Patch 1.53I Pygmies

O

old.Eeek

Herald:

Albion Monsters: The pygmy goblins have been given additional intelligence and abilities, and adjusted in strength.

From Cabalist.org:

They have prob about 150% of their original hp, they insta cast lightnight bolts also now.

Hope part 2 is not true.

E

Exinferis

:puke: mythic

bah, gotto lvl faster then, i refuse to do trees :(

K

katt!

so stupid changing mobs that have been the same forever..

O

old.BJ|Bored

hardly forever, as in they werent there when i was lvling my first char ;p

unitemised barrows from 35 onwards!

in them days no silly gobs at entrance of barrows either so once u hit 30 in catas had to find new places to xp till 36 when barrows conn'd yellow ;p

O

old.Ramas

The 150% HPs and insta-smite has been confirmed by various pendragoners now.

It's also become impossible to dot kite them.

So any cabalists out there better plan on doing the late night tangler sessions from 46-50 entirely within v1.52.

I'd be interested to hear how any 50 (matter) cabbies did those last few levels without tanglers? Espeicially if the answer is something other than (a) take 2-3 hours per bubble or (b) leech a guild group.

O

old.LandShark

Excalibur has no lvl50 matter cabbies, AFAIK they're all body spec.
:|

O

old.FIN

Grrrr Chera =)

u know im going to be, and im 46 before 1.52, and u know it takes less than 2 days to climb up from lvl 46 to 50 when u solo ,so wait my slave wait =)

E

Exinferis

bah, tangler beach will be crowded with wannabe matter cabbies
when 1.52 arrives :(

F

Flimgoblin

Heh my guildmate was annoyed he wont be able to hit 50 so easily...

not unless he gets there fast :)

Pygmy goblins had caster hp, but no spells...

they now have fighter hp and the _tanglers_ have spells (not the normal goblins)

Means they won't be quite so camped - they'll be as good xp as anywhere else... but moving to other monsters will be an option now (rather than "no! stay at goblins! they're easy!" since they are 1.5 times as quick as anything else comparable)

Cabalists won't be able to solo them - take an aoe wizard with you to finish them off :)

O

old.Atrox

The Goblins had the low hp becuz they baf like hell....
now they will baf like hell and be harder to kill....

H

hotrat

Yer pygme's are damn good xp atm, many times i have been in groups and they say lets try pikemen (or danonian farmers), they are higher con, but after 30 mins its like this xp sux, back to pygmes.

Hopefully my caba will be 50 by the time 1.53 comes. I made him body spec, (with some matter for nearsight - great pull spell) so i could enjoy lvling to 46, transfer health is fun :)
then i plan to respec to all matter, pygmes will prolly be very crowded though :(

but

2 matter caba's soloing tanglers is still prolly very good exp, and a lot safer :)

one sends in pet, dmg shield, casts ae dot, runs, meanwhile other caba spams ae dot on the tanglers as they run toward the first caba.

sounds fun :clap:

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by old.Atrox
The Goblins had the low hp becuz they baf like hell....
now they will baf like hell and be harder to kill....

normal goblins don't baf like hell..

they only baf like hell when another group helps you out so the game thinks you're a group of 16 and sends 8 your way on the next pull... (this happens in DF all the time too)

tanglers baf like hell :) but hey they're funny :) (and you get hideous group bonus from it because of it)

O

old.Ramas

Just to reiterate the above, we have the actual HP numbers from the US servers now...

Pre 1.53 goblins were 700-800 HPs.

New 1.53 goblins are 1100-1390 HPs.

Plus they get insta-smite.

B

belth

Apparently only Tanglers get the smite, does about 90 dmg. That's from one reply only, dunno how close to truth it is.

The pygmies in 1.53I are a prime example what nerf-cries causes, some people didn't like cabbies doing 20 tanglers solo...

F

Flimgoblin

wasn't just the cabbies - any other monster just isn't as efficient as pygmys...

K

katt!

Originally posted by Fingoniel
wasn't just the cabbies - any other monster just isn't as efficient as pygmys...

then why do people exp somewhere else?

O

old.Eeek

Originally posted by old.kedal

then why do people exp somewhere else?

Variety.

Or if you are a matter cabbie under L46 then you wander all over because you are solo 95% of the time.

D

darbey

Its stirred up a real hornets nest , although some are just natural born whingers. See the discussiuon thread http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=37119848&start=37123177

I cant help wondering though why they implement a fix to help levelling between 40-45 then in the same breath nerf the main way albs are doing it. Having played on all three realms i understand albs had it a little easier with the xp cow that were tanglers however the mentality of lets take it away from them rather than help the other realms is getting rather boring now.

J

Jiggs

lol this was posted on drunken friar:

Goblins kill Conwall Station Guards (deja vu)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just logged off Pendragon with my 37 Cabalist - Keha. Looks like the pgymies will now follow you to perdition's flames before either you or they die.

One 50 cabalist pulled the goblins to Cornwall Station where they started killing the guards, but at least the guards have a fast respawn. One blue to a 37 guard died and repoped fast enough to help kill a goblin that was about to kill the Guardian Sergeant (red to a 37).

Looks like a lot of people will be dying to goblins when this patch goes live tommorrow morning...

I sent in a bug report, let's hope something changes soon.

Screenshots here:

www.mylinuxisp.com/~turtle/sshot247.jpg
www.mylinuxisp.com/~turtle/sshot248.jpg
www.mylinuxisp.com/~turtle/sshot249.jpg
www.mylinuxisp.com/~turtle/sshot250.jpg
www.mylinuxisp.com/~turtle/sshot251.jpg
www.mylinuxisp.com/~turtle/sshot252.jpg

Genbu Turtilian
Turtle Power!!

O

old.Arnor

Let me be the first to say: HA-HA! :p

sucks youll get a harder time lvling the zerg

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by old.Arnor
Let me be the first to say: HA-HA! :p

sucks youll get a harder time lvling the zerg

Jealous sad twat....
Regards, Glottis

O

old.Arnor

Yeah, youre right, im jealous that your lvling mill got harder, like it wasnt already sick&hellish

S

Subbiz

u albies should be happy... maybe it will take so much longer for ppl to lvl that they actually get to learn the game before they hit emain, unlike now :)

is this patch the b00st of albion rvr maybe? <evil grin>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom