Patch -- like it

• Thread starter old.[VIT]Augustus
  • Start date
O

old.[VIT]Augustus

I like the patch. Concing is more difficult now but that only means that we will see better who are the best medics and scouts ;)

The smooth movements are a BIG plus. New maps weird and big. Overall.. I like it!

------------------
Augustus
VIT

O

old.Honey

First impression is:
Woow they didn't cut the conc as much as in the leaked version.

After that:
It suck..we played a CW yesterday on well and 2fort with the new patch.
On well it was pretty much the same except that the netcode rules..you can still conc around it is just a bit harder...but then again well isn't know to be a spammers map.
But on 2fort..damn that sucked!
I was on offense and it was near to impossible to even enter the enemy base..spamming demo on the bridge stopped a lot cause now you can't conc from the water to the battlement ..nor can you it from the other side...well that is not true you might say..but you are flying so slow through the air that a demo can prime a grenade just in your face when you land!! damn we even had to use a sniper in a clanwar for the first time...really goes against all our principles!!

Well perhaps it will change a bit in time ..but as I see it 2fort in CW will now fell like playing on a public server ..it is much to easy for sorry ass clans to get 0-0 on it

------------------
Honey[DONut]

[This message has been edited by Honey (edited 09 June 2000).]

O

old.TGC Snow

i haven't actually managed to DL the patch yet, but even just from what i've heard, the fact that they've left the demoman untouched (aside from the demoscript which was useless for HPBs anyway) is gonna be a =big= mistake.

If they were trying to attract the QTF crowd, all they needed to do was make the demo like QTF... all my QTF m8s/nmes from Quakenet say they really hate the way the demo has become a newbie spam class.

imho, they should have made the demoscript a =feature= of the demoman, and only given him one mirv gren (and powered that down a bit as well). They should also make the blue grens really weak, forcing people to use SKILL.

just my thoughts... :)

O

old.Gimp

:( :( :(

Scout is virtually pointless now imo. Yeah most of the concs are possible still (but slower, water to balc is possible Honey) they are a lot harder and take too much effort to be able to pull off in a match situation under pressure.
Scout was one of the weakest classes in 1.0.1.6, and now in TF1.5 it's even worse. It's much slower, feels more like a medic unless you wall strafe everywhere, conc jumps are inpractical, and it still has little armour/heath.
Just writing what i think of scout coz it's my class, but they've fucked the game up imho.

E

exxxie

Must of the old concs still work - but you fly soooo slowly that a half arsed sniper can take you out. Me n Gimp tried balc to balc concs the other nite and nearly managed it with a single - you can double conc over but whats the point?

/me sees a demo and a sniper on 2fort bridge defence being quite effective :/

O

old.Smokey

Hmmm, to me it seems like if the pipes of the demo has less splash-damage then before and that the aiming is even worse the the old version. First time I played with the patch I almost felt like a newbie not getting even close to my target?
Anyone else experiencing this?

//[MaR]Smokey

O

old.TGC Snow

yer, splash damage appears to be a lot worse, although i don't think aiming's been affected. If you do get a good hit, though, they seem very powerful - i've killed HWGuys with just 2 or 3 pipes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom