Particulary useless waste of time.

O

old.Tohtori

Well, i wanted to post something and after a few moments i didn't have anything to really post about. So i started writing and as it went along i accidently came up with an idea to talk about posting. I'm not talking about the postal service or anything but posting in forums, like this here is. Now what makes a good post? In the OT forums it's not carved in stone what you can or can not write and basicly every pictar or speach about your mother is ok as long as it's totally off-topic. Sometimes we do have some intellectual posts but those are a myth and this is not about myths, neither the legends or the game myth.

So is a good post about some funneh link or a pictar? It doesn't have to be but it saves you a lot of time and effort when you simply copy/paste a link or a string of words here. Then we have the rant posts, yes, this is one of them. Ranting is usually saying how shitty something is or how you're nerfed to oblivion or even how your momma just isn't hot. Talking about your momma not being hot might bring people to think that you're attracted to your momma but that's another story. Some rants are just like this, some odd-ball talking about something you really don't want to read about but you read it just because it might have some link or a picture in it.

Or maybe you just read the post because you have nothing better to do as you're sitting at your workspace and bounce a ball against the wall. Either way a good post isn't about the links, the pictures, the stories or the way a mongoose eats a baseball thinking it's a marshmallow. A good post is just about posting, be it a dot on the screen or the greatest joke anyone made, be it a rant or some intellectual discussion about how the ships sail with gasoline and not with oil, it's still a post that you spent time with and wanted to annoy other people with.

Now i really don't know why i posted this since i just started writing to post and didn't really think about what i even was posting about, but still, it's a post and now everyone has a shot at it, be it good or bad. Your posts will still be posts, nothing you can do about it. Have a nice day and try not to eat too many marshmallows, they taste too much like baseballs.

C

[Cerebus]

In my opinion, a good post is something that either:

Tries to make someone laugh,
Upsets someone of a lesser intelligence,
Reveals things nobody knows,
Does not insult me.

What game are you working on at the moment Tohtori?

O

old.job

One flew over the cuckoo's nest, the fragfest.

Toht's the facial expression motion capture dummy.

O

old.Tohtori

Or start drinking some. Never have but i think i could use a bit more energy :p

B

Belsameth

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
Or start drinking some. Never have but i think i could use a bit more energy :p

*hides. deeply*

S

Sharma

Mindless babble of people sometime makes me laugh when it turn out at the end that the dont have a feck about what they just said.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

This is the first thread I reply to, without having read the original post. Not even the first line.

I see - Tototori - a huge block of text... and ignore it! Ha!
Keeps you sane, folks.

O

old.tRoG

Keeping people sane is often good, but to be honest in many, many, many cases is quite a bad thing to do. For instance, if the teachers of your country were sane when taking a career choice, where do you think public education would be today?

This is just one example of many.

*Wants to carry on talking but has to force himself to stop*

Wouldn't want to become a toto now, would we? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom