Password Reset

Tir

Fledgling Freddie
Help!

Beta invite arrived! I had my password set up before the new rule changes. However, I get the rest password link fine, answer the secret question fine, get asked to put in a new password that is correct and I keep getting 'Session Invalid' popping up and redirected back to the main website!

Have tried purging files etc, but doesn't seem to help!

I must play, can anyone help with this (and if that includes calling me stupid, but with an answer that's fine!).

Tir

Borand

Fledgling Freddie
I've had exactly the same problem, mentioned it in another thread. Mailed GOA about it as well - that was well over a month ago and they never replied. Someone suggested that if you turn your IE security settings to low, it works. However XP doesn't actually let you turn it below medium so I've got no idea how that's possible. I've also tried lowering security by going into custom level and disabling stuff, and allowing all cookies, nothing seems to work unfortunately. I gave up in the end and just created a new account.

Ogrelin Blodig

One of Freddy's beloved
I think IanC wrota that if the resetlink gets to old before you use it gets invalid...

I hade problems like this at my workcomputer, but at home it worked fine...

Borand

Fledgling Freddie
I don't use any capital letters in my email address personally. And I've tried resetting the password within about 15 seconds of receiving the email, so I don't think either of those things are the root of the problem.

Tir

Fledgling Freddie
No caps in my email either and the same with the time I used the link in the email.

However, I switched to a different PC and was done and dusted in a minute.

I use IE6, and the one I successfully changed in on was IE7, dunno if that made any difference though!

Tir

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom