Parry

S

Sigurd

I'm not quite sure how parry works... never being one to take notice of game dynamics beyond imagining I'm actually inside the camelot world :rolleyes:

-With a 2h weapon (including polearm/celtic spear)
-In RvR
-Can you parry styles?
-At level 50, would you parry like a fencer on drugs, or still not much?

A

AbPoon

Yes you can parry styles.

Parry rates the same with a 2h then it is with a 1h.

You get a 50% penelty to parry if your a 1h user vs a 2h user.

If you've got 50+ in parry as a tank then yes you will parry like a total mad man if you havent then you wont.

Parry is worked out as 5% base chance and 0.5% on top for every point in parry and master of parry is 3% per lvl on top of skill etc.

If you cant train in parry then you dont get a base chance and cannot parry at all.

G

Gimly

Yes

-In RvR
You can parry in RvR not to sure if you can parry a style though.
I have Parry at 37+11 but block a hell of a lot more in RvR even though parry is calculated more.

-Can you parry styles?
Have done so in duels not sure about RvR

At level 50, would you parry like a fencer on drugs, or still not much?

In PvE I parry alot, not as much as blocking (Shield 50+13 and MoB 1) but I still parry more than most.

O

old.Emma

50+14 shield and 37+14 parry here also have Mastery of Blocking 2 and Mastery of Parry 2.

In small scale RvR ie 1 fg vs 1fg or even smaller i parry/block loads. Because warriors also get evade 1 chances are we are gonna block/parry/evade most attacks in a 1vs1 situation i`ve duel`d several 50 warriors who take the normal 50 shield 28 parry route and not been touched by them, and as soon as block/parry is fixed in RvR i reckon the pure defense tanks ie high shield/parry spec will shine in keeping there group mates alive.

word of advice, reactive DoT on shields when guarding your fellow casters rocks :D archers just hate it :p

K

Kagato.

At a full 50 in parry you will still only have 30% chance to parry before mods.

Which is nice, but not exactly a "like a fencer on drugs".

And when you'd still have a 21% chance to parry by speccing only 28 in parry, you have to ask yourself if that extra % is really worth all the spec points when Mastery of Parrying gives you a whole 3% per level.

A

AbPoon

You forgot Kagato that if your wep skill is above your enemys you get a bonus, also dex raises parry quite abit.

In duels from testing my parry works out around 35%-50% vs tanks and around 75% vs support classes.

Not gonna tell you my total parry because its over 60 :p

O

old.Dorac

Off topic, sorry:
Originally posted by old.Emma
word of advice, reactive DoT on shields when guarding your fellow casters rocks :D archers just hate it :p
So reactive procs DO work on shields? I've been curious about that, but never really tried to find an answer...

A

AbPoon

Originally posted by old.Dorac
Off topic, sorry:

So reactive procs DO work on shields? I've been curious about that, but never really tried to find an answer...

Supposidly mythic say they dont work but when you put them on it does, try it with a cheap shield with a cheap proc in a duel.

H

hellraisermk2

Originally posted by the_chimera
I'm not quite sure how parry works... never being one to take notice of game dynamics beyond imagining I'm actually inside the camelot world :rolleyes:

-In RvR
-Can you parry styles?
-At level 50, would you parry like a fencer on drugs, or still not much?

I had 50 parry before I respecced (62 parry with + from items). In terms of PvE it was absolutely unbeatable with my shield. I parried way too much.

In terms of RvR, you will RARELY parry. I respecced to a more rounded 42 shield 44 parry and 46 hammer which is a heck of alot better. I block two to three times as much with 42 (54 with + from items) in shield as I did with 62 in Parry.

It's a nice secondary defensive skill if you have shield or something similar, but I would never ever suggest taking it to 50.

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by AbPoon

Supposidly mythic say they dont work but when you put them on it does, try it with a cheap shield with a cheap proc in a duel.
It only works in RvR not in PvE from what i read

G

Gallak

The reactive procc thing is weird, never seen my shield procc once in PvE, even blocking every other hit (parried rest) I didn't see one. In RvR last night though while fighting a bluecon infil I saw him boom twice (pretty sure it was him not me, but you never know in the heat of battle ;)) although I couldn't find any damage report, if I remembered the name I would get someone to ask him if he noticed any damage from it (it was in DF 1 small group mids against 1 small group albs at the crossroads where the 3 realms meet, on prydwen in case anyone remembers)

As for parry, I haven't had enough experience yet of surviving in RvR encounters long enough (troll thane, we don't live long ;) due to being big targets with low con and HP) in PvE tho I parry an obscene amount with just 4+4 parry, tis damned annoying cos I normally try and use block based styles.

K

Kagato.

Originally posted by AbPoon
You forgot Kagato that if your wep skill is above your enemys you get a bonus, also dex raises parry quite abit.

In duels from testing my parry works out around 35%-50% vs tanks and around 75% vs support classes.

Not gonna tell you my total parry because its over 60 :p

I didn't forget, thats why I said 'before mods' i.e modifiers, i.e dex/ WS, items and oponents weapon type.
:rolleyes:

A

AbPoon

Originally posted by Sibanac

It only works in RvR not in PvE from what i read

Mythic lied about that aswell btw, my ablatives and wep procs both fire in pve.

Also from what peeps have said reactive dots and nukes also fire in pve

G

Gallak

lol well this is why mine is funny:

Reactive Effects on Shields
Bug: Currently reactive effects on shields only work in RvR or Duels. They do not work in PvE. It is possible that they never will as Mythic have said that reactive effects shouldn't work on shields at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom