pallys and mezz resist

N

Northstarr

is there any way other than the resist chants pallys get to help resist mezz as we cant get determination? i dont really want to spend all my points on purge (wanna get faith heal as my first ra)but it looks like im gonna have to. also which dmg type is mezz? some say its mind some say its body, pretty sure its body but not 100% sure?

D

Danya

Depends who is mezzing. Healers and bards are body though.

O

old.FIN

Full resist list is on Camelot-Seer , look it up

F

Flimgoblin

You can get avoidance of magic... it works on all magic but is only a 3% resist increase (instead of 15% reduction in mezz/stun)

J

Javai

And some classes now get a cure mezz speel, sure no good for a solo Paladin but not too many Paladins solo anyway.

Personally I took the decision NOT to take purge as an RA, although I could afford both it and FH. Why? It is rare that being able to purge as a Paladin is going to make very much difference to a fight, if the cleric purges group might stay alive, if the mezzer purges group might stay alive, if the Paladin purges paladin will die followed by her group mates. That said if they had reduced the cost of purge in line with other tanks classes I'd take it.

A

alithiel50

Originally posted by Javai
It is rare that being able to purge as a Paladin is going to make very much difference to a fight, if the cleric purges group might stay alive, if the mezzer purges group might stay alive, if the Paladin purges paladin will die followed by her group mates.
I disagree… Purging enables the paladin to reactivate their body chant, giving the rest of the group a reduction in the duration of their mezz, and protect the cleric or mezzer when they purge. Also, a shield spec paladin with slam can purge and get vital stuns on the enemy casters to prevent them from nuking the whole group to death is seconds, and I’d imagine that the new taunt will give the paladin an additional advantage in interrupting casters in this way.

In my opinion, the majority of Paladins are too modest about their abilities, and don’t seem to realise how valuable a contribution they make in a group. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom