Patch 1.59B

A

Aule Valar

! sweeeet, now if only it might get here this year i can start playing my therug again :D

W

wolfspirit

Gratz to u albions maybe now u wont feel so hard done by :p

J

Jonaldo

Mythic employee #1: What shall we do with this patch?
Mythic employee #2: Dunno, how about we make the already overpowered albs a bit stronger so the zergs get even bigger with people joining their realm
Mythic employee #3: Won't that spoil the game a bit?
Mythic employee #2: Well it won't really make it any worse!
Mythic employee #3: ok then, what shall we do to the gimped classes in mid or hib?
Mythic employee #1: What is mid or hib? the new alb SI classes?
Mythic employee #3: Not sure myself, I read about them once in the manual
Mythic employee #2: So boost alb classes it is then?
Mythic employee #1: Yup
Mythic employee #3: Yup

job done

Goa employee #1: Who shall we let test this patch this time guys?
Goa employee #3: Same as ever, we only let the French and Germans on Excalibur test it.
Goa employee #1: ?
Goa employee #2: ?
Goa employee #3: Well that way we can't understand their e-mails about bugs and problems and we don't have to do any work
Goa employee #1: Good idea
Goa employee #2: Super duper

job done

:)

W

wolfspirit

lolol cornell maybe u should call it the flip a coin style of game design :p

Tails up = nerf mid Tails down = nerf hib

But jeez when that coin lands on its side watch out albion

E

Eliz

Originally posted by Elft0r !!1
Mythic employee #2: Dunno, how about we make the already overpowered albs a bit stronger

Hehe...good one. :)

And wth are they thinking...instead of bringing our mez-range up to par with the other classes, they increase the radius?! What good it that going to do me when I have to stand 2 feet away from the ones Im going to mez? Oh well...guess Ill just respec to earth and try to kill my enemies with teh mighty unstoppable piles of dirt.

O

old.Rei Ayanami

*cough* 3 mezz classes in albion to make up for the instant mezz *cough*... Minstrel can mezz from stealth, provides a huge advantage if u are organised. Theurg now has even better mezz and the sorc with a very good mezz too. :)

S

sollers_natus

sorc with a very good mezz as well.....

hmm.. yes.. you hibbie/middie scum.. I see you.. I'm rdy... Come in my range.. quickcast mezz!!! and damn... insta on my ass.

same ol' same ol'

oehh... I resisted their instamezz! qc-mezz em.. fast! Job wel done... 1 FG mezzed.. and damn...grouppurge.

same ol' same ol'

O

old.Atrox

I love that patch...
As good as mezz immune Sorcs, who can charm anything that doesnt con orange+, group mezz duration reduction buff ( stacks with determination and resists )
hello 400radius mezz here I come!

:hat: :hat: :hat:

O

old.Eynar_Vega

One line from the notes bothers me shitless tbh:

Theurgist Changes

- Theurgist elementals can no longer be rooted or mezzed.

WTF??? :doh: so in other words: when you face a theurgist now, you only have 2 options: run or die. Imagine theurgists spamming elementals like crazy and you not being able to mezz nor root them...??:hat:

D

Damon_D

Aye they can neutralize any healing and CC of any kind in a fight with a few pets , Nice Going Mythic feeking morrons

T

Tafaya Anathas

Midis on the top of the whining charts once again :)

Plz whine for AE stun for us :)

N

nju

the patch is what was requested by players. the majority of albion players complained about their classes' cc ability in rvr being poor and about the hibernia group purge (among other things).

i do think that no albion player should start on how the midgard and hibernia players complain all the time. you got your new toy, we will get ours one day. fair game i'd say.

in conclusion i have to say that the boost they made on the sorcerer was needed and was made without making the class in question too uber. albion needed a proper croud control class and they got it, i do hope that everyone in albion won't make a new sorcerer alt for themselves - what use would a croud control charecter be if there were no tanks or casters to blast their mezmerised targets to smithereens :)

E

Eliz

Originally posted by old.Eynar_Vega

Theurgist Changes

WTF??? :doh: so in other words: when you face a theurgist now, you only have 2 options: run or die. Imagine theurgists spamming elementals like crazy and you not being able to mezz nor root them...??:hat:

Dont think you need to worry too much Eynar. This isnt as good as it sounds. The air pets for example (since most theurgs are air) self-dies after 20 seconds. Cast one of those from 2000 range and it will die at your feet. Until Mythic increase the lifespan on the pets, it wont be that much difference.

This change will be a bit better for earth theurgists though, since their pets last 30 seconds.

K

krill-nyd

I found this note from the Thane team leader (yes work is a little boring this morning, all those wood counts to tally up in Jordheim) at the VN Boards Inn:

"Look Mythic is working on a new round of balancing for the game now that SI has been added into the mix, they have decided that they are gong to go profession by profession and realm by realm for this, This time around it was Albion Casters. Just because we didn't get anything doesn't mean we won't in 1.58 nor does it mean we won't get anything at all ever. "http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=43371648&replies=17

And from same thane team leader: "The changes to Albions casters is part of their [i.e. Mythic's post SI] new effort to balance the classes which they are working through One profession and Realm at a time. So just because we didn't get anything and they did doesn't mean jack, It just means they were/are currently the group being reviewed. "

This was in response to thane's screeching about how we are the worst and need help ...

S

Sarum TheBlack

Theurgist Changes

No.. you have more options than that.. they aren't immune to stun, which every caster in hib has, and middy healers have in abundance, and most sheild tanks have slam... and they only live for 20-30 secs anyway, taking into account the travel time from 2000 range.. 1 stun and the pet is never even going to touch you.

Would all you whiners have left sorcs the way they were? Unable to do anything they were designed to do due to Hib/Mid having insta-CC and group purge? They could specc to be a second class wizard, or a second class cabby.. but they lacked the CC abilities of Mid/Hib they needed to be a good CC class, which after all is what they are supposed to be. Perhaps you would have preferred them to get speed5, insta AE mez, heals and group purge like bards? Oh, and better armour like Bards and Healers too... and self insta-heals like Healers...

M

mavericky

Seems to me that the changes to the Sorcs have balanced the realms a little more.

Mid have Insta Mezz, and Insta AOE Stun (both on timers)

Hibs have Insta Mezz and Group Purge (Both on timers)

Albs have QC Mezz (always there) and Shorter mezz Duration for whole group.

If Insta are all up Hibs have the advantage I would guess but the Albs have made up some lost ground and are not reliant on long timers

P

pcentella

Albs have QC Mezz (always there)
Just note that QC has a timer of 20 secs. Apart from that... I just love Mythic :clap:

P.S.: I guess we will see less body sorcs now (mind is shouting: "respec to me all af you!!!"):p

F

Flimgoblin

or confuse them... or stun them...

or run round in circles for ten seconds :)

at range 2000 they'll have about 10 seconds of life left in them.

One stun = no more pet.
One confuse = no more pet.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by krill-nyd
This was in response to thane's screeching about how we are the worst and need help ...

Everyone says they need help.

Just some need it more than others :)

(e.g. Bards have problems, they are very powerful characters with some very good abilities... but they still have weak speclines, useless abilities etc.)

A

Aileanara

<crosses her fingers.....and toes>
hope they look at Void spec Eldritch when they get to Hib casters

T

Tumult

as usual mytihc are helping the beloved realm of the albs :(

D

dippy

Originally posted by Fingoniel

or confuse them... or stun them...

or run round in circles for ten seconds :)

at range 2000 they'll have about 10 seconds of life left in them.

One stun = no more pet.
One confuse = no more pet.

or kill it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom