Partial apology to Maeloch

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Followup to my post yesterday. I haven't heard from either GOA or Mythic yet but I have spoke to alot of people today and also exchanged a few messages with Maeloch. After all this I can accept that Maeloch is a decent fella and he wasn't seeking to gain an advantage, he explained that he fell into that postition when jumping onto the ledge and never realised he couldn't be properly targetted when he stared casting. That doesn't make it right but it was late night and when people are tired mistakes happen. People also post on forums in haste and anger, yes I am guilty of that but see it from my perspective. The game is plauged with hacks and cheat, active RvR players see all kinds of tricks and RvR is rapidly turning into a cheaters paradise. Add into that the constant spying and use of RvR and you might understand why I got so pissed off.

With regards to the wall problem itself, I still and will always consider that to be bug abuse. Yes it can happen by accident in the heat of the moment but it can also be used to gain an advantage, Mythic/GOA need to clarify and try fix it. What shocked me most from the original thread was the amout of people who found this *bug* acceptable to use.

Anyway I will shut up now, I will update RightNow explaining that I have spoke to Maeloch and that it was a mistake not intentional exploitation. I don't want to get him banned because he has a good reputation and seemed like a decent person in the messages he sent to me. He gave a reasoned explanation and made it clear it wasn't his intention to cheat, I can accept that.

I haven't made this apology because I have changed my mind about the *bug* and the people who use it, or because of the idiots who chose to flame instead discuss. It was made to clear Maeloch's name, not to retract my opinion on what I consider to be a very easy way to exploit bugged geometery which is long long overdue a fix.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Oh and apologies for spelling your name wrong in the original post as well

;)

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
just remember not everyone is a lag haxor bug abuser like some people we know.... If the image of maeloch was lag jumping up the darkness falls steps.

Ive been there matey done that flame before thinking it happens to everyone :)

just remember

Maeloch = saint :D

Ok drunk saint but thats beyond the point :)

Mince

Fledgling Freddie
Have stayed out of this but I was on the keep raid, saw Mael nuke poor Kklas to death in front of me. I was able to target and mezz without a problem. Have screenshot to prove. (in work atm)

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Thanks a bunch cHodAX, accepted.

tbh I admit it looks like I'm up to no good stood on the side of the wall, and can understand u RightNow'ing me...but was a little pissed off about seeing it on the forums without saying what the problem was.

Like I say, in fact u end up there easy enough by accidentally falling off or jumping over the top of the outside lord room wall...no cheat. From my PoV you don't gain anything from dropping down there - I was already perfectly free to spam nukes down from the top of the lord room wall. I don't think I even thought much about it at the time.

Anyhow, the nearly 2 years i've had this account now I've not delibrately cheated and it wasn't my intention then. Next time I drop off the wall (oh and it *will* happen again), I'll just give you lot a through /em spamming to be on teh safe side ;).

Mael, 50th menta.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Maeloch said:
Next time I drop off the wall (oh and it *will* happen again), I'll just give you lot a through /em spamming to be on teh safe side ;).

Mael, 50th menta.

Bleh, jump down and take the 18g con death, don't give them albies a freebie! ;)

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
mythic should apoligize for making such a stupid 'feature' (can be quite handy however :rolleyes: )

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
Very nice post Chodax, not many would do that, but next time don't overreact so much :) the other post was just silly :p

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Edlina said:
Very nice post Chodax, not many would do that, but next time don't overreact so much :) the other post was just silly :p

Me??? Overreact??!!?! Outside you right now, we settle this the old fashioned way! ;)

Leleith

Fledgling Freddie
Oy! didnt see these 2 post untill now. Though, i was in Maelochs group when we defended against the alb ninja raid keep take-thingy. And i saw when he fell down from the edge up at the lord room. I tried to heal, but couldnt, as he wasnt in view... then i jumped up the edge, to get a better view myself. then Lded :/.I could have defended him here earlier. But i guess that aint needed now, it seems to be cleared out? :)

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
I think all hibs are cheaters, I've seen most of them do it!!

Chodax cheats too.. and that other one, thingy.. can't remember their name but definitely cheated! Aimbot or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom