Paladins...

M

mirieth

Another "how to spec a Paladin" thread ;).

I'm not sure on a few minor points about specing my Paladin...

1) 46 or 48 chants?

and 2) 39 or 44 slash?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks in advance. :great:

T

Turamber

48 chants. Was a good argument for 46 previously, but now that the armour buff stacks 48 all the way baby!!

Not sure about slash, considering respeccing from 29 to a higher level at the minute ... but my experience of respeccing is not a good one :(

L

Lam

Well, I wouldn't go above 39 slash for a paladin, the points you would spend in getting slash higher can be put to better use in getting 42 shield (for slam) and in getting 48 chant (for the last AF-chant) and you'll still have some points to spec in parry for a little extra defence.
The difference in damage from 39 to 44 slash won't be worth spending all those points in since you won't hit very hard anyway.

N

-Nxs-

42 shield
46 chants
44 slash
20 parry

nice defensive spec, not sure how the AF buff stack comes into play now, havent played a paladin for a while.

The above was a pretty much standard spec a few months ago, there should be plenty of people around to let you know how this fairs today.

IMHO spending 47 and 48 points into chants just to get the last AF buff would be points better spent on other things, but thats just me.

M

mirieth

Originally posted by -Nxs-
42 shield
46 chants
44 slash
20 parry

nice defensive spec, not sure how the AF buff stack comes into play now, havent played a paladin for a while.

The above was a pretty much standard spec a few months ago, there should be plenty of people around to let you know how this fairs today.

IMHO spending 47 and 48 points into chants just to get the last AF buff would be points better spent on other things, but thats just me.

That's exactly what I was thinking and the spec I was thinking of... just wanted some more educated opinion on it also. Seems pretty split opinion, in general... hmm. So many choices... of which each will make very little difference, oh well. :eek:

T

Turel Haven

39 Slash
42 Shield
48 Chants
15 Parry

The best all round imo :)

O

old.Isos

hehe dont think you can have 20 in parry too Nxs :D :D

and I think its worth to put up the weapon 44 cause 15 in parry wont do alot of difference and I parry alot like it is anyway and I got like 0 in parry

A

Addlcove

I'm gonna end up

48 chants
42 shield
29 slash
30 parry

but I'm making a heavy defense pally ;)

I'm autoing slash til 40, but am in doubt wether that gives me 20 or 27 extra points, if it gives 27 extra points parry will be 31

oh and Turamber which armor buffs exactly stack I'm not certain

I do know that AFchant + cleric SPEC AFbuff doesn´t work together but the BASE AFBuff hasn´t given me any trouble ;)

T

Turamber

Originally posted by Addlcove
oh and Turamber which armor buffs exactly stack I'm not certain

Until a fairly recent patch our self armour buff and the group armour fact chant didn't stack together. They do now, making 48 chants worthwhile.

No one else speccing for the final resist chant?

49 chants here ... /flex (I think?!)

T

Turel Haven

Resist chants are nice, but with Friars and Cleric's castable resists, it's not really necessary to spec higher purely for them.

Speccing for the last AF chant is certainly worth while tho ;)

O

old.Isos

Im not all sure about that

there are so many chants I would rather run than AF, even if its good, AF chant is the one I use the least.

N

-Nxs-

Originally posted by SoulFly Amarok
That isn't even possible. :great:
Yeah yeah ok... 39 slash is what i ment, it was late ok :)

H

Heffer

39slash
42shield
48chants
rest parry!

get some master of blocking and master of parrying you will be extremely defensive and with 39+11 slash u hit fairly hard too!!

A

**Aligro**

Originally posted by Addlcove
I'm gonna end up

48 chants
42 shield
29 slash
30 parry

but I'm making a heavy defense pally ;)

this is the best spec.. i can solo purples

N

-naetha-

If you start crush then respec to slash at 40 you can get a final spec of:

39 Slash
46 Chants
42 Shield
23 Parry

(Not entirely sure about parry but its about that)

I'm not too fussed about the highest shield chant as I only ever use it when twisting, not normal play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom