Paradise Recruiting

buaris

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 8, 2005
Messages
162
ok , the guild is up and running now but you wont see it around after there are members in it.

please may you have your template done and RR3+.

btw i need some help on commands , please someone tell me how you make the number of ranks there are and stuff please. ( e.g. the default rank number is 8 and i want to change it.

please no spam down here like on the other post of argue'ing , keep it neat.

btw let me remind you anyone can join that is not in the group setup and you can change the setup around just a little.

cheers, :cheers:

Raila
 

buaris

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 8, 2005
Messages
162
btw the char that has started the guild is 'Orgatlaf' my skald.

or do /who Paradise if you want :)

Raila
 

Himse

FH is my second home
Joined
Jan 31, 2004
Messages
2,178
i can offer you a level 1 viking !
rr0 and no toa!

do i have a chance??
 

Shatar

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 20, 2004
Messages
235
buaris said:
but that doesnt say what command . There is a way to do it though because i think i saw a guild with only 5 ranks in it.

Raila
Never heard of being able to change the amount of ranks, and I think theres 9 ranks. Just use 9th rank as newely joined ppl on trial or whatever and then just use 5th rank as your base member rank and so forth. Why bother reducing em, just don't use 6-8(7, if it's 8 ranks total).
 

cemi0

Can't get enough of FH
Joined
Dec 31, 2003
Messages
1,791
buaris said:
but that doesnt say what command . There is a way to do it though because i think i saw a guild with only 5 ranks in it.

Raila
Never heard of such command - and afterall, all commands should stand on Mythic's website. All guilds have ranks 0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9 by default = 10 ranks. As Shater said just leave some of them unused.

Himse: Why do you always have to mess up threads? All Raila's threads have turned into a flame disaster. Shouldnt we atleast try to give Paradise the fair chance and keep the spam out of this thread so it leaves room for seriously applications? Im disapointed at you frankley. Very.
 

buaris

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 8, 2005
Messages
162
please talk to me for more info as i have not put lots of things in the thread.

Also if you can't get your template you can join and we can help you out. Also i dont want people who are full off themselves and get angry and call guildys n00bs.come on , lets have a nice , good guild for once ! :wij:

cheers, :cheers:

Raila
 

buaris

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 8, 2005
Messages
162
cemi0 said:
Never heard of such command - and afterall, all commands should stand on Mythic's website. All guilds have ranks 0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9 by default = 10 ranks. As Shater said just leave some of them unused.

Himse: Why do you always have to mess up threads? All Raila's threads have turned into a flame disaster. Shouldnt we atleast try to give Paradise the fair chance and keep the spam out of this thread so it leaves room for seriously applications? Im disapointed at you frankley. Very.
you tell him please . :flame: :flame: :flame:
 

JackHeart

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
287
You can change the rank value of each "slot" in the guild.. You have 10 different slots or "ranks", where 1 is Guildmaster and 10 is the one you start with when you get invited, but with the command /gc edit x rank y, you can make a slot a higher rank for the guild house or maybe other things.
 

buaris

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 8, 2005
Messages
162
well , thanks for the help people but i don't see why i bother. I've done 2 threads for making a guild that will be fun if people join .

but since then i have had no replys , just argue'ing and also people messing up my threads .

i don't see why people do this. All they want is attention. can't people actually be serious for once.

______________

Raila
 

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Joined
Dec 24, 2003
Messages
3,646
I think youll find there are already many fine guilds in Midgard, hence the lack of replies. Theres little point keep starting up new ones, when established guilds that run well would benefit more from players looking for new homes.Also, asking for prerequisits isnt a good idea, most RR3+ people are well set in guilds, and happy there, youd be better off finding an established guild yourself, and grouping with them rather than trying to lead one yourself.
 

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Joined
Jan 19, 2004
Messages
10,770
ye, try and get fg of mates with the setup you'd like, and play often together - if you think it's fun and will work out you could start guild with those ;o
 

buaris

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 8, 2005
Messages
162
old.Whoodoo said:
I think youll find there are already many fine guilds in Midgard, hence the lack of replies. Theres little point keep starting up new ones, when established guilds that run well would benefit more from players looking for new homes.Also, asking for prerequisits isnt a good idea, most RR3+ people are well set in guilds, and happy there, youd be better off finding an established guild yourself, and grouping with them rather than trying to lead one yourself.
but there are no guilds that will let me in. The ones that do don't do any guild groups at all that i really like.
 

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Joined
Jan 9, 2004
Messages
8,306
aye :(

We AB for example would love to run gg's, but atm we simply dont have the numbers for it, "lost 90% of our active players to wow" however this is proving exreamly hard, since poeple want instant rvr.! so we'r kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place...cant run gg, cant rectrute new people due to lack of gg. :/

also tthought finding low lvl players to recrute but this also semms difficult for variouse reasons 1. not many around, 2. we dont really have much to offer low levels "we'r all 40+" exept the oportunity for some social company :/
the other option of merging seems blink as well since most these days arent willing to give up thier guild. the last reason is then due to people creating new rvr guilds instead of joining existing ones and work to setup gg's through that.

seems a shame to me that quite a few of the old guilds with high bounty points, realm points, good reputations and are in the main alliance's are slowly but surely dying "ab being one of them :/

I'm not going to tell anyone not to create new guilds, thats not my place tbh, heh and i wont mind helping someone create one "helped this chap" but stil think it's a shame to see the old guilds struggling :/

/..Ane
 

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Joined
Dec 24, 2003
Messages
3,646
buaris said:
but there are no guilds that will let me in. The ones that do don't do any guild groups at all that i really like.
Seems you have some social problems there m8, if guilds wont let you in there must be a good reason for it, and most guilds I know can run an FG.

Like AB, RD struggles too, although recently we have recruited a few new players who are keen to get into the action. But these are far and few between. Like AB again, RD is one of the oldest guilds around, so a merge for us seems a waste of all our hard work, but we are always willing to take on other guilds who find their /gu empty. We can just manage an FG these days, mainly hunters for some reason, but we still miss the days of having the luxury of 2fg wondering the lands :(
 

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Mar 19, 2004
Messages
586
Olgaline said:
aye :(

We AB for example would love to run gg's, but atm we simply dont have the numbers for it, "lost 90% of our active players to wow" however this is proving exreamly hard, since poeple want instant rvr.! so we'r kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place...cant run gg, cant rectrute new people due to lack of gg. :/

also tthought finding low lvl players to recrute but this also semms difficult for variouse reasons 1. not many around, 2. we dont really have much to offer low levels "we'r all 40+" exept the oportunity for some social company :/
the other option of merging seems blink as well since most these days arent willing to give up thier guild. the last reason is then due to people creating new rvr guilds instead of joining existing ones and work to setup gg's through that.

seems a shame to me that quite a few of the old guilds with high bounty points, realm points, good reputations and are in the main alliance's are slowly but surely dying "ab being one of them :/

I'm not going to tell anyone not to create new guilds, thats not my place tbh, heh and i wont mind helping someone create one "helped this chap" but stil think it's a shame to see the old guilds struggling :/

/..Ane
I totally agree with you here, the problems you experience are exactly the same as White Rose are currently experiencing, like AB, WR was a mighty guild regularly 40-50 on-line, post WoW no more 8 with no active healers or shaman, we could not make a GG if we tried. Every new person we recruited left within nano-seconds.../gu too quiet, no support for those < 50 and not enough RvR GG for the 50s.... tis sad to see.

But from our loss other guilds have become strong such as SH and RS, so I suppose it is not all bad news :)
 

buaris

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 8, 2005
Messages
162
hey guys , i've just had an idea...why don't we all merge together ?!?! ;)
have a think about that . :worthy: :cheers: :worthy:
_________

Raila lvl 50 SM
Orgatlaf lvl 50 skald
 

Velveteen

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jun 29, 2004
Messages
207
I'd like to see that also


It would be sad to see the names of the guilds disappear

I remember seeing WR, AB and RD from the very start of my playing, but why stay on a sinking ship? surely it would do better for everyone to just combine and see how that goes?

I would surely be in on that if it happened, and I know a few others that feel the same way!
 

Sourcream

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Oct 30, 2004
Messages
238
Aren't you happy with Bannana Bunnies Raila Oo.......

:flame: Death is just the beginning :flame:

Sourcream <Black Company> Level 50 skald rr6L4
 
S

ste

Guest
Xajorkith said:
But from our loss other guilds have become strong such as SH and RS, so I suppose it is not all bad news
I can't speak for SH but this statement is slightly misleading. RS have been (until TDA overtook us a few weeks ago) the largest guild on Excalibur for quiet some time, even before NF hit us. Our member base also consists of very few x-WR/AB etc members, I think the people who leave these guilds tend to join other guilds within their alliance. Most of our new members tend to be new players (yes they do exist) or people changing realms to try out Midgard.

It's true tho that our percieved strength has grown since NF, and especially since the release of WoW, but I think thats due mainly to the fact that we were more biased towards PvE, so NF didn't hit us as bad as some of the more 'gg' RvR active guilds. Don't get me wrong tho we're averaging about 20-25 members less than we were before xmas.

btw - at one point midgard excalibur had 4 of the top 6 largest guilds in europe according Duskwave iirc (RS, TDA, WR, FoM). Not bad for a medium sized realm on a medium sized server. This does show that we have the capability to work together as large guilds, it's just a shame that we seem to have lost it somewhere along the tracks.

Buaris said:
hey guys , i've just had an idea...why don't we all merge together ?!?!
Won't work imo. Most guilds are down to their hardcore members, typically officers and gm's, who have put a lot of work into their guilds. Even if they could all be persuaded to give up their guilds who would be the GM of the new mega guild? Having all the members as rank 0 wont work as most of us know that you need 1 person to have the final say on the big decisions. Also how is the 1 big guild also going to protect the realm when it can only claim 1 keep/tower at a time?

The lack of numbers is a major problem that im sure the other realms are struggling to find answers to it also. Should your idea of a large guild get off the ground then it looks as tho were going to have 3 different approaches to the solution in midgard.

1) 1 big guild. (as discussed above)
2) (LFoM) 1 Large alliance made up of the main RvR guilds, as they see it, consisting of guilds ranging from small to large, with stringent rules on the use of the /as channel. i.e. minimum inter-guild chat.
3) (RSA) 1 medium alliance made up of mainly medium sized guilds using /as as an extention of their /gu channel.

It will be interesting to see which method proves most successful in the long run.

As the leader of the RSA im obviously going to champion option 3 but for all you guilds suffering from a lack of numbers a modified version of this maybe the way for u guys to go. If for example u used the /as for /gu, you could then set up a /cg to replace the old style /as channel incoporating the old /as rules. My thinking behind this is that this would go some way to eleviating the isolation that some people feel when theres only 3-4 guildies online most nights, allow u to recruit new members and keep the established old guilds running.

Yeh it might be a bit of a pain in the arse to start with but if the idea took off you might find that the LFoM, RSA, and Sirius alliances joined the cg also. Then we would have most of the realm actually working together in RvR.

There again it might produce more chaos than it's worth.
 

Himse

FH is my second home
Joined
Jan 31, 2004
Messages
2,178
buaris said:
Then why do you mess up peoples threads? :m00:
hey! i made your guild look good by applying

imho you should let me join
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom