Pally Shield Spec

H

holydus

should i take my pallys shield spec to 50 or should i just get slam at 42

E

Ekydus

You don't have enough points to take shield to 50 and have good points in what is left.

However, if you're planning on being very defensive...

50 Shield.
46 Chants.
29 Slash.
19 Parry.

Up to you really...

B

Brynn

i was the cookie cutter spec before 42 sheild, 47 chant rest in slash. But i got me grubby mitts on a dragon respec stone and i respecced to 50 sheild, 46 chants 29 slash 19 parry. And its great, coz in rvr groups im sposed to be caster guard so with 50 sheild its easierto be defencive. Plus the brutalize is evil. But if you spec like i am now, then you dont get amethyst slash(sp?) but you do get riposte which you use after blocking and does more damage so its kinda the same.

Depends how you want your paladin to be really. But we dont have the offencive capabilities to be damage dealers, i mean i hit an amethyst slash for 120 damage occasionally 200 with buffed. Compare this to like a duel weild merc or 2handed armsman. I would also prefer to be defencive so i dont die 1st ;) i leave that to the damage dealers :p.

Just my 2p

H

holydus

darn i have went other on slash then <CRYS> will have to base line respec when i get lvl 40

P

parlain

50 shield seemed an inefficient use of spec points imo but then some people seem to like it, esp with SC allowing +11 slash on a template these days when before you'd be lucky to get +4

Still with a ws that low be rdy to miss alot :)

S

sheepseyes

every sheild stlye after 42 relys on another ie block ,parry is it really worth it and why after slamming hitting a few times wtf wont slam stun em again ?

O

old.shotgunstow

If you autotrain slash/chants, will you then have enough points to make more slash/parry? :p

M

Moody

Brutalise, the lvl 50 shield style, is brutal. Off course its after a block when Slam is anytime. It uses a fraction of the endurance of Slam, but what's your problem with end if you're a paladin anyway?

And Paladins block more with 42 shield than me when I was 50 shield because their AF is also used in the chance to block calculation I think (ducks)

S

skile

Originally posted by Moody
Brutalise, the lvl 50 shield style, is brutal. Off course its after a block when Slam is anytime. It uses a fraction of the endurance of Slam, but what's your problem with end if you're a paladin anyway?

And Paladins block more with 42 shield than me when I was 50 shield because their AF is also used in the chance to block calculation I think (ducks)

Doubt it :p.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom