Film Paranormal Activity

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
A quote from the other thread seems apt for this -

Saw as well. load of bollocks. HORROR FILMS ARE NOT JUST 90 MINUTES OF GRATUITOUS VIOLENCE PEOPLE.

Me and the wife have just watched this and it is fucking well brilliant. So very spooky its untrue. Simply done much like Blair Witch (cost $300 to make) but very good and very skin crawlingly strange.

It is a must see for anyone that liked Blair Witch.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I thought this thread was going to be about ghosts, poltergeist, haunted houses, and ouija boards....

:(

I'm going into the garden to sit on some wet leaves & eat Maltesers

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
I got it at the request of a guy in work, hadnt heard about it before. He watched it and said it scared the shit outta him, I'll be watching it ASAP. Just hope the camera stays snot free in this one

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Saw it whilst in the states, it's shite. Completely predictable, and you have no empathy with the characters particularly the cock of a boyfriend. The end just goes for cheap scares as well.

Supernatural is more scary than this!

Trem

Saw it whilst in the states, it's shite. Completely predictable, and you have no empathy with the characters particularly the cock of a boyfriend. The end just goes for cheap scares as well.

Supernatural is more scary than this!

Lies!

It is done really well and I don't see how you could predict certain things in it. Its a simple pure spooky film made with no budget, no exploding heads and no zombies. Its great!

leviathane

Part of the furniture
i think i saw the trailer to this, is this the one where a couple are at home an they film what goes on at night whilst they sleep?

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Lol Trem!

Without going into spoilers I could predict pretty much exactly what the people would do, the types of events that would be the implications of that (which they tell you in the film) and even the ending. But hey, I'm a bit of an amateur demonologist (fascinating subject, says a lot about human psychology).

I'm normally a bit of a girly man when it comes to horror films, but it didn't scare me at all, I was more scared by the pretty awful pandorum!

You have to admit the boyfriend was a complete bell-end though!

Trem

i think i saw the trailer to this, is this the one where a couple are at home an they film what goes on at night whilst they sleep?

Aye thats the one, it builds really nicely.

Lol Trem!

Without going into spoilers I could predict pretty much exactly what the people would do, the types of events that would be the implications of that (which they tell you in the film) and even the ending. But hey, I'm a bit of an amateur demonologist (fascinating subject, says a lot about human psychology).

I'm normally a bit of a girly man when it comes to horror films, but it didn't scare me at all, I was more scared by the pretty awful pandorum!

You have to admit the boyfriend was a complete bell-end though!

The boyfriend reminded me of the neighbour out of American Beauty, I thought he did the bell end part really well :D and I somehow found the girl in it increasingly attractive.

I *knew* that things would happen but I can't say I could of predicted the types of things to happen.

Each to their own and all that and for a $300 film it was fantastic, actually for a $3 million film it was fantastic.

I enjoy films that mess with your head rather than all out gore and ghosts, I thought the scariest bit of The Exorcist was the noises from the attic.

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah I found her attractive, but she was quite pretty and had massive tits!

Trem

In all honesty, this is what makes me want to see what this movie is all about :D

Well its annoying because she is the only woman I know who sleeps in a vest AND a bra :eek:

mycenae

Can't get enough of FH
bad for your boobs to sleep in a bra. Apparently can make lactating more difficult and painfult and is possibly linked to an increased risk of breast cancer

Trem

bad for your boobs to sleep in a bra. Apparently can make lactating more difficult and painfult and is possibly linked to an increased risk of breast cancer

Not to mention you can't see her nips.

Damini

Part of the furniture
Watched it - thought it was very good. The scene where

she got dragged from the bed by her ankle and out into the corridor

gave me goosebumps all over, and lasted the whole duration of the scene, which was rather unsettling.

The boyfriend was a total bell end, yes, and I would have destroyed him if he was my other half, but he was believably so.

Trem

Watched it - thought it was very good. The scene where

she got dragged from the bed by her ankle and out into the corridor

gave me goosebumps all over, and lasted the whole duration of the scene, which was rather unsettling.

The boyfriend was a total bell end, yes, and I would have destroyed him if he was my other half, but he was believably so.

that bit is the main bit I didn't expect, I thought it was brilliantly done, in a way that the boy at the window in Salems Lot was done. I couldn't work out how they did that because how she came out the bed was so real looking. That scene really bothered me as well, got into my brain. Also the photo in the loft and loft cover slightly ajar its all stuff that would be in your head when you were younger

Talyn

Can't get enough of FH
I watched this yesterday after reading this thread, and the only bits I really had interest in was the night scenes. I found the whole 'setup' of the characters long, slow, boring, and yes, with the nob of a boyfriend, I had no interest in the characters, and muchos interest in the spirit/demon/ghost/prankster.

The build up is brilliant, and the scene that Damini mentions in her spoilers is the scene that stuck with me.

I grew up with the horror genre and nothing has 'affected' me for a long long time, but going to bed last night, that scene popped into my head the moment the light went out, and I just led there listening hard for unusual sounds. Wasn't too bad, 10 mins later I was dead to the world!
I found the psychic blokey a cock too. When he appears for the second time and feels that he can't stay in the room, why didn't the three of them go outside to discuss things rather than just letting him run off like a wuss?

I also watched The Unborn today, which I thought was much better!

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Getting out of the room would have done nothing, she was the nexus not the house

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well, bit late, but saw this;

Too many jumps in the film, showing it was edited after. Especially as it was supposed to be a "raw footage".

Other, they were either the bravest people in the world, or the stupidest. I mean come on, "ok you get dragged out of bed, let's go to sleep".

Other pretty stupid film things, like not watching the taping after night 1.

All in all, could've been great, but the whole thing had so big holes that it got annoying. Holes being the stupidity, lack of realistic reactions etc.

Only thing impressive was when she got dragged out of bed and i was curious on how it was done.

Final judgement; potential wasted.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
good head fuck film, made for £15k grossed so far £100m in us sales. I found it really good. What made it much better for me was the audience i saw it with when the night scenes came everyone was uber silent, everyone stopped eating popcorn/moving made the effects tht much better.
Think it's one of them sixth sense/ the other films though, great on the big screen, dunno how it'd pan out on the small screen and pretty much can only watch it once.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
watching it now and incredibly bored so far, they are going into night 5 now and all thats happened is a door has creaked

im sure it will pick up soon

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
night 19 i think it was, when the light goes on in the hallway then off again the shadow on the door was brilliant. It definately gets better

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Thought it was overall turd, pretty disappointed but it was short enough to be entertaining.

Agree with a fair chunk of what's been said so far, a potential wasted. It was slow, it took too long to build and when it did get interesting (i.e. her getting dragged from the bed) the film finished! I didn't care for the characters either, I wanted the boyfriend to get murdered because he was such a twat at times. There were also other plot holes and unfinished story lines that left me thinking "wtf" - the bit about the woman from the sixties, the paranormal investigator, the demonist who was meant to arrive, the photo in the loft - they just seemed like they were padding out the story and extending the run time of the film. The night scenes were indeed quite scary, they were the only bits that I was interested in.

I reckon I could make a much better paranormal film, so watch this space!

PS Worth going to see just for the girl's tits (even though they were covered) - my word she had gorgeous breasts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom