pally RA´s

G

gwal

I´m getting to the point where I´m not sure what RA´s to get any more. theres still some good ones left, but compared to their cost, are they then so good?

I have currently got:

aug. strength 1
aug. con 1
toughness 2
avoidance of magic 2
purge
faith heal

I know it would be nice with IP, or mastery of pain, but it´s pretty expensive to get theese, and does a skill like mastery of pain really fit a paladin?
I´ve always believed a paladin to be defensive, his primary task on rvr to keep casters alive, and so I´m not sure a skill like mastery of pain is good - not like I´m gonna kill the hero in less than 15 minutes anyway.

any suggestions, or ideas, as to what would be good to get, keep in mind that points cost should not be too high for the RA´s worth, like IP will cost me 23 points (with first aid 1 and 2) - 23 points = me needing to be RR 6L7 which is hard for a paladin to get to. if u think it´s worth trying to save up for, or respec to get, feel free to say so.

thx for any help you may give me

regards, gwalmar

J

Javai

Well I did go for mastery of Pain 2 and mastery of arms 2 so I swing that bastard sword faster and get alot of crits with it, sure I'm not going to kill a Hero but I sure as hell hurt casters and stealthers :)

On top of that I recently got Master of Block and Master of Parry, its difficult to tell the difference they make in rvr as the spam goes up too fast to notice but I have noticed that yellow con mobs can barely hit me now, and can take on 3-4 blues without too much trouble.

Rest of my points are on FH and I currently have one in the bank that I can't decide on.

O

old.FIN

I'm going also for Masterys Of Pain/Arms, Specially because im 2h

and im not going to take many skills, i will go up with only few ,not spreaddding my points wide, few skills, and high skills, thats my motto..

Raise Avoidance of Magic if u dont get anything in mind what to raise..

talk to me im Pm, i tell u whát i have, cant remmeber them now

C

Chenuba

Yeah it's hard to choose.
ATM I got FH and mastery of pain.
I know that grapple thingy are expensive as hell but pbaoe stun for 12 sec sounds interesting to me.. wil be in 3 or 4 RR though.

D

drunkard

Choosing ra's drives me mad. I'm an armsman, not a pally, but I'm starting to feel that the best way to go is defensive to protect casters.

How about mastery of blocking? I'm assuming you have pretty high shield anyway, that could really make you a caster defender.

I think IP is useless except for 1 on 1 situations, us tanks have more important things to worry about than getting done in by an assasin every once in a while.

O

old.LandShark

Master of Parry/Pain/Blocking are great skills (esp. pain) and aug dex is probably the most useful prerequisite you can think of, aside maybe FA2 :p
esp. for you poor low-dex pally mongs!

C

Chenuba

Originally posted by old.LandShark
aug dex is probably the most useful prerequisite you can think of, aside maybe FA2 :p
esp. for you poor low-dex pally mongs!

Low-dex ?, I'm a Saracen, dex is my middlename :p, but yes aug. dex is a prerequisite to many other RAs.

G

gwal

thx for the help, I may go for mastery of pain. would also like aug con 2 and avoidance of magic 3 tho, but I´ll think of that later on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom