Patch 1.87

leviathane

Part of the furniture
was just having a lil look over the patch notes,

Overcharging

- The overcharge system has been changed so that the quality of spellcraft gems are no longer used to determine the success or failure of an overcharge. Overcharge success or failure now relies solely upon the quality of the object being spellcrafted, the number of points overcharged, and the skill level of the spellcrafter.

- At 1000 skill, a spellcrafter has a 10% chance to critically fail a 5 point overcharge on a 100% quality item.

- Critical failures are now defined as failures in which the spellcrafter explodes and spellcraft gems used are destroyed. The item being spellcrafted is no longer destroyed with a critical failure.

can someone clear this up for me, Does this mean that the gems can be any % to combine, and there is now a capped 10% chance to fail? And what does that mean to 5 point overchanrge on 99% armour :)

Ogrelin Blodig

One of Freddy's beloved
OK, I'll try to explain.

From now on, all crafted items have 35 imbunepoints, quality is not an issue anymore. Quality is now an Armour factor issu.

The gems quality is not an issue any more ither, any gem will do. no more 99-98% qua gems needed. and yes there's a 10% chance of explosion at 5 points OC.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
so is it a greater % for 99% armour i take it :) but najs no more waiting for 99-98% gems :)

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
as i take it you can't loose the item anymore either even if the SC:er blows up. am i correct?

Sorin

Banned
Actually its 32 imbue points.. for all crafted lvl 51 items that is.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
37 if you 5pt overcharge.

Higher quality armour = less likely for the crafter to go boom.

SCing only requires one of each gem per try (no more remaking gems over and over to get 99%) however the chance of the SCer (and the gems) blowing up is higher if it's lower quality armour.

The armour itself however will never go byebye.

Basically this means: you can use 97% armour in your template if you want, still get the same bonuses, but you'll take 3% more melee damage.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Basically this means: you can use 97% armour in your template if you want, still get the same bonuses, but you'll take 3% more melee damage.

Hmm, ain't it with 97% qua armour you have 3 less AF which doesn't equal 3% more damage (unless you only have 100 AF)?
Also on tanks/support you can counter the AF loss with base AF buff and casters with high buffbonus can do the same with their own AF buffs.
So there's no real reason to have a full MP suit unless you think 6 AF matters (difference between full MP suit or a full 99% suit).

leviathane

Part of the furniture
think im gonna lvl some crafters tbh xD

/edit well a crafter with the new change :)

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Tip for the spellcrafters too - imbue the three most expensive gems first - then do a 2nd imbue for the 4th cheapest gem, that way if you do explode you only have to remake the last (chepaest) gem.

Previously if you did this the 4th empty slot would have been treated as 94% and increased the boom chance, but now that doesnt apply.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Tip for the spellcrafters too - imbue the three most expensive gems first - then do a 2nd imbue for the 4th cheapest gem, that way if you do explode you only have to remake the last (chepaest) gem.

Previously if you did this the 4th empty slot would have been treated as 94% and increased the boom chance, but now that doesnt apply.

Very nice tip!

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Do I read it right that u can now craft and sc the roleplaying hats as proper armour? Think my first port of call in game will be to turn into robin hood.

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
Phoebus Harp Necklace (Midgard):

- Use of the second ability on the Midgard version of the Phoebus Harp Necklace is now restricted to Skalds. Due to the fact that many Midgard players included this artifact in their templates simply due to this ability, along with the length of time it existed in this state, a one-time trade-in has been added to allow the exchange of the Phoebus Harp Necklace for a token worth 10 platinum that can be sold to any merchant. This trade-in will also remove completion credit for the Phoebus Harp Necklace, allowing players to obtain the artifact again if they wish. If you would like to make this exchange, speak to Eldjenamr, located in the Hall of Heroes. Those who activate the Phoebus Harp Necklace after this patch will not be able to make this exchange.

Drungan

One of Freddy's beloved

lol, yeah, decent. my brain is too slow to find out myself. have a rep.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
btw, anyone happen to know when they're gonna fix the quick logins.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
To increase your craft time you can create a macro (its all legal)

/macro <whatever> /craftspeed 5

Once you have that on your bar you need to spam the delete+alt+control buttons. The faster you go the quicker you craft.

Solarius

Fledgling Freddie

Once you have that on your bar you need to spam the delete+alt+control buttons. The faster you go the quicker you craft.

:touch: Isn't there a bug with this that causes your comp to crash? :flame:

Septima

Fledgling Freddie

I just wonder how many of the FH readers are actually gonna try this :eek7:

Gonz

Fledgling Freddie
Does all items (94-99% qual) crafted before 1.87 have 32 imbue pts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom