Pala's are sooo good in pve, read this experience...

C

conspectus

Monday night, 7 palas 1 cleric in barrows!! We constantly pulled 2 - 4 reds at a time and the cleric hardly had to heal, we didn't rest a second in 2 hours and i made 4 bubs in 40!!

People often tell pala's they are useless, they are either ignorant or they lie, dont listen to them.

Paladin's are supertanks.

Y

-yoda-

its common knowledge paladin are pve gods :)

9/10 groups prefer a pally in there grp than an armsman

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Yea, so they can rez me and the cleric when we get our butts handed to us! :p

...useless bloody armsmen...can't friggin rez me...~grumble~ ~chokes on dirt~ ~more grumbling~

N

Northstarr

its true that 90% of ppl i tell i play a pally say i shud of rolled a armsman, i have both (pally 42 arms 33) and imo pallys are better in everyway. armsman get quite a bit more hp but next patch with stacking af buffs pally af will kick ass

O

old.Kladen

they dont get quite a bit more HP they get only a little bit. im a briton and i have 1554 and other briton armsmen i know have less or 100 more, so its not that bad, also have higher constition so we take less damage and we have a self af buff which makes us take less damage. and the resist chants which also mean we take less damage.

R

Rhuric

Pallys the gods of PvE....remember the old time with my first char on alb my cleric, at lvl 35 or so, fighting greater boogeys......first with a pally, then replaced him with a armsman.....not a good choise.........well in RvR......well in 1vs1 against another tank.....while out of end the pally will surely win cause Pallys are f*** unkillable with faith heal/heal chant........not really true...but takes about the time as a Hero that Moosed and iped......

Now I am rabling.....well well, it is late and I go sleep now :sleeping: :sleeping:

S

starblade

It is not really a question of being better or not .... it is a question about playing your character. As for myself, I love my paladin, with chants at 49 (hope they fix resists somewhen :) ) , I still use AF at 90% of the times (the boost is huge), leaving damage buff to wizard and/or a second pally.

Still being 2hander, I deal enough damage to get and keep agro from as good as anything without resorting to heal chant and losing group AF. But still .... it is not I who kills the mobs. While I take agro a lot with good old Dravin flaking my side and guarding me, the damage dealing factor comes from the armsmen (whether pole or not). Although I do not doubt the mob would go down with a bunch of paladins grouping together, the speed at which they fall is substantially increased with some firm armsman in the group.

They are 2 different classes playing 2 different styles. Both are needed (badly ... we seem to be struggling with a tank shortage :( ) and deserve the respect they are due :)

G

gwal

People often tell pala's they are useless, they are either ignorant or they lie, dont listen to them.

uuuuuhhhmm, who u been talking to??

every1, their dog, cat, fish, and even the hole in their back yard knows that paladins rule on pve.

might wanna tell you, that 4 reds doesnt really take more than 4 paladins to kill, but u´ll probably see that for yourself soon enough :) just distribute aggro and a pally grp wont go down unless theres a helluva lot on em.

when I xp´d in catacombs in a grp of 7 pallys and 1 cleric, it took a full room + adds (9 in all) purple con to bring us down. and aggro didnt get distributed very well cause of the suprise of the pull, confusing a lot as ppl didnt know whether to run or not.

F

Flimgoblin

Paladins rock in PvE

they don't rock quite so much in RvR, so a few of them are very vocal and whine a lot.

This makes people think Paladins are gimp.

Far from the truth :)

A paladin won't hit as hard as an armsman in RvR, but they get other stuff (which is of arguable effectiveness... but hey I'd rather have the paladin damage add than another armsman in my group :))

J

Javai

The main reason Paladins moan in RvR is the complete lack of a ranged attack which makes wall sieges and keep defenses kinda dull.

Still you can be useful by guarding a caster (if you are shield specced) and running about rezzing all the casters if you aren't (especially as I detect a lack of clerics atm)

O

old.chesnor

Pallys are undoubtedly great PvE chars, but I don't like this Paladins > Armsmen mentality. Another case of Albion shooting itself in the foot. Now you are giving all your valiant s&b armsmen inferiority complexes, and making them all spec polearms! Stop it at ince!!!11

D

Danya

Did a tree group once without clerics with just paladin heal chants. The group was me (minstrel), theurg, paladin, paladin, paladin, armsman. :p

F

Flimgoblin

s/s armsmen are ace too :) but I'd prefer armsman+paladin to two armsmen.. simple as that :)

(mainly because the damage chant applies to both my weapons... and I'm a greedy git and want lots of damage ... muahuahua)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom