Patch 1.51

V

Verena

Reading this makes me even more depressed.

first Patch to 1.48, then probably 1.50 (Darkness Falls, don't wanna know how long this will take them to translate).

1.51 seems like far far away.

O

old.Kennsai

we are soooo far behind :( it kinda sux actually but oh well:(

N

NetNifty

- Target Nearest Object no longer targets tombstones.

that sux, cos the other day in barrows i fell down the hole when going ld, logged back in dead, went back 2 my grave which i couldnt see, so had to press f7 to target it, so i could pray to it.

then again, by the time we get this patch, i'll probably be the max lvl so xp wont matter any more =(

S

SFXman

- The "/random" command is now in, which will give you a random number. Type "/random #" to print out a number between 1 and the number you chose.
lol?
- When you are above 1000 in your main tradeskill, any item you can sucessfully make will now have an even chance of being 94-100% quality.
Kick-ass.
- Poison Merchants are now listed as such over their heads.
They should do this to every single merchant? Even raw material etc...
- Target Nearest Object no longer targets tombstones.
ARGH! Such a small but nice fix and it is soooooo far away from us :(
- /INVITE [name] now invites a person to a group by name - you no longer has to be targetted. /INVITE with no name still invites the targetted player.
Yes... you can invite when dead :) Tried that yesterday but wouldn't work... hmm.
- You can now change your last name for a fee of 10 gold at the name registrar. You can do this as many times as you wish.
Sigh... so far...

Wow cool.... you can roll dice and play cards :D

- We have added a limit to the maximum number of times you can complete the following quests: "Soul Gem" and "Fell Tooth Bounty."
DOH! No more power-levelling using soul gems :D

Too lazy to comment on the PvP server :p

S

SFXman

Oh oh! Cool!
What are these:
- Added new items to fletching for all three realms:

Albion: Heavy Short bow, Heavy Longbow, Light crossbow, Heavy Staff, Heavy Shod staff

Heavy Longbow? Hmmh?

W

Wij

Heavy Composite Bow for middies. Interesting...

S

Solid

WTF

Cards and dice?

They got so many balancing issues and bugs and they start adding mini games in?

Surely a case of misplaced priorities?

O

old.dittytwo

we are so far behind
so notice all the bugs that we have only just found are being fixed and that fix is on its way. Have you found a bug that is not going to be fixed.... no.
alos by the time that we get the patches they have been tweaked by mythic so that the bugs they are adding are fixed so we get a finished version instead of the testing ground

The US servers are only test servers for the rest of the world.....
suits me :m00:

Ps Kennsai nice sig like mine better though :D

O

old.Lianuchta

Bards will be chuffed to bits to have their neon twirly lights of death removed.

S

Solid

Ditty I aint that naive, i am talking about the state of version 1.50 inUS atm.

specifically DoubleFrost stealth nerfs, see hidden for assasins, gimped archers, continuing uselessness of tanks, increased dominance of Albion, the Epic Armours, the Realm Skills, esp some of the class specific ones, esp Shadowblades and Zerks.

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Solid
Surely a case of misplaced priorities?
Most certainly for Mythic that is so yes. As for GOA, all I can say is... "Priorities? What are those?"

O

old.Prof

Firstly, the random number generator has been asked on the forums pretty long ago for loot division purposes. On request it has been added.

On the card games : firstly they don't take long to code and secondly they prolly won't have been coded by the programmers/designers doing debugging en balancing.

Only those who actually did the code / balance can tweak them so that means others who are responsible for different stuff can still do work on some nice extra content without slowing the debugging/balancing down.

M

m-a-n-t-i-s

So Merc is STILL a gimp...

Ah well... guees I wait for 1.52 then :)

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Mattus
So Merc is STILL a gimp...

Ah well... guees I wait for 1.52 then :)
Hehe... RvR gimp or what? My crush merc is great.

O

old.Velo

It will take GOA 2-4 weeks just to translate the cards and dice part...

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Velo
It will take GOA 2-4 weeks just to translate the cards and dice part...
lol.... nice one :)
Hehe.

S

SFXman

Originally posted by fingoniel
Mmmm... random
lol, your most eagerly awaited addition to our EU version? I guess second is cards then, with dice in third place ;)

F

Flimgoblin

Actually I was just testing it worked....

our ISP was being wacky so I couldn't post (could read fine... )

Didn't want to waste a big long post on it not working still :)

I'm quite interested in the crafting changes....

S

SFXman

lol, nice test :D

Crafting changes are interesting I must say, too bad we won't get to experience them for a while here in EU.

M

m-a-n-t-i-s

- You can now change your last name for a fee of 10 gold at the name registrar. You can do this as many times as you wish.

Damn nice :)

O

old.HiredGoon

You decided to be Mattus DaMercenary instead? :p

O

old.Karamon

GOA sucks.. so dont expect 1.50 before October 2002 in EU.
Remember... they need to "test" and "translate".
(I wish I would wrong but...)

M

m-a-n-t-i-s

Originally posted by HiredGoon
You decided to be Mattus DaMercenary instead? :p

Hehehe nooooo...

My old scout (deleted) had a name I wanted to change... I hated it with a passion.

I just feel for those stuck with silly last names ;)

S

SFXman

My mercenary is called Merciless Mercenary :)
Never going to change that, hehe.

T

Thorarin

You gotta love the /invite <name> when grouping up during Raid preparations, as well as the remote promotions and demotions. I just wish GOA would hurry up and actually hire more than 1 translator :p

O

old.LandShark

Ffs. I will be so enraged if we get 1.49 and 1.50 in one patch... i was looking forward to a month or two of seeHidden-free RvR in my epic armor and DF items... :rolleyes:

Edit: whoa, saw this:
- Shadowed players - i.e. hidden players who have been uncovered by the See Hidden Realm ability, or friendly stealthed players - no longer "pop" into full view when they initially come into view. They now appear correctly as shadows.

That's a fairly hefty change to see hidden, and it might not be as minstrel-gimping as the 1.50 version.
Ok, new wishful dream: we go from 1.48 to 1.49, then to 1.51 =)
Purge resetting 'cannot have this effect again yet' timer sucks a bit, but i guess the skill itself is still on 30min timer so...

S

SFXman

I wish we got all the nice additions but no archer nerfs :(
The scout is so damn fun to play in RvR but soon (haha...) this may not be the case. Surely there are other classes to gimp ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom