

ShockingAlberto

Ye, i beleave ID have both released the Linux wolf files, and the wolf sdk onto their FTP, hence it's allways full atm :)

I downloaded from ftp://david.hedbor.org/wolf/ and got a good speed, so unless that mirror's swamped/down, i'd advise using that.

O

old.almighty_monkey

I'm probably going to sound really thick here....

...but what does the patch actually do? I installed it and I'm damned if I can see any difference.

O

old.Dan_the_man

it does a great deal, you should notice it fixes invisible player bug and the lieut grenade spam bug.

O

old.almighty_monkey

I don't recall ever seeing either bug, so I'll take your word for it m8. :)

I know I probably sound thick, but I didn't read any of the documentation, and as I said, I'll be damned if I could see any difference in the game.

S

ShockingAlberto

They've stopped leiutenants being able to spam infinte grenades whilst their using the binocs(serious exploit), they've stopped an even more serious bug where objects(such as dynamite), and people, are invisable. It's a very annoying one that. And the Linux version fixes a large memory leak.

S

Stazbumpa

I installed the patch on the grounds that one day I might actually be bothered to play it online. However, sticking the patch on has created some serious graphice glitches in the single player game. Case in point; a truck full of Nazis pulls up as I observe them through the binox. I can see through the roof of the truck and count the number of Nazis inside.

Also, enemies appear slightly see through, as if the wireframe hasnt been properly skinned yet. Is anyone else getting this or is it just me? I've fixed the problem by uninstalling RtCW and not bothering with the patch.

I'm not bothered with multi player yet untill I get ISDN/DSL and they sort out the servers properly so that a map is finished after 5 fucking minutes of play.

O

old.-T0p*G>N-

I doubt your problems are down to the new patch because it only changes the multi-player part of RtCW.

Singleplayer remains at 1.0 whilst multi-player becomes 1.1, check by looking in their respective consoles.

For people who had the ATI textures problems the patch is of great help, plus no more grenade glitch and suppossed increased stability. If it gets rid of invisible bug then great but it still pops up in Quake 3 even on 1.31 :(

Users who are viewing this thread