Patch 1.45 is Live!

O

old.TheMule

The patch is on for download!

Its about 8.1mb to download, and took about 35mins on single ISDN to download this morning. But I had to restart it about 10 times.

But the game servers are offline at the moment 10:35. Been patched, I guess!

O

old.tris UK

im on cable and it drops to about 1.3 kbp/s then times out .:upyours:

ok finally downloaded patch but the servers are still down:rolleyes:

O

old.TheMule

Can't even get onto the daoceurope homepage!

Hmm,

I'm glad I got the patch early! I know DAOC say they upgraded the bandwidth, but I can't even get their homepage up!

I can ping the server fine, but I guess they forgot to upgrade servers too!

Why can't they post an upgrade exe, so you get a choice of download sites. Wouldn't this make life easier, on us the customer and them?

Ho hum!

I'm looking forward to be able to play later, but I expect I may have to wait a few days. If its bad now in the middle of the day, whats it going to be like at night? :(

S

Sar

Looking at the Camelot Euro forums last night, I think they said the servers would be down until this afternoon so they can upgrade the servers and test them before going live again.

W

Wij

I can understand their decision to only auto-update. Saves endless tech support queries about such and such an error message caused by people installing the wrong patch or just going "wtf is a patch ???" :)

O

old.TheMule

And 'rightnow' is 'notnow'!

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, root@rightnow.daoc and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.22 Server at faq.camelot-europe.com Port 80

This is what you get if you try to access suport via rightnow!

As these guys have done this in the states, there really is no excuse for this sort of thing! Other than being tight with the purse strings on servers! As I now pay for the game, I feel I have the right to moan!

On the other hand, £30 for six months for this excellant game is good value! So I shouldn't moan! But if the service is offline once the subscribtion comes into effect, will i be entitled to .007p per hour it is off? :)

O

old.tris UK

wtf is happening now? it said the servers where closing for a short while, that was about 2 hours ago.

S

Sar

Originally posted by Sar
Looking at the Camelot Euro forums last night, I think they said the servers would be down until this afternoon so they can upgrade the servers and test them before going live again.

Did that post appear on my PC only or what?

:)

W

Wij

Yeh that was hours ago now. Where are they ??? :upyours:

(P.S. :D)

I

inqy

bah, not gonna be pleased if I can't get me fix when I get home in a hour and a bit. :(

C

cleeve

hehe I braved the Camelot euro forums as I was searching for more hibby hints and tips...

It appears the servers went down. came up and then went down for 'emergency repairs' and have been down since. No other news since other than mods have started a 'complaints' thread for people to argue about whether or no they should complain or not :)

I have a shed load of RTCW admin work and J*lt league games tonight so I wont be trying to get me patch til after 10pm.. I hope its all peachy by then... I need to get my noob ass up to speed on the game :)

Revor (the newbie)

S

SoWat

Umm, hasn't this patch been running in the US for a while now? One wonders why the bugs weren't found then.

O

old.TheMule

Originally posted by LegoPirate
hehe I braved the Camelot euro forums as I was searching for more hibby hints and tips...

Wow, you got on(the the web site)! I've only managed once all afternoon. Did you get decent access, or was it taking ages?

I read the patch list. I was going to post it here. But wasn't sure if that would be a breach of copyright.....

C

cleeve

I can get onto it intermittently

at the moment this is the story on the 1.45 bulletin bit
Patch 1.45, take one !

The servers opened in the early afternoon today and, soon after, some serious bug appeared. We had to postpone the 1.45 launch for now. Mythic & GOA technicians are checking those bugs and how they got through the tests.

It doesnt look good atm

I got into the forums once then they went down.. I would imagine this is cos of the volume of people trying to find out what is going on

Revor (theNewbie)

W

Wij

Ooer - I'm not logging on then. My DAoC might catch a bug :uhoh:

O

old.tris UK

the patch updat thing just crashes now, cant get on the servers list:upyours:

O

old.TheMule

For those of you trying to log to www.daoceurope.com and not getting very far, this is the official statement!

Patch 1.45, take one !

The servers opened in the early afternoon today and, soon after, some serious bug appeared. We had to postpone the 1.45 launch for now. Mythic & GOA technicians are checking those bugs and how they got through the tests.

O

old.Anatoly

It took me absolutely loads of attempts over about 3 hours to get the patch :(

Fortunately it does resume where it left off.

However according to the server browser all the servers are still down, apart from the test one.

O

old.TheMule

Someone better set up a helpline for DAOC junkies in cold turkey. No DOAC Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I might have to blow the dust off RTCW or CS or maybe mines or solatire.

Or even go down the pub and meet some real (in person) friends, arrgh SOMEONE HELP ME!:puke:

L

Louster

Originally posted by Wij
I can understand their decision to only auto-update. Saves endless tech support queries about such and such an error message caused by people installing the wrong patch or just going "wtf is a patch ???" :)

YEP AND ALSO IT MEANS THAT PEOPLE ON MODEMS GET TO HAVE LOTS OF FUN..!!..!!??..?!

W

Wij

That's why they split it into several bits. 8 meg is too much for one go though i agree.

L

Louster

Splitting it into bits won't help if I need to format or reinstall or anything, I'll still need to download the whole damned lot again.

I guess I just have to make sure I keep a backup of all the files all the time.

S

Sar

My solution to DAoC cold turkey - BG2.

Take one for 8 hours and call me in the morning.

:D

H

Hashmonster

just checked their website and it looks to be all ok now

W

Will

It was fine at 2.30am. Still not played the game though, the sign-up page is pissing me about, fill it in, click send, jump to top of page without submitting.:mad:

W

Will

Hmnnn, works fine under IE, but I'm at work so no CD key to hand. Grrrrrrrr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom